Canapes

tere247

1 hour ago, paul929207 said:

Or go to the Elite/Platinum/Suite lounge and sample the items there

Providing its open!  On my Royal Princess cruise, there was a sign outside the door to the Lounge that said "closed due to a private party".  Only after I disembarked, did I learn that the "private party" was for Elite, etc. guests.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

I’ve never ordered the canapés but the pictures sure appear similar! Might be easier to go to the buffet to get some cheese, crackers, and fruit. We do this so we can have a little snack & glass of wine while getting ready for dinner or relaxing on the balcony.

Pack a few plastic snack or sandwich type bags and use them to gather whatever snacks you might want and keep them "fresh" until you are ready to enjoy them.  Better than paying $$ for canapes, in my opinion.

I agree with Paul's comments. The Platinum/Elite lounge has a much better choice.  On the formal nights, I used to receive a form to select which canapés I wanted.I usually chose only two kinds and think they delivered 8 canapes  about the size of half dollars. I enjoyed them until a few years ago.  I was embarassed by what was delivered. They were the size of nickels ! I have never ordered them since !

Sali

Personally, when we have been in a suite, we have not eaten the canapes and don't find them very tasty.  We could have ordered them for each evening, but I usually wanted to be hungry for dinner in the dining room...especially club class dining.

• Like 2

The regular ones are disgusting........now my canapés default used to be chocolate covered strawberries or Profiteroles. 

They took the strawberries away and now I am lucky if I get any Profiteroles  at all.

If it is not printed the door tag then I write it in.

• Like 1

We found a big difference between the free vs the canapes you paid for.   Free were dry and stale tasting.   The ones we paid for were actually moist and great tasting.    Don't think I would go out of my way to buy them again as there are so many food choices to pick from  on board.   Try them at least once. 

8 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

I’ve never ordered the canapés but the pictures sure appear similar! Might be easier to go to the buffet to get some cheese, crackers, and fruit. We do this so we can have a little snack & glass of wine while getting ready for dinner or relaxing on the balcony.

Yep. That's what we usually do.  Just wondering

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Pack a few plastic snack or sandwich type bags and use them to gather whatever snacks you might want and keep them "fresh" until you are ready to enjoy them.  Better than paying $$ for canapes, in my opinion.

Yep, I've done that..I also give my DH a zipper bag and send him down to the International Cafe for the better breakfast pastries. 

37 minutes ago, waltd said:

We found a big difference between the free vs the canapes you paid for.   Free were dry and stale tasting.   The ones we paid for were actually moist and great tasting.    Don't think I would go out of my way to buy them again as there are so many food choices to pick from  on board.   Try them at least once. 

That's what I was wondering.  If it's worth trying just once for sailaway.  I ordered the elite tea to the cabin one time.  Oh My......so good, and so much food.  

20 minutes ago, Coral said:

It would be interesting to do a poll and ask who eats the "Elite canapés".

I personally think they are awful. Like Colo Cruiser - they moved all the ones I liked.

Tried them once.  Never again. 

59 minutes ago, tere247 said:

Tried them once.  Never again. 

I meant to say "they removed all the ones I liked".

Yea - I don't think I even tried them. I looked at them long and hard and decided it wasn't worth it. 

Another example of Princess having some good choices but removed the most popular choices. Now - people just throw them away. An Elite benefit no one wants.

4 hours ago, Coral said:

It would be interesting to do a poll and ask who eats the "Elite canapés".

I personally think they are awful. Like Colo Cruiser - they moved all the ones I liked.

I totally agree with you they are AWFUL!!!  

Tony

We were not impressed! We go to the IC or buffet and get a plate of cheese, dried fruits, and nuts if they have them, and enjoy that with our drinks in cabin. Much better than dry little circles of bread!

We ordered the elite canapes but found them to not be appetizing so now one of us goes to the HC or IC to get a few snacks to go with our afternoon wine on the balcony.  Sometimes the PES lounge has decent offerings like shrimp but not always.  

We aren't yet Elite but, if they are anything like the snacks provided with the cheaper wine tasting, I can definitely do without them when we make it to Elite. My wife just says she wants some cookies and I go get them. If we wanted other stuff I'd get it from HC or IC. That way we would get what we want.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:45 AM, tere247 said:

How does the purchased canapes compare to the elite canapes?  I've had the elite ones and not interested in ordering them again.

All of the possible elite canapes are on the larger list of those that can be purchased.

Only a few of those that can be purchased are on the elite order form.