Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, rosskeys88 said:

We went last night.  It’s two 10 minute performances with a half hour violinist in between.  Excellent performance. 

9C916C00-A81A-4009-998C-68A48682483F.jpeg

Thank you for posting this...sounds fabulous! Hope they add more cruises to the list...ours is not on it,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rosskeys88 said:

We are at Summit Qsine and waiters told us it’s changing around August to LPC.

2102522C-6AA2-4777-B3C3-B238DA8CF78A.jpeg

We do not sail on Summit again until October. Somewhat personally disappointing, if accurate. DW, friends, and myself have enjoyed Qsine many times. 

Edited by bayonnejoe

6 minutes ago, bayonnejoe said:

We do not sail on Summit again until October. Somewhat personally disappointing, if accurate. DW, friends, and myself have enjoyed Qsine many times. 

Disapponted as well.. We were looking forward to Q sine...No  interest in LPC. 

Maybe they will make it a combined Bistro by day and LPC at night...like on  EDGE.

What else is available...Tuscan?

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Maybe they will make it a combined Bistro by day and LPC at night...like on  EDGE.

Tuscan Grille and Sushi on 5. They are still taking reservations for Qsine for our sailings. Hope springs eternal.

49 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thank you for posting this...sounds fabulous! Hope they add more cruises to the list...ours is not on it,

OP: Thank you as well!   As best I can tell from Celebrity's web site, ABT *will* be on our Sept. 8, 2019 cruise on the Summit.  Really looking forward to it!

47 minutes ago, hcat said:

We're going to be on the Summit in November so I'm grateful for all the information here.  Last November on Equinox was our first Celebrity cruise and we loved it, especially Murano for dining.  I'm very sad that they've gotten rid of Murano since I have heard such mixed reviews on Tuscan and LPC is of no interest to me, though QSine might be.  There was just nothing like the experience we had in Murano.

6 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

We're going to be on the Summit in November so I'm grateful for all the information here.  Last November on Equinox was our first Celebrity cruise and we loved it, especially Murano for dining.  I'm very sad that they've gotten rid of Murano since I have heard such mixed reviews on Tuscan and LPC is of no interest to me, though QSine might be.  There was just nothing like the experience we had in Murano.

FYI.   The M-Class ships have never had Murano on any of the 4 ships.   In the original days they had a similar Specialty Restaurant with names like Olympic, Ocean Liner, Normandy  and SS United States but these were replaced about 3 years ago.    If you wish to enjoy Murano you will have to sail on an S-Class ship again.

I really miss the French Style restaurants.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

FYI.   The M-Class ships have never had Murano on any of the 4 ships.   In the original days they had a similar Specialty Restaurant with names like Olympic, Ocean Liner, Normandy  and SS United States but these were replaced about 3 years ago.    If you wish to enjoy Murano you will have to sail on an S-Class ship again.

Oh!  Well, I stand corrected.  I assume we'll sail on an S-Class again so I'll just have to wait until we do to visit Murano again.  We might just save our money and not bother with specialty dining then.  We thoroughly enjoyed the MDR on the Equinox, heck we loved everything on the Equinox!  But we're going back to RCCL for a big family cruise next summer because my children and their friends (early 20s, late teens) love all of the activities: flow rider, rock wall, bars, disco, etc.  And it's just hard to compete with all the "stuff" when you have a large group of folks to keep entertained.

Thanks so much for replying!  I do appreciate everyone on this site!  You're all so helpful!

Did they redo the menu offerings in the MDR?  As an elite plus, I find the menus boring.  I hope that there are enough room in public venues to accommodate the increase in cabins. Not surprised that the library is gone. On most recent cruises, there were no books in the library. If you were lucky, you might get a book that somebody left. Now without a library, you need to bring your own material.  

30 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Did they redo the menu offerings in the MDR?  As an elite plus, I find the menus boring.  I hope that there are enough room in public venues to accommodate the increase in cabins. Not surprised that the library is gone. On most recent cruises, there were no books in the library. If you were lucky, you might get a book that somebody left. Now without a library, you need to bring your own material.  

I would not expect the increase in cabins to affect the public venues as the total  passenger load remained the same as prior to the revolution.   I may be wrong but I never noticed a lot of people using the library. 

I think there have been a couple tweaks to the MDR menu but not an overhaul.   Some on other threads have been complaining that they substituted the Tournedos of Beef with Steak Dianne and eliminated the Creme Brulee. 

Depends on what you mean by "using the library".   We book suite by the library and often see passengers enjoying the chairs there while reading a book.  On our last cruise by the time we went to check out the library the shelves were practically empty. 2 or 3 days before the end of the cruise they were full so it seems that a lot of guests enjoyed the book offerings. My DH, who has very, very specific tastes in reading material always managed to find something to occupy his time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Depends on what you mean by "using the library".   We book suite by the library and often see passengers enjoying the chairs there while reading a book.  On our last cruise by the time we went to check out the library the shelves were practically empty. 2 or 3 days before the end of the cruise they were full so it seems that a lot of guests enjoyed the book offerings. My DH, who has very, very specific tastes in reading material always managed to find something to occupy his time.

I agree that many enjoy picking up books and reading them.   I was however speaking of the physical space usage in my response to possibility of crowding of the ship due to the addition of the new cabins.   Hopefully they will create a book exchange area like then did on Edge.

They have added cabins in many locations since the ship was new. On deck 3 they added cabins on the starboard side midship. Now there are also more deck 3 cabins on the port side near the midship elevators. Deck 11 aft added aqua cabins. Now there are new aqua cabins on deck 19 forward.  Replace the library, I lounge and acupuncture with new inside cabins.  That totals to several more people on the ship. The public venues have not increased.  Expect more people looking for chaises, dining tables, etc.  I liked the library. I always checked out the library as soon as I checked in. Celebrity used to have a great selection of the latest best sellers. Now they have nothing.  My favorite activity on a ship is being able to curl up on deck with a good book. No phones, no interruptions, nice breeze, and a good read is ideal. With all the book clubs, reading books is on the rise. 

• Like 1

My best Celebrity library story...a few years ago, I needed another book to read...went to the library, found a really interesting sounding one but UH-OH it was from a High School in Florida...obviously some teen brought in on the cruise to read, DUE while we were on the cruise, they forgot or misplaced it, so I took it, read it, (it was really good), then mailed it back to the high school asking them not to ding the teen for late fees/whatever since I had really enjoyed it.  Never enclosed my return address because I didn't want to draw attention so never knew what happened...but the point is, that could never happen now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bayonnejoe said:

Qsine is still Qsine. I think Celebrity made the right choice. LPC sounds like a one and done deal for.most people. 

We were so disappointed that Qsine was completely replaced by Le Petite Chef on Infinity.   None and done for us.   I'm at dinner to enjoy the food and company, not to watch a video between courses.  And the menu is essentially fixed.  I've never seen such a small menu.   If Summit still has Qsine, I will be thrilled! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The names were different, but they were still Murano. 

Best meal of my life was in Ocean Liners on the Connie.  So sad that they're gone on M class. 

• Like 1

I am new to Celebrity usually cruising on NCL in the Haven (Deluxe owners suites, Owners suites and 2 bedroom villas). I have been on both the larger NCL ships i.e. Escape that have dedicated restaurants and lounges and the smaller ships i.e. Gem that have a dedicated pool area and sun deck but no bar or restaurant.  I booked the PH suite 6147 and the SS1 6145 for my family for April 2020 based on the itinerary. So i have a few questions....how do the X suites compare to the Haven suites? Does anyone know where the connecting door is located in the PH? Butlers pantry, Living room?  My daughter, her husband and my grandson will be staying in the SS and we will be staying in the PH with our two sons. We plan on keeping the door between the suite open so they can come and go as they please and use the deck, butlers pantry as needed/wanted. Also, is the new sectional a pull out bed and if so, double or queen? My 19 and 15 year old sons will be sharing. Thanks for all the posts and information.

45 minutes ago, D C said:

Best meal of my life was in Ocean Liners on the Connie.  So sad that they're gone on M class. 

We really enjoyed SS United States on the Infinity.  Food and service were excellent, and we thought the decor was much nicer and more interesting than in Murano.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hcat said:

1702195038_ScreenShot2019-03-18at12_12_37PM.thumb.png.9a763e97622d23a4086711233893bc78.png

Based on this I would not expect to see anything other then the transition from QSINE to LPC. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

I am new to Celebrity usually cruising on NCL in the Haven (Deluxe owners suites, Owners suites and 2 bedroom villas). I have been on both the larger NCL ships i.e. Escape that have dedicated restaurants and lounges and the smaller ships i.e. Gem that have a dedicated pool area and sun deck but no bar or restaurant.  I booked the PH suite 6147 and the SS1 6145 for my family for April 2020 based on the itinerary. So i have a few questions....how do the X suites compare to the Haven suites? Does anyone know where the connecting door is located in the PH? Butlers pantry, Living room?  My daughter, her husband and my grandson will be staying in the SS and we will be staying in the PH with our two sons. We plan on keeping the door between the suite open so they can come and go as they please and use the deck, butlers pantry as needed/wanted. Also, is the new sectional a pull out bed and if so, double or queen? My 19 and 15 year old sons will be sharing. Thanks for all the posts and information.

The cabins connect via a door in the penthouse living room.  It might also be possible to remove a balcony partition, so that the balconies connect. The new sectional is a pullout, not sure the size, and there’s plenty of room for a rollaway bed, which probably would make sense for one son.  Welcome to Celebrity, hope you love it. 

35 minutes ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

Caliente Cruiser

• Cool Cruiser
  • Caliente Cruiser
  • October 11, 2013
  • 1 post

Holy Lurker!

6 years to make his 1st post?!!?!!!!