Do Not Know what to do

travellerby10

We have done  several trips to a least 10  south Caribbean islands for extented weeks at a time) islands and European countries ... but only 3 cruises. ( Celebrity/ RCL)

We have booked NCL for a 10 night cruise  for Greece and Italy/Malta as I always wanted to see Greece.

Been to Italy for 3 weeks and also Spain for 2 days .

OK -- Here is my issue

I would also love  to see Portugal and I know that this is our LAST trip to Europe due to my husbands health

Should we do Portugal/Spain   or Greece/Italy cruise

I understand that this is a personal issue but.. would you rather see Portugal or Greece ???as your last vaca to Europe ???

Thanks for your imput !! truly

Have you though about doing both? You could add a few days in Portugal either at the start or end of your cruise. You just need to be a little creative in your flight selections. Perhaps make your flights to England, then you could pick up relatively inexpensive flights to the port of departure and to Portugal. If you are working with a travel agent they should have no trouble making this happen for you. Just about anywhere in the Med is beautiful and whatever you decide I am sure you will have a fabulous time.

Rochelle

• Like 2

Both are great options. Portugal and Spain are beautiful. With Portugal, especially the Azores and Madeira for beautiful mountains and valleys. Lisbon, more historic. With Spain you can do the Med, like Palma, Barcelona, Seville or the northern coast like Vigo and A Coruna.

All that said, I have heard amazing things about Greece, so I want to go there, too !! You won't go wrong with either.

• Like 1

Here is my 2cents having been to both. Greece is beautiful for architecture/ ruins and Portugal is great for everything else. Santorini and Mykonos are my two favorite Greek destinations. Portugal has fantastic cliffs and people are so friendly. I don’t know if it matters to you, but English was spoken more often in Portugal (my opinion). I don’t know of any itineraries that do all of it, but Windstar has some incredible itineraries for spring and summer. You may want to take a peak. We love Windstar but we will be on NCL for Baltic cruise this summer. 

At least this is a good problem to have. I love seeing as much of the world as possible!

11 hours ago, travellerby10 said:

We have done  several trips to a least 10  south Caribbean islands for extented weeks at a time) islands and European countries ... but only 3 cruises. ( Celebrity/ RCL)

We have booked NCL for a 10 night cruise  for Greece and Italy/Malta as I always wanted to see Greece.

Been to Italy for 3 weeks and also Spain for 2 days .

OK -- Here is my issue

I would also love  to see Portugal and I know that this is our LAST trip to Europe due to my husbands health

Should we do Portugal/Spain   or Greece/Italy cruise

I understand that this is a personal issue but.. would you rather see Portugal or Greece ???as your last vaca to Europe ???

Thanks for your imput !! truly

know what you mean about last trip to Europe or sometimes last trip period. It is hitting us pretty soon as well: Europe is certainly in our past. I guess, if I had to make he choice you are making I would probably do Greece. I just think of Greece as being a little different from most of Europe. Either would be a cruise to remember ... Good luck and happy travel. 

Another vote for Greece.

Though honestly, if this is going to be the last trip, find a way to extend the trip and do both. You're already on that side of the world, so might as well.

Also, if it's the last trip, splurge. We can't take it with us....

Edited by leongcpa
  • Like 1

What would be your husband's preference?  If it were mine, I'd choose Portugal and Spain.  

We have done land trips to the Azores, Madrid, Mallorca, Funchal, Madeira, and Lisbon.  Every one of these places was lovely, with fascinating historical sites.