Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

Oh, no!  I am very sad to hear that you have paid top dollars to sail and you are having major plumbing problems.  Not a good sign with respect to the basic infrastructure of the ship and perhaps needed renovations there.  Please do keep us posted.  I hope that this gets resolved very quickly and you have smooth and wonderful sailings going forward.

10 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

We'll be sailing in 6146 on Saturday.  Still a full tub and shower.  The shower is a little different and not as big.  There are pictures on one of the first few Millennium sailing reviews after dry dock or the Millennium revolution thread.  There is no coffee table.  The tv is no longer in the corner to see from all angles.  It's over a credenza against the wall so only can be viewed from the bed unless there's a swing bracket???  The blind has been replaced by a curtain that when pushed to the side, covers half the door.  I will be bringing a hook to drape the curtain over or else there will be very little light in the cabin from what I can see.

The balcony furniture is the biggest disgrace if you ask me.  No loungers and a just a bench in it's place.  I will be requesting some.  If two don't fit with the bench, then it will have to go.  Maybe the butler can donate it to the Penthouse for the week.  Also the table out there looks cafeteria style and the chairs look classroom style :classic_angry:

I agree about the pictures of the balcony furniture that I have seen.  I've got 6145 booked for November.  The WHOLE reason I booked it was for the balcony size and the furniture on the balcony!  What would have been wrong with just leaving two loungers?  I wonder if the bench will go thru the cabin door?  If so it looks like a good place for it would be at the foot of the bed. Replace with two sun loungers on the balcony.  If something like that can't be arranged....I may have to go with plan "B."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rosskeys88 said:

For the Hoppen doubters...it’s much more elegant in person.  So far, the redesign is great, and exceeds expectations.  

That said, old problems die hard; we have had plumbers in our room for 3 hours.  A bad smell became yellow/green water in all sinks/tub/shower/balcony tub. 

The “retreat model” doesn’t have a staffing plan either.  It’s clear staff doesn’t ecactly know their role and are being pulled from place to place.

other than that—it’s stunning 

Does the Royal Suite have a powder room?  It does on the S class ships.  We really like two bathrooms!  

On 3/26/2019 at 1:24 PM, cruise47 said:

I can see a glass table near the sliding door in the bottom  photo.

But not in the top photo.

We were on the Edge and the lack of a "real" table to dine on the balcony was a poor choice.  We were in a sky suite and no table inside suite either- just a small plastic end table.  Perhaps they are trying to discontinue room service.  The table was replaced by a huge silly rocking chair  on the Edge.

While the cabins look sleek and new-functionality is very (more)  important.

• Like 1

As for loungers on the verandas.  I truly believe if someone asks for them they will stay put.  We had an aft SS1 on Edge and I was ecstatic that we had loungers on our veranda.  Butler told us it was because someone had requested them several cruises ago.  Easier to leave them in place than to keep dragging them in and out based on requests.  I have seen Edge suggestions that if butler will not do it talk to the Hotel Manager and it will get taken care of for sure. OOOOOO 157 days left 
image.jpeg.2f4e02866618fa6d46d2df5ff63b718c.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We like 6145 or 6146 Sky 1 cabins next to penthouse.  They have a spectacular bathroom.  Has they been redone?  Any pictures?  Still a full tub and full shower?

Thanks

I've been wondering the exact same thing.  It's my favorite S1.  I'm on the April 13th sailing in 6146 and hope there will still be double sinks and a separate shower in that awesome bathroom.  It's the reason I always try to book it.

On another note, does anyone know if smoking is allowed anywhere in the Retreat Sun Deck?  I thought I saw ash trays on the tables in a picture that was posted.  I don't want to start a debate, I'm just curious.... (and I'm not a smoker).

19 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

We'll be sailing in 6146 on Saturday.  Still a full tub and shower.  The shower is a little different and not as big.  There are pictures on one of the first few Millennium sailing reviews after dry dock or the Millennium revolution thread.  There is no coffee table.  The tv is no longer in the corner to see from all angles.  It's over a credenza against the wall so only can be viewed from the bed unless there's a swing bracket???  The blind has been replaced by a curtain that when pushed to the side, covers half the door.  I will be bringing a hook to drape the curtain over or else there will be very little light in the cabin from what I can see.

The balcony furniture is the biggest disgrace if you ask me.  No loungers and a just a bench in it's place.  I will be requesting some.  If two don't fit with the bench, then it will have to go.  Maybe the butler can donate it to the Penthouse for the week.  Also the table out there looks cafeteria style and the chairs look classroom style :classic_angry:

I should have read further back before I posted.  Since you have this cabin before me, I'm glad you'll be asking for loungers and I hope they comply and leave them because I will want them also!  I will have to review the Millennium thread again for pictures.  Maybe I saw it already, but I don't remember....that's a long thread!  

16 hours ago, rosskeys88 said:

For the Hoppen doubters...it’s much more elegant in person.  So far, the redesign is great, and exceeds expectations.  

That said, old problems die hard; we have had plumbers in our room for 3 hours.  A bad smell became yellow/green water in all sinks/tub/shower/balcony tub. 

The “retreat model” doesn’t have a staffing plan either.  It’s clear staff doesn’t ecactly know their role and are being pulled from place to place.

other than that—it’s stunning 

I have experienced Hoppen decor on EDGE...non suite AQ class IV.

..I have no doubts..her choices  for the cabin were  basic IKEA or K Mart...very cold...nothing plush or luxurious.  Had the awful chipped coral and non water vase removed asap and worked around the pillow overload.

Other areas of the ship were stunning..loved the guest rel lobby!

Taste  in decor is subjective. Glad it works for some..Hope plumbing issues are isolated.  Parts of EDGE  are stinky!

Mmeg   Enjoyed the video...

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Does the Summit have Le Petite Chef? Got an email from Celebrity about dining options for my May 12 cruise and they make it sound like Summit does offer it.

Laura

Qsine is still Qsine. I think Celebrity made the right choice. LPC sounds like a one and done deal for.most people. 

11 minutes ago, bayonnejoe said:

Qsine is still Qsine. I think Celebrity made the right choice. LPC sounds like a one and done deal for.most people. 

I saw an interview with Captain Kate and she mentioned that Le Petite Chef is replacing Silk Harvest on Equinox, not Qsine. 

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

I have experienced Hoppen decor on EDGE...non suite AQ class IV.

I thought hoppen was only responsible for the suites, retreat and public areas and another firm did the other cabins

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alushar said:

I thought hoppen was only responsible for the suites, retreat and public areas and another firm did the other cabins

No...our cabin was Hoppen....too many pillows, bland decor, odd closet..no top shelf,  the tom tom, faux coral (chipped)  and  ugly vase  that says "Hoppen..do not add water"... Bathroom was  lovely and very functional..other than insufficient shelf guards and  hideous art from the EDGE collection

There are definitely  diff design and decor styles on EDGE....There is a post on  the X website that says who did what Maybe Vt cruiser can  chime in..she is the EDGE whiz.  

6 minutes ago, 39august said:

I saw a reference to ABT. Is this American Ballet Theater? I know a partnership was announced about a month ago. If this is so, will that be the first performance in the fleet?

Would also love to hear more...very exciting!

1 hour ago, bayonnejoe said:

We are at Summit Qsine and waiters told us it’s changing around August to LPC.

2102522C-6AA2-4777-B3C3-B238DA8CF78A.jpeg

7 minutes ago, rosskeys88 said:

We are at Summit Qsine and waiters told us it’s changing around August to LPC.

2102522C-6AA2-4777-B3C3-B238DA8CF78A.jpeg

Thanks for that update. I have reservations for Qsine on our February 2020 cruise. I just went to my cruise planner and it's still showing the OLD Qsine, including the menu. I hope as more people go on Summit - particularly after August based on your waiter's comment - they will report back. I'll be happy with either version, but would like to know.

Edited by printingchick

16 hours ago, mmeg29 said:

Thanks - just FYI for others following this thread, this is same footage from the B roll clips I posted previously. Nothing wrong with this video, just trying to save people time who've already seen the B roll footage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

No...our cabin was Hoppen....too many pillows, bland decor, odd closet..no top shelf,  the tom tom, faux coral (chipped)  and  ugly vase  that says "Hoppen..do not add water"... Bathroom was  lovely and very functional..other than insufficient shelf guards and  hideous art from the EDGE collection

There are definitely  diff design and decor styles on EDGE....There is a post on  the X website that says who did what Maybe Vt cruiser can  chime in..she is the EDGE whiz.  

Question is  answered in the recent Cruise Critic Article about " Summit Revolution:

Link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/3903/

. I  question calling Hoppen acclaimed but maybe for some she is????

Excerpt from Article....

"Acclaimed interior designer Kelly Hoppen -- the brains behind the staterooms on Celebrity Edge -- also developed the look on Celebrity Summit. All accommodations feature a contemporary design, with standard cabins dolled up in light neutral and blush color scheme and suites sporting their own pops of color. This design will be unique to the line's Millennium-class ships, all of which will undergo Celebrity Revolution refurbs; standard cabins on Solstice-class ships will be done up in a neutral and blue color scheme. Cabins also boast new finishings such as faux marble walls and soft-close cabinetry with under-lighting effects. "

Edited by hcat