ISLAND PRINCESS SAILINGS FOR NOV AND DEC 2020 CANCELLED

tothemall&beyond

Just discovered that all of the Island Princess sailings for Nov 2020 and the Dec 4, 2020 TA have been cancelled. Your booking may still show on your Cruise Personalizer (ours still does), but if you search "plan a cruise" or look in your "saved cruises", the sailings won't be there. I found out because my saved cruises" had a blurb in red letters that my Dec 4, 2020 TA had either sailed or had been cancelled. I quickly called Princess. At first the rep, said all was fine. I asked him to look for any Dec 2020 TA. He couldn't find one. He called to another department for more information, and they confirmed cruise had been cancelled. 

Just checked my personalized as we have a Nov 2020 booking and ours shows the same as OP.  Something going on.  I would very disappointed if that Mediterranean and Holy Land cruise is cancelled. 

Hi,

Wouldn't it be great if they were refurbishing the Island Princess and reversing the unpopular changes that were made a few years ago? 😃 I realize that this would never happen. Thankfully, the changes were not made to the Coral Princess.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I am curious too since we have an Island cruise scheduled for next year.  I just checked the Princess website and filtered by ship, and it shows no sailing for Nov 2020 or Feb 2021.

In February 2021 Island will be in the midst of her World Cruise. No segments being sold that start that month.

Logic seems to dictate that with the 11/06/2020 R/T Rome sailing and the 11/20/2020 Transatlantic both disappearing, but the first sailing from Ft Lauderdale on 12/20/2020 still on the books, the TA is possibly going to be moved up or otherwise altered. Thus the apparent decision may have been made to scuttle the cruise calling in Israel. If that's the way Princess is leaning (safety first) better to know sooner than later--too often Princess has waited until after the passengers have booked non-refundable air and pre or post cruise hotels.

(And let's not speculate on some sort of major drydock--which would have to be preceded or followed by sailing the ship non-revenue from the Med to Florida. Keep it real please)

Edited by fishywood

Makes me wonder what to do as I have the 15 Oct and 27 Oct also booked before the 6 & 20 Nov.  This would be the 2nd time Princess is changing/cancelling the itinerary that includes Jerusalem.  We had originally  booked Singapore to Southampton on the Island going through the Canal and then Jerusalem.  

Just checked my Personalizer and the 6 & 20 Nov cruise now  just show the Princess Logo where they usually have a picture of a port.  This is exactly the way my Personalizer looked before Princess officially  canceled my Singapore to Southampton cruises.  Once Princess sent the "Cancelled Voyage" email, they gave the option to transfer deposit to another voyage and each person would recieve a $15 Goodwill OBC.  If nothing was done to rebook, Princess said after 30 days they would automatically refund all payments to the original form of payment.

Edited by coo359a2

4 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Interesting....just checked and it still shows the Dec20, 2020 Circle Caribbean out of FLL.  Wonder if they are switching up the TA date and/or inserting an out of service period? 

I'm assuming they are switching itineraries to avoid Middle East and that new dates will eventually come out. They have to get the ship from Europe to Florida somehow.

3 hours ago, fishywood said:

In February 2021 Island will be in the midst of her World Cruise. No segments being sold that start that month.

Logic seems to dictate that with the 11/06/2020 R/T Rome sailing and the 11/20/2020 Transatlantic both disappearing, but the first sailing from Ft Lauderdale on 12/20/2020 still on the books, the TA is possibly going to be moved up or otherwise altered. Thus the apparent decision may have been made to scuttle the cruise calling in Israel. If that's the way Princess is leaning (safety first) better to know sooner than later--too often Princess has waited until after the passengers have booked non-refundable air and pre or post cruise hotels.

(And let's not speculate on some sort of major drydock--which would have to be preceded or followed by sailing the ship non-revenue from the Med to Florida. Keep it real please)

I am the OP, and I totally agree with you on all points. Other than converting the Island to Medallion for the Caribbean season (which they can do, and have done on others, without any dry dock), there is no reason to speculate (wish for) a major renovation.

More likely that they are changing all itineraries to avoid the Middle East, and that new sailings will appear with different ports/dates. We are particularly bummed because we were preceding our 12/4 TA back home to Florida with a carefully coordinated coastal Norway Northern Lights/Polar Nights cruise on Hurtigruten and then flying to Rome to catch the Island. Now have to go to a Plan B on that - with or without the TA, depending on what Princess does with it.

I heard from my TA on this - the scheduled maintenance at dry dock has changed dates.

The November 6th cruise has been cancelled.

The November 20th cruise will now leave November 22nd (goes on sale Friday 24th).  For example the 30 day cruise is now 28 days.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DLSHS_Mom said:

Bummer...I had the Nov 6th cruise booked.....will just have to look for another cruise.

There is a small incentive to move you to November 22 - 14 night cruise (they must sell that in both 14 and 28 night cruise. I just don't know what that is yet.

10 hours ago, tothemall&beyond said:

At first the rep, said all was fine. I asked him to look for any Dec 2020 TA. He couldn't find one. He called to another department for more information, and they confirmed cruise had been cancelled. 

The cruise is canceled and the rep could not see that without calling around?   🤔

That is strange....

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

The cruise is canceled and the rep could not see that without calling around?   🤔

That is strange....

It doesn't surprise me - my TA had not been notified at that point. Princess is slow in informing people. Communication is not their strength. :)

9 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

That is strange....

No, actually the same thing happened to our travelling companion when she called a little while later. And our travel agent still has not been notified.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

9 hours ago, Coral said:

There is a small incentive to move you to November 22 - 14 night cruise (they must sell that in both 14 and 28 night cruise. I just don't know what that is yet.

Are you talking about a med cruise or do you mean the Nov 23rd Crown 16 nt TA cruise? We are also booked on that one, but it is much more expensive for same number of days.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

1 hour ago, Coral said:

It doesn't surprise me - my TA had not been notified at that point. Princess is slow in informing people. Communication is not their strength. 🙂

22 minutes ago, tothemall&beyond said:

No, actually the same thing happened to our travelling companion when she called a little while later. And our travel agent still has not been notified.

So the Princess rep has no access to your booking?  I find it strange that the Princess rep could not see that the booking was canceled without calling around. I am not talking about being notified. Why was the booking not showing it was canceled.

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

So the Princess rep has no access to your booking?  I find it strange that the Princess rep could not see that the booking was canceled without calling around. I am not talking about being notified. Why was the booking not showing it was canceled.

No - I think you misunderstood me. The Princess reps indeed had access to our bookings - but it showed to them as everything being "normal". It wasn't until we asked them to "drill down" (by looking to book a cruise on the Island for that date or for a TA for that date) that they saw that all wasn't "normal". They then each called over to other depts (either Cust Relations &/or Yield), which is when they learned that, despite the bookings still showing, the cruise was actually cancelled.

Just now, tothemall&beyond said:

No - I think you misunderstood me. The Princess reps indeed had access to our bookings - but it showed to them as everything being "normal". It wasn't until we asked them to "drill down" (by looking to book a cruise on the Island for that date or for a TA for that date) that they saw that all wasn't "normal". They then each called over to other depts (either Cust Relations &/or Yield), which is when they learned that, despite the bookings still showing, the cruise was actually cancelled.

No I get it. Just strange that the booking was showing normal. 🤪

1 hour ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Are you talking about a med cruise or do you mean the Nov 23rd Crown 16 nt TA cruise? We are also booked on that one, but it is much more expensive for same number of days.

I am not talking about the Crown.

1 hour ago, tothemall&beyond said:

I don't have the info in front of me now but the November 20th cruise will now be the November 22nd cruise on the Island.