Ultimate Dining Package To Be Replaced

2 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I usually do specialty dining every night so this is right up my alley.  Why:  being a male couple, the looks from fellow passengers is still disturbing and it's just not worth the aggravation. You would think in this day and age, it wouldn't happen, but it does.   You get better service and the food is of higher quality.  On top of that, we're now saving $$$$$.  Win win for us!

Huh? We have never experienced "looks," that I am aware of or care about. If there are "looks" in MDR, why wouldn't there be "looks" in specialty?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I usually do specialty dining every night so this is right up my alley.  Why:  being a male couple, the looks from fellow passengers is still disturbing and it's just not worth the aggravation. You would think in this day and age, it wouldn't happen, but it does.   You get better service and the food is of higher quality.  On top of that, we're now saving $$$$$.  Win win for us!

Odd that you only get strange looks in the MDR, but no where else on the ship? 

10 hours ago, zoepipes said:

I apologize if this was posted multiple times. . .can you delete your posts?

You cannot delete posts, but you can edit (just write "deleted") within about 20 minutes of your post.

8 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

So I assume then that lunch is included everyday if they have specialty dining options open. I didn't see any exclusion as there is currently with the UDP that states lunch on sea days.

You are correct that it does not state only for sea days however not all restaurants are not open for lunch on port days.  Playmakers and zjohnny Rockets open later while Chops  and Jamies do not open at all. 

On 4/11/2019 at 6:17 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

On the old package it listed Hibachi as specifically being excluded.  With this new package it only lists Chefs Table and Culinary experiences/activities which now in hindsight I would not be surprised to see Royal claim Hibachi is a culinary experience.  

Cruise planner for upcoming cruise now lists the Unlimited Dining Package.....but also the only Izumi that can now be booked separately in the planner is ....Izumi Hibachi Experience. So most likely still excluded ☹️

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jani said:

Cruise planner for upcoming cruise now lists the Unlimited Dining Package.....but also the only Izumi that can now be booked separately in the planner is ....Izumi Hibachi Experience. So most likely still excluded ☹️

And lunches are just on sea days

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are correct that it does not state only for sea days however not all restaurants are not open for lunch on port days.  Playmakers and zjohnny Rockets open later while Chops  and Jamies do not open at all. 

Incorrect.  My upcoming ultimate dining package was updated to unlimited dining, the overview clearly states sea day lunched.  And with the new $35 a la carte credit, this is a big upgrade actually over the ultimate dining package.  Saved me $35.  Here is the actual overview from the cruise planner:

Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package! For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, this unlimited package also applies to lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants.

A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit.*

One thing I don't see anymore is embarkation lunch at Chops.  Is that because of the new Key program conflicting?  I'm a little disappointed if they changed the product I already purchased and removed embarkation lunch.

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

One thing I don't see anymore is embarkation lunch at Chops.  Is that because of the new Key program conflicting?  I'm a little disappointed if they changed the product I already purchased and removed embarkation lunch.

I don't believe it ever included embarkation lunch, but most people had it honored if they asked.  With the Key program though, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of more denials for that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BNBR said:

It was never on there

13 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Incorrect.  My upcoming ultimate dining package was updated to unlimited dining, the overview clearly states sea day lunched.  And with the new $35 a la carte credit, this is a big upgrade actually over the ultimate dining package.  Saved me $35.  Here is the actual overview from the cruise planner:

Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package! For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, this unlimited package also applies to lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants.

A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit.*

What I posted was correct based on the promotional PDF that Royal distributed as the new package was not yet available on the cruise planner. 

In typical Royal fashion they have now different terms and conditions based on where you are looking at the information. 

Thanks though for the update. 

So basically, we need the following answered because it is ambiguous:

• Are most people still getting embarkation day lunches even though it is technically excluded?
  • Is Izumi Hibachi included now?
  • Are places like the Playmakers included in the new plan?

I'm really hoping Playmakers is included, but I doubt it.  Very little in the wording between the two plans appears to have changed, and I could see a lot of people eating there during the day if it were.  My gut tells me this change was RCI simply betting that most people won't want to eat at multiple restaurants in a night but then they can charge more for the "benefit" of it.  I guess we'll see . . .

Edited by firefox247

19 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

So basically, we need the following answered because it is ambiguous:

• Are most people still getting embarkation day lunches even though it is technically excluded?
  • Is Izumi Hibachi included now?
  • Are places like the Playmakers included in the new plan?

I'm really hoping Playmakers is included, but I doubt it.  Very little in the wording between the two plans appears to have changed, and I could see a lot of people eating there during the day if it were.  My gut tells me this change was RCI simply betting that most people won't want to eat at multiple restaurants in a night but then they can charge more for the "benefit" of it.  I guess we'll see . . .

To me, the wording on the cruise planner makes it clear Playmarkers is included as part of the $35 a la carte benefit.

As for charging more for the benefit, that's yet to be seen.  The new benefit is the same price as it used to be on my cruise planner and I'm receiving a $35 a la carte benefit, which effectively reduces the price.  It works out better.  However, if Chops embarkation is not included, that changes the pricing a little bit but not much.  At $20 for Chops lunch, I'm still $15 up vs the previous package.

As for Izumi, the terms don't explicitly exclude it but do mention Chef's table by name.

Here are the terms on the cruise planner:

Prices are per person for the full sailing. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation will be automatically created for the first night of the sailing. All other reservations must be made onboard and are subject to availability. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit. Beverages not included. For Dining Packages, It is not required that children 12 and under purchase this product. Children ages 0-5 dine for free and children ages 6-12 will be charged a $10 cover at the restaurant. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for Chef's Table, or Culinary Experiences/Activities. Purchase of dining packages provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100 while dining in Specialty Restaurants. Wine discount valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Unlimited Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires on the final night of the cruise. VAT will be added to the price where applicable.  Terms of Dining Packages apply.

Edited by BNBR

1 hour ago, firefox247 said:

I don't believe it ever included embarkation lunch, but most people had it honored if they asked.  With the Key program though, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of more denials for that.

You have me questioning myself now, but I am almost certain it had embarkation lunch at Chops on the cruise planner.  Too bad cruise planner is updated now so I can't compare.  Maybe it was for Oasis class only?  Not sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BNBR said:

You have me questioning myself now, but I am almost certain it had embarkation lunch at Chops on the cruise planner.  Too bad cruise planner is updated now so I can't compare.  Maybe it was for Oasis class only?  Not sure.

Nah, it was never in there, at least for the UDP.  Here is the section of the old T&C for the package that they changed.  The dark sections are what was modified:image.thumb.png.661172adf439045281e38825eb2a22e9.png

Here is the updated section.  Again, dark sections were modified:

image.thumb.png.15daaf420b2b4c76002e15a6b56d5494.png

Edited by firefox247

17 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

So I assume then that lunch is included everyday if they have specialty dining options open. I didn't see any exclusion as there is currently with the UDP that states lunch on sea days.

In my planner, it specifically called out just lunches on sea days.

12 minutes ago, BNBR said:

To me, the wording on the cruise planner makes it clear Playmarkers is included as part of the $35 a la carte benefit.

As for charging more for the benefit, that's yet to be seen.  The new benefit is the same price as it used to be on my cruise planner and I'm receiving a $35 a la carte benefit, which effectively reduces the price.  It works out better.  However, if Chops embarkation is not included, that changes the pricing a little bit but not much.  At $20 for Chops lunch, I'm still $15 up vs the previous package.

I'll be interested to hear on Playmakers.  My understanding is that RCI does not consider Playmakers to be specialty dining, so it is not included in any package.  Does this change that?  My guess is no, but I'm hoping it is now included.

There has always been a $35 a la carte benefit with the Ultimate Dining Package, so this isn't new.  So how does it "effectively reduce the price?"

As others have said, Chops embarkation lunch has never officially been included.  In typical RCI fashion, guests have had mixed success in getting lunch on embarkation day at specialty restaurants with the UDP as part of the sea day lunch benefit.  I've read of guests being told yes and guests being told no.  Seems to vary by ship and who is working.

• Thanks 1

The terms also say lunch when available which contradicts only sea days as lunch is available on embarkation. Also, on Harmony for example, Johnny Rockets and Sabor both appear to open around the 2:00-3:00 time frame on port days so I would assume that you could use the package then for a mid afternoon snack. I would agree based on the wording that Hibachi is now included which is an upgrade over the prior package for those who like hibachi. The pricing did not change at all for my sailings.