10% off of shore excursions for the next 31 hours

shof515

From an email i received a few minutes ago:

Tax Day is here and we're celebrating with a 10% discount on all Shore Excursions* for your upcoming cruise. Carnival excursions are the best way to explore your ports of call. Tours sell out fast so don't miss out. Use code TAXS10 at checkout.

*Code must be entered in ALL CAPS as shown above. Coupon applies to new shore excursions booked online (04/14/2019-04/15/2019 11:59pm EST). Promo does not apply to Alaskan or Faster to the Fun excursions. All shore excursions are subject to limited availability. See full offer details below.

• Like 1

I received this email as well. Even had my upcoming cruise in October info at the top. It also states in the fine print that the 10% carnival MasterCard statement works along with this discount. My question is, will they alllow a 10% statement credit at the original excursion price for a total of 20% off an excursion or the price after 10% discount via the email discount code?

1 hour ago, juxsta said:

I received this email as well. Even had my upcoming cruise in October info at the top. It also states in the fine print that the 10% carnival MasterCard statement works along with this discount. My question is, will they alllow a 10% statement credit at the original excursion price for a total of 20% off an excursion or the price after 10% discount via the email discount code?

Two separate 10% discounts do not equate to one 20% discount.  But it's close, depending on the original price

Total cost $1,000; after 1st 10% off, down to $900.  after 2nd 10%off, down to $810.

20% off $1,000 = $200, so final is $800.

Hope you get both discounts!

1 hour ago, HeyNowMama1315 said:

Of course. I literally booked our excursion yesterday 🙄

Since I helped you out the other day, I recommend calling Carnival and express your concerns. If they can ask them to tack the 10% discount after they approve/disapprove your 110% guarantee claim. If they can't rebook it, then submit another claim!

2 hours ago, moondog73 said:

Shore excursions I booked with local operators are still cheaper than the 10% off sale.  Fewer people too!!!!

Many people will pay the higher price for the convenience of booking excursions through Carnival, but mostly for the guarantee that they won't leave if you're not back in time.

2 minutes ago, lab_love123 said:

I was just able to log in to my account, cancel my excursion, and re-book using the promo code! The site moved very slowly, but I got there.

I still can't get to the excursions. Get the "Making more fun, come back later" page.

6 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I can’t get on either. I don’t know why they didn’t stagger sending the email when they’ve gotta know their website stinks and wouldn’t be able to handle the traffic. Why even bother sending the email if you can’t use it?

Because of forums like these. People would be like, "OMG I just got 10% off my excursion!" and then others would be like "Wait, no fair I didn't get any!" Then, Carnival phone agents would be inundated with calls! The only way that would work was if it said: "Exclusive VIFP Bonus" or something along those lines. 

The site doesn't even know what it wants to do. About 4 hours ago, it wouldn't even let me log in. About 3 hours ago, I could get to my Cruise Manager, but couldn't view excursions. It was like that for a few hours. Now I can log in, barely, but can't even get to my Cruise Manager. With their current legal trouble, have they laid off their IT department? 😝

Yeah, mine has a notice saying basically SORRY, will be back at 1:00pm tomorrow.

🙁

I was going on to On to save at Cruise out of Galveston. That's not happening tonight ....

Edited by Markmom18

5 hours ago, Wombservice said:

Me too, can’t log on now - I also noticed that FTTF is already sold out on the Mardi Gras September 24, 2020 cruise to Canada.  I’ve been checking, and now it’s sold out- bummer!!!!

Hi,

I just wanted to offer some hope. I just got off the Dream last Sunday. The FTTF was sold out from me booking it , till less than 1 month out. I checked ALL the time, all the weird hours people suggested too. 🤗

I get it for the Guest Services VIFP/FTTF Line. Period.  As usual, the Dream GS regular line always had the folks.  As usual, a GS Agent finishes with her Regular Line Guest and then pops over to the VIFP/FTTF Line. Leaving those who continue to wait.

It's not right, they SHOULD have enough employees at the Desk.

But, they don't. So, I play their game and pay the extra $. 🤔

🌸🌸. Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

Mine was messing up but I inspected the traffic and found that some requests were erroring because the Cookie header was too long for the server to parse. Clearing my cookies for carnival.com and logging back in ended up working.

1 hour ago, Markmom18 said:

I just wanted to offer some hope. I just got off the Dream last Sunday. The FTTF was sold out from me booking it , till less than 1 month out. I checked ALL the time, all the weird hours people suggested too. 🤗

Thank you, I will keep checking!  In the meantime, right now I can only access my first cruise booking; my second cruise, on the Mardi Gras for September, 2020, still gets the “sorry” message - so frustrating!