MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

My wife's Hilton Diamond matched to MSC's Diamond and my Hilton Gold matched to MSC's Gold. However, our cruise ticket shows my Gold status but does NOT show her Diamond status, probably because I'm the one who booked the trip.

When it comes to getting the Diamond goodies, including embarkation privileges, does anyone know if I will have any issues? And is there anything I can do proactively to get this cleared up advance. Thanks.

On 2/17/2023 at 9:45 AM, sidari said:

Not really helpful, I am trying to find out if those matched to Diamond are getting the benefits from their first cruise which according to MSC UK they are not!

We did on Virtuosa. We were Celebrity Elite plus and were matched Black (now diamond). Got all the benefits on first cruise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu UK said:

We did on Virtuosa. We were Celebrity Elite plus and were matched Black (now diamond). Got all the benefits on first cruise. 

Strangely, having been given a number of example's MSC have failed to respond.

Can someone help me find the matching chart? Trying to figure out whether to apply with my NCL tier or Hotel tier. Thanks!

***NEVER MIND, I FOUND IT***

Edited by kasmrobi
correction

On 2/25/2023 at 6:11 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

I matched to MSC Diamond with my Marriott Titanium status. That match is NOT reflected on the matching chart that I saw published recently.

My Marriott platinum matched to MSC silver- Is it a color match???  Ha!  Now trying my Hilton Diamond…

On 2/25/2023 at 6:11 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

I matched to MSC Diamond with my Marriott Titanium status. That match is NOT reflected on the matching chart that I saw published recently.

My Marriott Platium matched to silver, the lowest level- feels like a color match not a status match- ha! 

On 2/16/2023 at 8:07 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

Where did this list originate? My Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime matched to Diamond in ~2018 (not Silver, which is listed in the table). I do believe that match results were higher years ago than they are now.

Just matched Marriott Platium to silver- bummer. 

9 hours ago, chloe kitty said:

I have taken 60 cruises, but never on MSC..  Thinking of booking MSC.  Any opinions please??  As far as status match, I am Elite on Princess and Diamond Plus on RCCL.  Any idea of what a match might be??  Thank you.

In 2019 Princess Elite matched to Black (now Diamond).  I don't think that has changed.

9 hours ago, chloe kitty said:

What type of ammenities does MSC offer?

If your question is about the amenities offered at each Voyagers Club level, check out https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club

If your question is about amenities offered at each stateroom level ("experiences" in MSC parlance), check out https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/experiences-staterooms

• Thanks 1

Submitted status match with Princess platinum for myself and husband a few weeks ago.  I received confirmation of a gold status for myself but nothing for my husband.   Boarded our ship on Sunday and my husband got a gold card and I got the newbie card.  He was even listed as primary on emails etc, was a tad annoyed with this as I do all the cruise booking and 2 trips to guest services to finally get my gold card. 

I now have Diamond status; however, I cannot get the number recognized. I have sent emails and made phone calls to have the number added to two upcoming Yacht Club cruises. (My husband’s number is recognized so we did get the discount.) Anyway, in two of those Voyagers’ Club emails I was told to redo my status match request; I did, so now I have two Diamond Level numbers— neither one works. Has anyone had success straightening out a confusing Voyagers’ Club situation? If so, do you have the email address/contact info of the person who got it right??

Thanks!!

On 3/9/2023 at 9:34 PM, Basketball wife said:

I now have Diamond status; however, I cannot get the number recognized. I have sent emails and made phone calls to have the number added to two upcoming Yacht Club cruises. (My husband’s number is recognized so we did get the discount.) Anyway, in two of those Voyagers’ Club emails I was told to redo my status match request; I did, so now I have two Diamond Level numbers— neither one works. Has anyone had success straightening out a confusing Voyagers’ Club situation? If so, do you have the email address/contact info of the person who got it right??

Thanks!!

I had similar issue recently.

I signed up to MSC as First Last name and my number is matched to that

New bookings were done with full passport name which is different and MSC could not match them.

They had to change my MSC account to match the full name.

Voyager never did appear on tickets or web bookings but was fine in the app

Also correct on boarding right card and amenities in the cabin.

10 hours ago, Linda W. said:

I’m just Select on Celebrity.  Does that help me with MSC?  I can’t seem to find where to check.

9 hours ago, RichYak said:

That should match to Gold on MSC. 

My Celebrity Elite+ also matched to MSC Gold - which, in and of itself, is "messed up" (though it's their system/game)!

Thankfully, their "messed up" system allowed me to use my Azamara status (status thanks to reciprocity with Celebrity - I've never sailed with them) to then switch to Diamond with MSC. I was able to play the "game" too, thanks to help from fellow CC'ers !!

Tom