Which itinerary?

akmom1heck

Legend - Tampa, Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize, Cozumel

Magic - Ft. Lauderdale, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Sensation - Miami, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios

Getting there is equal to each port, the first two are about the same price and the last is $100 less.

Which would you choose?

Based on itineraries, I'd go with the Legend. More stops, we have something we like to do in each place except Grand Cayman. 

Based on the ship, I'd go on the Magic. Newer, nicer ship. 

I would nix the Sensation just because it's a small ship and Ochi is the only port that we'd personally enjoy. 

I guess between the Magic and Legend, I'd go with the Magic simply because Half Moon Cay is the best port anywhere, it's a newer and nicer ship, and we love Grand Turk. 

I also assume all of these sailings are the same length, not trying to compare a 5 day to a 7 day. 

I would go with Legend too based on the ports. If it was based on the ship, I would go with Magic with Legend a close second (I love the layout of Spirit class ships). I would also still sail on Sensation, especially since she has an Alchemy Bar, which is my favorite Carnival bar. 

I would go with the Legend,  since Grand Cayman is still on our bucket list!:classic_wink:  

And the smaller Sensation, would be a good second choice!    (smaller ships are just as much fun as the MEGA ships.....IMHO!) :classic_cool:

Edited by jwjax

8 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Based on itineraries, I'd go with the Legend. More stops, we have something we like to do in each place except Grand Cayman. 

Based on the ship, I'd go on the Magic. Newer, nicer ship. 

I would nix the Sensation just because it's a small ship and Ochi is the only port that we'd personally enjoy. 

I guess between the Magic and Legend, I'd go with the Magic simply because Half Moon Cay is the best port anywhere, it's a newer and nicer ship, and we love Grand Turk. 

I also assume all of these sailings are the same length, not trying to compare a 5 day to a 7 day. 

Grand Turk is a private island? What do you love so much about it? We went before and didn't love it, but maybe we didn't go to the right spots.

Half Moon Cay is the only private island.

Grand Turk nor Amber Cove is a private island.

They are, however, port facilities that were developed by and belong to Carnival Corp.  Passengers are free to leave either Grand Turk or Amber Cove on their own, non-ship, excursions.

Half Moon Cay is also owned by Carnival Corp. and primarily hosts Holland America ships.  In recent years Carnival Cruise Lines ships are calling rather frequently.  Leaving Half Moon Cay on a private excursion is difficult to impossible....besides, you would miss that great lunch that they serve.

8 hours ago, 1019throw said:

Grand Turk is a private island? What do you love so much about it? We went before and didn't love it, but maybe we didn't go to the right spots.

No, Half Moon Cay is a private island, not Grand Turk. We've been to Grand Turk numerous times and just love it there. We always get away from the cruise crowd though to enhance our day wherever we go.

19 hours ago, akmom1heck said:

Legend - Tampa, Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize, Cozumel

Magic - Ft. Lauderdale, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Sensation - Miami, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios

Getting there is equal to each port, the first two are about the same price and the last is $100 less.

Which would you choose?

First we'd loose the Sensation, small ship, fewer ports!

Legend plus and minuses, smaller ship then Magic, which can be good or bad depending on your cabin choice.

Tampa a great port, we live closer to Tampa then Ft Laud..

Grand Cayman, Mohogany Bay, Cozumel great ports for us, we like the beach, Belize sucks for us!

Magic plus and minuses, larger ship, offers more, but is larger to walk if your physically challenged.

Ft Lauderdale a good, but busy port.

Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk are great beach days, Amber Cove for us is a boring pool day at the port, or an expensive excursion to a mediocre beach!

Our choice would be the legend out of Tampa, but not by much!