MedallionNet Voyage Package

Pickels

2 hours ago, spyro1952 said:

Does anyone have a list of ships now offering Medallion.net packages?  

I am on the Crown TA in April and the old per minute packages are still listed on my On Board reservations page.

So far, it is available on the Regal, Caribbean and Royal.  

If the old minute package with the social, surf and premium are available, they are not scheduled to have the MedallionNet.  

4 hours ago, spyro1952 said:

Does anyone have a list of ships now offering Medallion.net packages?  

I am on the Crown TA in April and the old per minute packages are still listed on my On Board reservations page.

If it is available, you will see it under Onboard Reservations/Internet Access in your cruise personalizer.

I am on Caribbean Princess in a week.  I will provide feedback as to how fast the service is.  I bought the 7 day package for $59.99.  Good deal.  I run a family blog with pictures; so my extended family can see where I have been.  So to answer the op's question; any ship that shows the medallion net in the cruise personalizer; has the fast new wifi.  

I am on the Royal right now. The Medallion Net WiFi is fast!!!! I’m truly amazed and pleased. Having unlimited WiFi is also allowing my photos to back up. I hemmed about giving up my free minutes but it is worth every penny to me. Might not be another passenger’s cup of tea. 

Cheers, Denise 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arubaaruba said:

I am booked on enchanted 2020 and it does not show as a Medallion cruise. Won’t all the new ships be Medallion?

Too far out for the Enchanted yet.

Yes new builds are all supposed to be Medallion.

I in=magine they will add it online at a later date.

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I am on Caribbean Princess in a week.  I will provide feedback as to how fast the service is.  I bought the 7 day package for $59.99.  Good deal.  I run a family blog with pictures; so my extended family can see where I have been.  So to answer the op's question; any ship that shows the medallion net in the cruise personalizer; has the fast new wifi.  

We were on the CB in Dec. The WiFi is fast and reliable. The Medallion (at that time) still had a few “bugs” to be worked out. We did enjoy our cabin door being unlocked a few steps away and not have to dig for our cruise cards. Enjoy your trip!

On 2/9/2019 at 9:08 AM, dchip said:

I am on the Royal right now. The Medallion Net WiFi is fast!!!! I’m truly amazed and pleased. Having unlimited WiFi is also allowing my photos to back up. I hemmed about giving up my free minutes but it is worth every penny to me. Might not be another passenger’s cup of tea. 

Cheers, Denise 

Why did you have to give up your free minutes? That doesn’t sound fair when free Internet is a Platinum and Elite perk. 

15 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

Why did you have to give up your free minutes? That doesn’t sound fair when free Internet is a Platinum and Elite perk. 

I thought the same thing, Pam. I paid $59 for unlimited Internet the week which seems like a fair price but there’s no break for platinum/elite cruisers. I was told maybe I would get refunded a portion of the purchase price once I’m on board but talking to others here on CC, that doesn’t seem to be the case. I have a feeling we are about to lose a perk.

29 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

Hi Pam,

I have a cruise on the Royal very soon.  We were given a choice, we can opt to keep our free platinum/elite minutes or opt to pay like anyone else for the MedallionNet 14+ day voyage package for $99.99 (Must be paid in advance, so no using OBC) and forfeit our benefits.  IMO, this was not thought out very well on behalf of Princess' loyal customers.  At minimum we should be given some kind of discount to switch.  I do have issues with this.  Grumble, Grumble.  BTW, they have now removed the MedallionNet 14+ day voyage package for $99.99 from my cruise.

You can’t use OBC to buy the package once onboard? That’s not fair either. 

I havent gotten the electronic post cruise questionnaire for a year or more so if this is the case, I’ll be filling out comment cards onboard. Hope others do, too.  

51 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

That’s how it’s working! If they had been charging the regular price, I would have used my minutes and then decided on the package. We got it for $99.99 got 49 days. It seemed fair enough in that situation. 

Cheers, Denise

PS: I have a bigger problem not having the tub chair in our cabin for 49 days. Yes, I have made my displeasure known. 

Edited by dchip
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

Hi Pam,

I have a cruise on the Royal very soon.  We were given a choice, we can opt to keep our free platinum/elite minutes or opt to pay like anyone else for the MedallionNet 14+ day voyage package for $99.99 (Must be paid in advance, so no using OBC) and forfeit our benefits.  IMO, this was not thought out very well on behalf of Princess' loyal customers.  At minimum we should be given some kind of discount to switch.  I do have issues with this.  Grumble, Grumble.  BTW, they have now removed the MedallionNet 14+ day voyage package for $99.99 from my cruise.

We are on the royal now. Paid 99.99 for 49 days. That was the book at least 3 days in advance price.  On board was 124.99 I think.  Elite/platinum minutes lost. It is my understanding that the 99.99 price is for any 14 day or long cruise. Also one device per package 

3 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

We are on the royal now. Paid 99.99 for 49 days. That was the book at least 3 days in advance price.  On board was 124.99 I think.  Elite/platinum minutes lost. It is my understanding that the 99.99 price is for any 14 day or long cruise. Also one device per package 

I just paid $59 for seven days so that is a great price but I’m still upset that our platinum/elite minutes now appear to be lost. I will be elite after my next cruise and  it took me forever to get there.

1 minute ago, Pam in CA said:

Do they still give Platinum/Elite minutes and if so, how many? 

Yes, and AFIK, the number of minutes based on cruise length is still as it has been for a very long time.  Many times I catch a embarkation day only special to pay for additional minutes.

1 minute ago, hpeabody said:

Yes, and AFIK, the number of minutes based on cruise length is still as it has been for a very long time.  Many times I catch a embarkation day only special to pay for additional minutes.

Excellent. I have a MR and Coastal booked in April and May. Don’t think I’ll need many minutes on the MR and the Coastal is mostly US ports.