What's in the empty space next to my room

susan1957

47 minutes ago, Garth2 said:

It's the final resting place for Jimmy Hoffa.

No, that's my wife's purse.  Seriously, I think we have DB Cooper in there too.

Anyway...that space could be any number of crew-oriented work areas, like linen closets, clean-up holding areas, or other storage.  Or laundry facilities (for passenger use).  The exhaust stack also undoubtedly runs up through the middle of it too.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

No, crew cabins are Deck 0

I have been on the Behind the Fun tour several times.  There are crew cabins on other decks.  Officers and a few others have cabins on deck 0.  All of the crew members can't fit on deck 0 and below.  Most of the space on those decks serves a different purpose, like proper food storage, laundry, trash, crew dining facilities, etc.

Edited by Tiger0613

21 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

I have been on the Behind the Fun tour several times.  There are crew cabins on other decks.  Officers and a few others have cabins on deck 0.  All of the crew members can't fit on deck 0 and below.  Most of the space on those decks serves a different purpose, like proper food storage, laundry, trash, crew dining facilities, etc.

Crew aren't officers.  Officers cabins are behind the bridge.  The ship staff (fly in entertainers) that rank above the water line are housed in regular passenger cabins.  

If that space is basically midships, which I think it is, that is mostly the engine casing, where the exhausts go up to the funnel.  There may be some steward pantries or storage lockers around the periphery, but most of the space is engine casing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1