FCC Deposit

wrongwaywatson

On our recent cruise, DH and I each purchased our FCCs.  Now, we are looking at our next cruise and see a few that we like.  We want to do Alaska, but we also want to do a Southern Caribbean, if we can get a good price on one that we are able to get the time off for.   We just aren't sure of the dates that will work out yet.   I would hate to use both deposits and then have a really good deal come up.   Could I book one with my deposit and not name the second passenger later, so that we still have a FCC out there?   Minor problem, I know! LOL

Yes....but why? Meaning what is your goal with regard to keeping one FCD in reserve?  Is it for the OBC, the lower deposit, something else?  

You can book yourself with your FCD and your spouse with a standard deposit, being very careful to explain that to the booking agent before anything is done.  However, only you will get the associated OBC.  But it would achieve the goal of keeping one FCD open for a future booking.  

Not sure if you can make a TBD booking on Princess or not (I think not), but someone else will know for sure.

If you book as a single and then add someone later the price will change to the going rate at that time.  You can also easily put in a name change to a double booking prior to final payment, and that will keep the original pricing, but it would be a convoluted way to book without any obvious benefit.

Edited by cherylandtk

Agree with Cherylandtk. No obvious benefit.

For future information we always have 2 or 3 FCD's each on hand just for your kind of issue. Next time on board you may want to think about purchasing more than one each. They are fully refundable if not used. 

• Like 1

I usually bank a few FCD’s in my account, but haven’t been on a cruise since last April and have 3 cruises booked for this year, with the next cruise departing 3 weeks today, so I’m all out of FCDs.

I see from the Pacific Princess/Tahiti thread, that cabins went on sale for late 2020 cruises earlier this week. They seem to be selling rather fast. Has anyone ever booked a cruise, paid a deposit to secure a favorable cabin and then had a FCD appplied to the booking a few weeks later after replenishing the FCD stash?

17 hours ago, polmcs said:

Has anyone ever booked a cruise, paid a deposit to secure a favorable cabin and then had a FCD appplied to the booking a few weeks later after replenishing the FCD stash?

This used to be allowed-retroactively applying an FCD to an existing booking. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible, or rather, you can apply the FCD but you won’t get the OBC that comes with it. 

1 minute ago, cherylandtk said:

This used to be allowed-retroactively applying an FCD to an existing booking. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible, or rather, you can apply the FCD but you won’t get the OBC that comes with it. 

Thank you for the information. Princes wanted $553 for the deposit for the cabin that I wanted as I was all out of FCD. My usual big box retailer only required a $200 deposit and threw in $475 of cabin credits, so I went that route instead.  Now to see if that Nov 2020 itinerary makes it onto the S+S promo in June, though flight availability and costs which won’t be available until Dec this year is of far greater importance, along with the availability of any post cruise packages, before I fully commit to the cruise.

If you live close enough to a embarkation port and are out of FFCs, you can make a day of it and sign up for a BVE.  Once on the ship you can fill out the FFC forms and drop them in the box.  They are usually processed the same day before we get back home.  We've done a couple of times.  Plus you get the $35 cost of the BVE back as a FFC so it's practically a free lunch!  

5 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

This maybe be a figment of my imagination.......

Am sure I read somewhere that you are able to buy FCCs up to a month after returning from your cruise.

Depends how 'recent' your cruise was..and whether I was dreaming.

I had heard that too but thought it was 2 weeks.

You can buy a FCC (if bought after it is a FC Deposit) post cruise. However the OBD for credit is very reduced from what you get if purchasing it onboard.

A Travel Agent will help you.

You cannot apply a FCC to an existing booking. You need to rebook the cruise under the current promotions using the FCC with your deposit being transferred to the new booking. Unfortunately you will lose the original pricing any perks (including EZAir)associated with the original booking. You have to weigh all the costs before doing this. 

59 minutes ago, Barry H said:

You can buy a FCD (if bought after it is a FC Deposit - it is always a FCD) post cruise. However the OBC for credit is very reduced from what you get if purchasing it onboard.  My understanding is you don't get any OBC if you are allowed to purchase post-cruise.

A Travel Agent will help you.

You cannot apply a FCC to an existing booking. You need to rebook the cruise under the current promotions using the FCC with your deposit being transferred to the new booking. Unfortunately you will lose the original pricing any perks (including EZAir) associated with the original booking. You have to weigh all the costs before doing this. 

See above.

Edited by steelers36

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, cherylandtk said:

You can book yourself with your FCD and your spouse with a standard deposit, being very careful to explain that to the booking agent before anything is done.  However, only you will get the associated OBC.

I want to make sure I understand correctly. If I purchase FCC while on a cruise, when I use it to book another cruise I get OBC?

10 minutes ago, SmilesYourWay said:

I want to make sure I understand correctly. If I purchase FCC while on a cruise, when I use it to book another cruise I get OBC?

Yes. Not only does the $100 FCD count as the entire deposit, you also get OBC depending on the type of cabin and length of cruise you book. If you each use your FCD as deposit then you both get the OBC.

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, skynight said:

Agree with Cherylandtk. No obvious benefit.

For future information we always have 2 or 3 FCD's each on hand just for your kind of issue. Next time on board you may want to think about purchasing more than one each. They are fully refundable if not used. 

We Always book 2 per person on Each cruise we do! 

55 minutes ago, SmilesYourWay said:

So FCD is $100 each?  Can you only use one at a time per person or two and double your OBC?

I guess you could use more than one FCD, but you're only going to get the OBC for the first one. The only time I can see when you'd want to use more than one is when you are sure that you're never going to take another Princess cruise in your life. <g>

Tom

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:39 PM, Thrak said:

Yes. Not only does the $100 FCD count as the entire deposit, you also get OBC depending on the type of cabin and length of cruise you book. If you each use your FCD as deposit then you both get the OBC.

It counts as an entire deposit?? Is that if you book through Princess or also with a travel agent?