Shareholder benefits

denims

7 hours ago, geoherb said:

I need to send in the form for my upcoming back-to-back cruises. Unfortunately, the price of booking it as one 14-day cruise was $500 more than booking the two cruises separately. 

Not sure I follow your logic. Booked as two 7 day cruises = 200 OBC. Booked as a 14 day cruise = 250 OBC but $500 more. I'd give up 50 OBC for $500 fare reduction 

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Not sure I follow your logic. Booked as two 7 day cruises = 200 OBC. Booked as a 14 day cruise = 250 OBC but $500 more. I'd give up 50 OBC for $500 fare reduction 

That's what I did--booked the cruises separately. I was bemoaning the fact that booking the cruises together as one cruise cost so much more. I guess Princess likes the flexibility of being able to assign me to different cabins if necessary.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 7:55 AM, voljeep said:

so, you booked it as 2 GTY's ?

Yes, two guarantees. There wasn't a cabin showing up as available in the lowest priced category for both cruises. Actually, there weren't any cabins showing up for the northbound cruise on June 19 at the lowest price--just guarantees. This cruise is now showing up as sold out, but strangely they are still selling the 14-day cruise itinerary. I've done b2b cruises before where we had to change cabins between the cruises. It's not too much trouble. 

I'm still waiting for the credit to show up on my bookings. I faxed in my info on Monday (which was Memorial Day). Perhaps that plus the weekend caused a backlog.

On 5/24/2019 at 8:16 PM, denims said:

I've called Princess twice and asked that they tell me where to download the forms to get an shareholder benefit.  Still no answer.

Can someone please give me the site where I can download the application?  I've done this a number of times and can't find out where I filed it.  lol

Thanks for the help

Google it. There are listed everywhere to print.

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2019 at 8:40 AM, 13cheermom said:

Free OBC for any cruise taken within the whole Carnival Corp.  Different amounts based on the # of days sailed, but it is the best stock we ever invested in.  If you can get in while the price is low (not now) it's made us quite a profit along with the dividends paid throughout the year.  We've done a couple of 14-day cruises lately which netted $250/OBC, and that is on top of any other OBC you receive through booking.  Like I said it will eventually pay for itself as long as they keep renewing the benefit, which they have been doing for many years now.

Currently the stock is low. I would get it. I have it and never regretted having it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

I've called Princess twice and asked that they tell me where to download the forms to get an shareholder benefit.  Still no answer.

Can someone please give me the site where I can download the application?  I've done this a number of times and can't find out where I filed it.  lol

It is a Carnival Corporation provided benefit to Carnival Corporation stockholders,  start with that

2 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Google it. There are listed everywhere to print.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:40 PM, Astro Flyer said:

demins...here’s the current form which provides all of the necessary information but is not required to be used.  It’s been my experiences that it’s been immediately issued as long as nearly 2 years in advance.

Shareholder Benefit Request Form.pdf 84.75 kB · 66 downloads

There's no need to do a Google search for the form which was provided in post #5.

4 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Currently the stock is low. I would get it. I have it and never regretted having it.

I would purchase more if went back down in the $40’s. 🤣. We were lucky and bought at a good time, but regardless of price you still get your OBC 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 6:49 PM, 13cheermom said:

I would purchase more if went back down in the $40’s. 🤣. We were lucky and bought at a good time, but regardless of price you still get your OBC 😉

For those that do not own CCL yet and fail to obtain the OBC for each cruise this might be a good time to watch it closely and place a limit order just in case in falls further.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/carnival-stock-falls-weaker-outlook-51561049140

Buy low and this one is a keeper as long as one is a cruiser

Howard

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hm9912 said:

For those that do not own CCL yet and fail to obtain the OBC for each cruise this might be a good time to watch it closely and place a limit order just in case in falls further.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/carnival-stock-falls-weaker-outlook-51561049140

Buy low and this one is a keeper as long as one is a cruiser

Howard

Bought our shares at $22 ... it's gotta go lots lower for us to buy more

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2019 at 2:34 PM, c-boy said:

yep, we p/u  another 150 shares

Five points to remember:

• You do not need a form to claim SOBC.  A fax with your name, booking number, and proof of ownership is enough.  No doubt they appreciate voyage #, ship, sailing date, etc, but they do not require such.

• Don't forget to sanitize the broker's statement, etc, of what Princess does not need to see.  Realize some faxes see colors (mostly infra-red) you can't and so can "see through" some felt pen inks.  It's better to scan and redact in a Paint program.

• If something (faxes) on the internet is free, then you and your information is what is being sold.  😲  Much better to schlep it down to your TA if you don't own a fax.

• Besides the length of the cruise, SOBC varies according to whether your particular cruise is sailing as a "North American", an "Australian", a "UK", or a (never happened yet) "Continental" cruise: Carnival will issue SOBC for a 7-day cruise as US$100, AU$100, £60, or even €75.

• You don't get more SOBC for having CCL shares #101 and up, so don't figure potential SOBC as part of your expected return when deciding whether to buy them.

Edited by Haboob
Extra line feeds
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Haboob said:

Five points to remember:

• You do not need a form to claim SOBC.  A fax with your name, booking number, and proof of ownership is enough.  No doubt they appreciate voyage #, ship, sailing date, etc, but they do not require such.

• Don't forget to sanitize the broker's statement, etc, of what Princess does not need to see.  Realize some faxes see colors (mostly infra-red) you can't and so can "see through" some felt pen inks.  It's better to scan and redact in a Paint program.

• If something (faxes) on the internet is free, then you and your information is what is being sold.  😲  Much better to schlep it down to your TA if you don't own a fax.

• Besides the length of the cruise, SOBC varies according to whether your particular cruise is sailing as a "North American", an "Australian", a "UK", or a (never happened yet) "Continental" cruise: Carnival will issue SOBC for a 7-day cruise as US$100, AU$100, £60, or even €75.

• You don't get more SOBC for having CCL shares #101 and up, so don't figure potential SOBC as part of your expected return when deciding whether to buy them.

Schwab will fax for you, I'd be surprised if Fidelity & Vanguard won't 

• Like 1

Wow!  Was waiting for the stock to drop and purchased 100 shares this morning.  It seemed like a good time always knowing that it could go lower.  Anyway, faxed the info to Princess and had the $500 (15 and 16 day cruises) of OBC in my account in less than two hours.  Couldn't be happier.  Thanks for all the good info.

33 minutes ago, Soman said:

Wow!  Was waiting for the stock to drop and purchased 100 shares this morning.  It seemed like a good time always knowing that it could go lower.  Anyway, faxed the info to Princess and had the $500 (15 and 16 day cruises) of OBC in my account in less than two hours.  Couldn't be happier.  Thanks for all the good info.

CCL shares are currently near their 52 week low so hopefully it works as well for you as it has for me.

Although whatever happens to the prices in the future the OBC & dividends are great and they have more than paid for my initial investment which even with the current lower prices has increased in value by over 50%. 🙂

Edited by Astro Flyer