Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

19 hours ago, topanga49er said:

The Icon 'reveal" was going to be on Oasis in NYC.  Just saw that it left NYC this morning, so next possibility is Sept 18/19?  Makes sense not to do it on 9/11.  Not appropriate...

It won’t be on either of those days. It’s the Queens funeral on the 19th which would be inappropriate, RCL has black logos on social media in respect. 

Also it would be lost in the news on that day as a very very minor footnote. It will be later in the month at the earliest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, scooby1 said:

It won’t be on either of those days. It’s the Queens funeral on the 19th which would be inappropriate, RCL has black logos on social media in respect. 

Also it would be lost in the news on that day as a very very minor footnote. It will be later in the month at the earliest. 

I read the Sept. 25 sailing is supposed to have a travel agent program on board that week. I had also read about the Icon reveal being a media event on board Oasis in September. Could that be when it is (also that’s the last September sailing)?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tough as Leather said:

I am on the lookout for ...

new ride?

zip line?

water slides - A bunch of those on the starboard side of the ship. 😄

dry slide (s)?

rock wall(s) - I've seen a few spots that may be meant for a rock wall.

FlowRider (apparently only one on the ship) - At the aft end of the starboard side of deck 16.

carousel - Halfway down the Boardwalk if memory serves me right. Not in its usual spot on Boardwalk near the entrance. 

vehicle in promenade

100architect playground?

• Like 5

22 hours ago, fsjosh said:

We'd like to do Icon, but are concerned the itineraries are going to be the same old East/West ports. In which case, we may do a different ship

Most likely it will be.  She's set for 7 day sailings and there is only so far she can go and so many ports that can handle that size of ship

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Most likely it will be.  She's set for 7 day sailings and there is only so far she can go and so many ports that can handle that size of ship

Yeah, I'm assuming. Just holding out hope for something different with the new ship. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Maybe the new port in Dom Republic??

Possible. Wonder does have stops there. Symphony also has a stop in Antigua. A Coco cay, cruising, St Maarten, Antigua, DR, cruising, itinerary would be a pretty sure booking for me. 

But if its a coco, st thomas, st maarten itinerary, I'll probably just do the 8 day symphony to curacao. 

On 9/12/2022 at 6:39 PM, Secretlyfi said:

I read the Sept. 25 sailing is supposed to have a travel agent program on board that week. I had also read about the Icon reveal being a media event on board Oasis in September. Could that be when it is (also that’s the last September sailing)?

One can only hope.  Will put on my calendar just in case?

1 hour ago, J_keeble said:

if be disappointed if there is another carousel, oasis class can keep that IMO

I think the carousel is iconic to the boardwalk; would hate for that to go away; but then again I have kids...Would love to see something completely different, like a slide from Adventure Ocean dumping into a ball pit near windjammer...

7 hours ago, topanga49er said:

I think the carousel is iconic to the boardwalk; would hate for that to go away; but then again I have kids...Would love to see something completely different, like a slide from Adventure Ocean dumping into a ball pit near windjammer...

just like the mascot is iconic Quantum class ships.

29 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

There is the AquaTheatre portion of the AquaDome.

Unfortunately we can't see the diving pool in this view. 😑

715359743_aquadometheatre.thumb.jpg.d52503d6fc834c71f836b340972b09a5.jpg

Here is a bad view of a portion of the diving pool.

2053190694_aquadometheatrebitofpool.jpg.502fc89b9a4c0530ebfaf455add984f1.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but is the aqua theater at the front of the ship? Wouldn't that be windier than the back of the ship?

20 hours ago, Fairsky84 said:

Are these Icon's funnels?!

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 1.15.43 PM.png

I'm guessing we're only seeing the very tops of the funnels. But from the shape, I think we can expect the funnels to be much more round or cone-shaped than on Oasis-class. And will the funnels be blue? The same color as the hull? That would be very different for Royal Caribbean. Overall, it's interesting to see how many curves Icon has. The bridge, stern, and even the point of the bow curves downward. It could be a much more elegant design than recent RCI ships. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 9.55.41 AM.png

• Like 3