Elite / Elite + Cocktail hour

crewzerguy

55 minutes ago, crewzerguy said:

Hi All, just wondering if Celebrity are still handing out the food stamps for happy hour? is it still limited to 3 drinks per night? 

No food stamps, no coupons.  Unlimited drinks from 5-7pm everywhere except the World Class Bar & Martini Bar.  Not sure if you can or cannot get a drink during those times in the MDR.

28 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

No food stamps, no coupons.  Unlimited drinks from 5-7pm everywhere except the World Class Bar & Martini Bar.  Not sure if you can or cannot get a drink during those times in the MDR.

Do you still have to choose from the Elite drinks menu in the bars?  Last time we sailed it was limited to 3 drinks and only those listed. 

Yes, it is limited to the menu of drinks available at the elite cocktail hour. If you go to any bar on the ship, except world class Bar, you may order any of the drinks that are on that menu between 5 and 7 PM

There was a short time where they also allowed you to order those drinks in the dining room. But it does seem like they are becoming more consistent in this from ship to ship. You may no longer order those drinks in the dining room. Just stop at a nearby bar and take your drink in with you.

58 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes, it is limited to the menu of drinks available at the elite cocktail hour. If you go to any bar on the ship, except world class Bar, you may order any of the drinks that are on that menu between 5 and 7 PM

There was a short time where they also allowed you to order those drinks in the dining room. But it does seem like they are becoming more consistent in this from ship to ship. You may no longer order those drinks in the dining room. Just stop at a nearby bar and take your drink in with you.

it was allowed in the MDR when we had 1600 elite and up sailing . They figured there were too many to serve so extended the hours as well as location. It wasn't just a random trial. It was a one cruise this

18 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

It is only the drinks on the Captain's Club Happy Hour menu.  But the change is that it is unlimited drinks during the hours at any bar other than the World Class Bar or MDR.

Thanks for posting

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

It is only the drinks on the Captain's Club Happy Hour menu.  But the change is that it is unlimited drinks during the hours at any bar other than the World Class Bar or MDR.

Just to be 100% accurate, you cannot get the Captain Club drinks in the Specialty Restaurants as well.

Ok, well that sounds a change for the better, I was getting annoyed at being handed out 3 coupons and that was it, even in the sky lounge where they hosted the nightly event. 

To be able to select from the menu at all the qualifying bars is a great improvement and just hope its consistent across the fleet. Cheers all

• Thanks 1

We like to attend the elite event some evenings in the sky lounge on the E Class ships even though we always have the full premium drinks package.

Its a lovely social event in a great space

We find that we have a chance to meet people who we otherwise perhaps wouldn't see any other time.

I am so pleased it continues and has an improved policy. 

We did find this time it was a little rushed on the timing - we always eat late dining and the elite time was 5 - 7 pm so we were only in the lounge for just under 30 minutes. I think it need extending to 7.30pm - imho 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, The Mommy said:

We like to attend the elite event some evenings in the sky lounge on the E Class ships even though we always have the full premium drinks package.

Its a lovely social event in a great space

I didn’t think there was a Sky Lounge on E Class (Edge) ships?

1 hour ago, The Mommy said:

We did find this time it was a little rushed on the timing - we always eat late dining and the elite time was 5 - 7 pm so we were only in the lounge for just under 30 minutes. I think it need extending to 7.30pm - imho 😁

A few years ago the time was 4-6!!! 😕  You should have read the outrage 😤 on this site when it was amended to 5-7!! 🤦‍♀️; primarily from those who like to eat at 6pm!!.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

A few years ago the time was 4-6!!! 😕  You should have read the outrage 😤 on this site when it was amended to 5-7!! 🤦‍♀️; primarily from those who like to eat at 6pm!!.

Oh my word😧  Why am I not surprised 😳 

The lack of a sky lounge on the edge is a huge disappointment. Even if they are going to modify the sky lounge on the S class ships there will still be somewhere with a forward facing view. 

There are over 1000 elite and above on this cruise on eclipse. The sky lounge was really happening last night. Plenty of servers, plenty of hors d’oeuvres it was a bustling and happy place.

• Like 1

On Edge in January, on several evenings the Captain’s Club hostess was in Eden since it was the theoretically designated Elite happy hour lounge (but the free drinks were available at most the ship’s bars, as noted above).  

Eden was open to all passengers, and there was no designated space for a gathering. So the elite cocktail party social event of the past did not actually exist. 

edit: I agree with Cruisestitch post above - the lack of a Sky Lounge on Edge is disappointing, and Eden’s layout is not really suited to large or private gatherings. The Captain’s Club party was there, and it did not work well.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

18 minutes ago, The Mommy said:

So sorry - silly typo 😐 Of course I meant S Class - I must have had The Edge on my mind 🤔

Well things are changing so quickly on Edge that anything is possible :classic_biggrin:: rockers are there then they have gone; cafes/restaurants are there one week and gone the next; butlers are lost in Eden or MIA 🤣; introducing Escape Rooms, oops I mean impenetrable public restrooms....so reinstating a Sky Lounge is probably quite believable 😆.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:14 AM, Wine-O said:

Mike...is this true on the T/A's as well? LuAnn