Regent Voyager

CherylFP

I’ve been reading reviews for this ship which seem to be very critical and an overall rating of 3.5 on Cruisecritic. We spent 28 days on the Navigator last year and loved it. We’re looking at booking a cruise on the Voyager in the Mediterranean and would like to hear from anyone who has been on this ship as to what it is really like and if anyone knows how it compares to the Navigator. Many thanks. 

Cheryl

We have done 5 cruises on Voyager and it is my favorite.   I found the Navigator crowded in comparison and I really felt the sea on both voyages we took on her.  The Voyager has some aft vibration but it is not problematic.  I always scratch my head at some reviews.  

We've been on Voyager numerous times (as well as Mariner and Explorer).   Have not been on Navigator, in part because I've been hesitant about the aft vibration and in part because I like having the extra restaurant (s).   We totally love Voyager.   If you have specific questions, I'm sure that the friendly Regent folks on CC will be glad to help.

Voyager was also our favorite ship (until Explorer was launched) and we still enjoy her.  As was said when she was built....... they built Mariner first - figured out what needed to be better and then they built Voyager (not dissimilar to Splendor fixing issues that Explorer has).

Thank you so much for your replies. I won’t hesitate now on booking the cruise on Voyager. I do like the all inclusive option with Regent. We enjoyed the Navigator but at times the vibration wasn’t good. I guess there are many people who will criticise anything. We’ve been on about 20 cruises and enjoyed everyone with P & O Pacific ships around Nee Zealand and Australia being the lowest on our list!!

We have been on the Voyager twice - to Scandinavia and the Baltic and from Rome to Ft Lauderdale.  Both times were in a PH suite which we liked but which is not nearly as spacious as the PH on the Mariner.  The standard suites ARE lovely and I think were we to take a cruise on the Voyager again we might consider one of those though we generally take larger suites.

15 hours ago, CherylFP said:

Thank you so much for your replies. I won’t hesitate now on booking the cruise on Voyager. I do like the all inclusive option with Regent. We enjoyed the Navigator but at times the vibration wasn’t good. I guess there are many people who will criticise anything. We’ve been on about 20 cruises and enjoyed everyone with P & O Pacific ships around Nee Zealand and Australia being the lowest on our list!!

Voyager is at least as nice as Navigator, so no worries.  But there is somewhat of a vibration on Voyager as well, so best to avoid aft suites, at least on the lower decks.  I'm sure others can give advice--we've always done low-down, midship, category G.  Lovely cabins.

1 hour ago, 1982CruzStart said:

i really like voyager. Our last cruise was on Explorer and overall my preference is still for Voyager. We are back on her this fall so will see if i feel the same way after being on her again. Regardless i expect a great cruise. 

I thought the same thing.  Then after taking a break from Explorer to do two Mariner and two Voyager cruises, we found that we missed Pacific Rim, the large gym, specialty restaurants being open for lunch, the amazing buffet in CR on a sea day Sunday, etc.  We returned to Explorer this year and will be back on Explorer later this year.

That encapsulates all answers for the question from people who haven’t tried Regent  about “which ship should we take?”

Each ship has its strong points and drawbacks. You need to try them all and make your own decision!

One other plus for Voyager over the two new ships is the access  outside on deck, fore and aft.  I love to watch the dolphins play in the wake and a "scenic" cruise like Norway or Alaska is not the same on Explorer or Splendor.  I loved Explorer, but, for this reason, Voyager is my favorite.

I love the Voyager as well for their outside areas to better appreciate the ocean. Voyager’s standard suites are superior to the other ships, in my opinion.

Shout out to the Mariner for their outside areas too!

We were in 810 in Jan, and though it is a long way off- we have already booked a cabin for rio to Barcelona in 2021.

I have a question about the suite we booked which I hope someone might be able to help me with. We booked 602, as it is low, and midship, which we think will be good for a trans oceanic cruise. I also thought this would be a good choice as it is right up against a fire wall (the life boats are on the other side), and I am hoping it might shelter you a little from the breeze of the movement of the ship. The agent that I talked to from Regent thought that would be a good strategy(and, yes I had it transferred to a TA that is providing a rebate, and obc). I realize we would give up a bit in the way of it blocking our view somewhat, but I felt that was an acceptable trade off.

I checked Bill's suite guru, but there are no reviews as of yet of that suite or ones close by.

So....does anyone have any comments, or experience with a similar situation, as to whether they think this is a good plan, or if for some reason we should consider changing suites?

Debra

52 minutes ago, vegasdriven said:

We were in 810 in Jan, and though it is a long way off- we have already booked a cabin for rio to Barcelona in 2021.

I have a question about the suite we booked which I hope someone might be able to help me with. We booked 602, as it is low, and midship, which we think will be good for a trans oceanic cruise. I also thought this would be a good choice as it is right up against a fire wall (the life boats are on the other side), and I am hoping it might shelter you a little from the breeze of the movement of the ship. The agent that I talked to from Regent thought that would be a good strategy(and, yes I had it transferred to a TA that is providing a rebate, and obc). I realize we would give up a bit in the way of it blocking our view somewhat, but I felt that was an acceptable trade off.

I checked Bill's suite guru, but there are no reviews as of yet of that suite or ones close by.

So....does anyone have any comments, or experience with a similar situation, as to whether they think this is a good plan, or if for some reason we should consider changing suites?

Debra

Are you sure you're booking on Voyager? The lowest cabin number on the deck 6  plan online is 641. I wouldn't expect there to be a cabin 602 midship rather than forward on any ship.

5 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

Debra

Debra,

I think you’ve picked an excellent area of the ship.  We’ve been in 645 and 649 with 647 booked on our cruise in November.  I’m not crazy about the location of 642.  I just checked and of the available suites in the same area, dependent upon the side of the ship you want, I would select 646, 651, and 653 or 654 in that order.  Hope this helps.

Dave

37 minutes ago, vegasdriven said:

Dave, can you give me an idea of what you don't like about 642- is it because of that wall that extends out further on the one side of the balcony?

Debra,

Since I’ve never been in that suite I am just speculating but I wouldn’t like to be that close to one of the tenders.  There might be noise issues when the tender is being used or when maintenace or repairs on the tender are being performed. Also the view from 642’s balcony will probably be impacted a little more than the view from a balcony a little further aft.

Dave