COCO CAY - still a work in progress

Most of the island is supposed to be completed by May. Some, like the over water cabanas, I have heard December. The pier is already functioning, and the Oasis Lagoon pool is already open.

Edited by Mikew0805

Nah

We're supposed to go in late October/early November.

My money is on a hurricane coming through and destroying the place this summer. (with no personal injuries)

Note to self: Work on optimism 😉

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

Just got back from Anthem today. We got off directly onto thei pier. The pool, beach, and dining areas were open. The slides were not open yet, but look promising to be open soon. The signs all say opening in May 2019.

On 4/12/2019 at 8:38 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Everything except the South Beach area & CocoCay Beach Club cabanas is scheduled to open next month.

South Beach, and further down the island are where I like to hang out. This is disappointing for my June & Sept stops there. I may have to resort to staying in the Oasis Lagoon all day and using the swim up bar. Should only have to leave for bathroom breaks... well maybe.

HAHA J/K 

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 6:32 PM, klfrodo said:

Nah

We're supposed to go in late October/early November.

My money is on a hurricane coming through and destroying the place this summer. (with no personal injuries)

Note to self: Work on optimism 😉

Well the optimistic side of me says... that hurricane could destroy the new amusement park stuff, leave the pier in place, and we will have the old Coco Cay back... with a pier. Glass half full. 😁

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Is the beach to the "left" of the future Coco Beach Club and to the right of the Wacky Seagull bar an extension of what Royal is calling Chill Island?  (There does not appear to be a name for this beach on the map above,)

Last time (a few years ago) this is where we headed to get away from the crowds.  I believe there was some natural shade so we didn't need to rent an umbrella.  Has anyone been recently?  Is there shade?

Thanks!

Brad

8 hours ago, ihopfar said:

Is the beach to the "left" of the future Coco Beach Club and to the right of the Wacky Seagull bar an extension of what Royal is calling Chill Island?  (There does not appear to be a name for this beach on the map above,)

Last time (a few years ago) this is where we headed to get away from the crowds.  I believe there was some natural shade so we didn't need to rent an umbrella.  Has anyone been recently?  Is there shade?

Thanks!

Brad

The Chill Island area is clearly labeled on the map in a dark blue box...

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I will be cruising in March on the Anthem of the seas.   We have been at Coca Cay before the renovations and have used the beach free of charge.     With the new renovation, it looks like it costs money to use most of the activities.   I am checking if we can use the beach and pool at no extra cost.  

I realize this is the FIRST day of May... but really wanting to know what is truly going to be available when we set sail in less than 3 weeks!  We have our beach bed booked and just booked all day passes to the water park.. any updates, real life experiences appreciated!  

On 4/12/2019 at 8:38 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Everything except the South Beach area & CocoCay Beach Club cabanas is scheduled to open next month.

I am really confused about this one.

I am on 8/25/18 HOS and I was able to book a Beach Bed a couple of months ago. The Beach Beds have since been removed as I figured they were all sold out since the Beach Bungalows are still on my planner.

13 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

I am really confused about this one.

I am on 8/25/18 HOS and I was able to book a Beach Bed a couple of months ago. The Beach Beds have since been removed as I figured they were all sold out since the Beach Bungalows are still on my planner.

Perhaps availability has impacted what shows up online?

4 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Perhaps availability has impacted what shows up online?

I was more pointing out the graphic shown was South Beach Opening Dec 2019 but I was able to book it and Beach Bungalows on South Beach are still available.