Is NCL Air department responding to inquiries

mertziek

Boy is this system ever goofed up.  Flights booked disappear, then reappear but wrong Class.  Can’t get NCL Premium Air to respond either by phone or email to me.  Nothing new there about poor guest relations, is there?  PCC also not helpful nor his supervisors.  Anyone else getting replies from the Air department?  I realize this is all being worked on or so they say but they look incompetent and lack of communication is inexcusable!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mertziek said:

Boy is this system ever goofed up.  Flights booked disappear, then reappear but wrong Class.  Can’t get NCL Premium Air to respond either by phone or email to me.  Nothing new there about poor guest relations, is there?  PCC also not helpful nor his supervisors.  Anyone else getting replies from the Air department?  I realize this is all being worked on or so they say but they look incompetent and lack of communication is inexcusable!

Received the flight information for our Alaska cruise about 75 days out.  We were thrilled with the flight to Vancouver, non stop at a perfect time.  The return flight from Anchorage was HORRIBLE.  It involved an over night flight with two layovers for a total of 14 hours travel time half of which to be spent in airports.  I called NCL air travel department, waited on hold for 45 minutes and finally spoke with a lovely women who changed our flight to a one connection flight that gets us home the day we dock with 7 hours total travel time.  After a week the new reservation hadn't shown up in our edocs so I called again and waited another 45 minutes.  I was told the change order has been put in but it will be awhile before we see it in our documents.  Since it is still two months until we sail I assume they are dealing with other passengers first.  Needless to say I will be checking daily for the new flights to be confirmed.  The flights must have been chosen by a computer because no human would ever have knowingly picked such a ridiculous itinerary when a much better option was available.  Must have been based on price!

• Like 1

I had no problems with our flights but I was able to select them due to being Business Class.  Right now no one from NCL Air is communicating about problems.  Our flights are 4+ months so I’m trying to remain optimistic but am frustrated by their lack of communication.  I certainly hope they eventually figure it out but their brand has had nothing but bad pr the past few months and has been seriously tarnished.

I feel your pain mertziek, I have sat on hold for over 10 hours total, trying to fix an air problem this past week or so.  Still not sure if it is fixed.  Listening to the recording drives you batty pretty quickly.  I guess they upgraded their system recently and are having trouble.  Maybe they shouldn't run or extend promotions while their back end is in turmoil?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pookielogic said:

Maybe they shouldn't run or extend promotions while their back end is in turmoil?

You think?  My PCC says it’s utter chaos there and many things have been negatively impacted.  I just don’t know if I hold any hope for NCL IT to get it figured out.  My question is what the heck did they do to create such a big mess?

Edited by mertziek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mertziek said:

Hello! We’ve been chatting on my thread about my nonexistent flights for a cruise in Europe 16 days away! I had mild luck emailing air@ncl.com. I got a reply back within a few hours from someone saying that I had somehow reached the U.K. Flight office. The person let me know that I have flights (first time I have been told this after numerous calls and emails) although they couldn’t give me specifics. So, if you haven’t tried air@ncl.com it “worked” for me; made me feel a little more comfortable that I at least DO have flights. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

Hello! We’ve been chatting on my thread about my nonexistent flights for a cruise in Europe 16 days away! I had mild luck emailing air@ncl.com. I got a reply back within a few hours from someone saying that I had somehow reached the U.K. Flight office. The person let me know that I have flights (first time I have been told this after numerous calls and emails) although they couldn’t give me specifics. So, if you haven’t tried air@ncl.com it “worked” for me; made me feel a little more comfortable that I at least DO have flights. 

Thanks!  I will try that tomorrow although I have a lot more time than you to get it figured out.

1 hour ago, mertziek said:

You think?  My PCC says it’s utter chaos there and many things have been negatively impacted.  I just don’t know if I hold any hope for NCL IT to get it figured out.  My question is what the heck did they do to create such a big mess?

Let's see ...... first they have an understaffed air team, with an archaic way of doing things, then they offer a HUGELY popular air promo that significantly expands the number of air bookings said understaffed air team will need to contend with, then they have a software "upgrade" that does not go as planned and creates even more chaos and havoc ....... so yeah, really, what WOULDN'T go wrong when you put all these elements together?!!!!  

• Like 4

Just now, perditax said:

As an IT worker ... my palms are kinda sweating on behalf of whoever’s fault this is. Although that person is probably in management.

All I know is my PCC said everything is a mess and no one has answers.  This conversion/merging has impacted just about every area and no one seems able to get it figured out.  Getting to nearly 2 weeks of this so who knows when it will be fixed.  What a mess!

• Like 1

I agree.  I contacted my PCC to cancel my reduced air fare promo on Monday since I was able to book my direct flight on Super Bowl Weekend. After reading some of the horror stories about “Free or reduced air fare” where people still don’t have their flight info 2 weeks before their cruise, I was done. So today I checked and still have it on my reservation. Apparently they know how to constantly call you to book but when you need them to take care of something, it’s the same excuse that they updated their system and there is a glitch in it so we have to be patient. Yup, here I come MSC and Princess because apparently being Platinum Plus means nothing to NCL. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

Sent an email to air@ncl.com and received a prompt reply from someone in the UK who was sympathetic but had to forward my email on to Miami.  At least they respond unlike premiumair@ncl.com!  So I wait some more for NCL to reply to my inquiries. 

I am currently on hold (75 minutes so far...), listening to how my call is very important to them.    I called my PCC first. He was irritated that I called apparently, answered NONE of my questions....how will we find out where to meet airport transfer?; why can’t we book reservations for dining?; will we hear from concierge services prior to cruise?; and when will we know air arrangements?     

This is our first NCL cruise and I know I won’t contact this particular PCC again.   As for being on hold with premium air...well, they are still appreciating my patience although they must not realize I’m currently using the patience I was saving for tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mertziek said:

frustrating yes, but computer screw ups do happen plus or TA told us just a few days ago, just the Cuba thing has left cruise lines backed up for hours or days. I can imagine how busy the air dept is right now with people booked with air. This certainly is not a guest service issue as much as a possible computer glitch along with the Cuba issue and a few other issues. 

1 hour ago, newmexicoNita said:

frustrating yes, but computer screw ups do happen plus or TA told us just a few days ago, just the Cuba thing has left cruise lines backed up for hours or days. I can imagine how busy the air dept is right now with people booked with air. This certainly is not a guest service issue as much as a possible computer glitch along with the Cuba issue and a few other issues. 

Busy?  Yes.  A few other issues?  Yes, but guess what?  That’s not my problem, it’s theirs and they should be able to send a brief email response saying “we are working on this and will get back to you” or put a banner on their home page explaining what is going on.      Thus far NOTHING!  But I keep getting my emails reminding me it’s time to pay up.  That part of their computer system seems unaffected.  🙄

Edited by mertziek

7 hours ago, CruiseFuse said:

I am currently on hold (75 minutes so far...), listening to how my call is very important to them.    I called my PCC first. He was irritated that I called apparently, answered NONE of my questions....how will we find out where to meet airport transfer?; why can’t we book reservations for dining?; will we hear from concierge services prior to cruise?; and when will we know air arrangements?     

This is our first NCL cruise and I know I won’t contact this particular PCC again.   As for being on hold with premium air...well, they are still appreciating my patience although they must not realize I’m currently using the patience I was saving for tomorrow.

Did you make it through on the phone line? I was on hold for 93 minutes, then hung up because my husband got a calling saying wait until Monday. 

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, farjar said:

Received the flight information for our Alaska cruise about 75 days out.  We were thrilled with the flight to Vancouver, non stop at a perfect time.  The return flight from Anchorage was HORRIBLE.  It involved an over night flight with two layovers for a total of 14 hours travel time half of which to be spent in airports.  I called NCL air travel department, waited on hold for 45 minutes and finally spoke with a lovely women who changed our flight to a one connection flight that gets us home the day we dock with 7 hours total travel time.  After a week the new reservation hadn't shown up in our edocs so I called again and waited another 45 minutes.  I was told the change order has been put in but it will be awhile before we see it in our documents.  Since it is still two months until we sail I assume they are dealing with other passengers first.  Needless to say I will be checking daily for the new flights to be confirmed.  The flights must have been chosen by a computer because no human would ever have knowingly picked such a ridiculous itinerary when a much better option was available.  Must have been based on price!

I just reviewed my edocs again and the flight changes that were requested have now shown up.  It is a huge relief since it cuts our return trip in half.  Considering we are still 2 months out I am quite pleased with the outcome.  Yes, it was stressful having to call twice then wait to make sure the promised revision was made.  We now, however, have what are possibly the best flights available both ways.  From reading other posts we will probably still have to wait another month before NCL actually pays for the tickets.  Then we will be able to sign into the two different airlines and choose our seats.  Our issue has been resolved to our complete satisfaction.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, farjar said:

I just reviewed my edocs again and the flight changes that were requested have now shown up.  It is a huge relief since it cuts our return trip in half.  Considering we are still 2 months out I am quite pleased with the outcome.  Yes, it was stressful having to call twice then wait to make sure the promised revision was made.  We now, however, have what are possibly the best flights available both ways.  From reading other posts we will probably still have to wait another month before NCL actually pays for the tickets.  Then we will be able to sign into the two different airlines and choose our seats.  Our issue has been resolved to our complete satisfaction.

Good for you.  I’m still hopeful our situation will be resolved before final payment is due.  Hate to pre-pay for something that completely disappeared from our reservation.

Edited by mertziek

On 6/14/2019 at 2:55 PM, newmexicoNita said:

computer screw ups do happen

No, they don’t.  This is a publicly traded company with a $11.6 B market cap ... that’s “B” for billion.  

Incompetence.   You don’t get to call the Geek Squad for this mess.  

Customer service stinks with NCL.  Passengers should get $1 OBC for every minute they wait on hold due to NCL’s self-inflicted wound.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 3:33 PM, mertziek said:

I spent three hours on hold before I got through to someone.....Between the software upgrade and the Cuba cancellations it is a mess.  I am in the business and they asked us not call the air department unless we are within 30 days of sailing.

16 hours ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

No, they don’t.  This is a publicly traded company with a $11.6 B market cap ... that’s “B” for billion.  

Incompetence.   You don’t get to call the Geek Squad for this mess.  

Customer service stinks with NCL.  Passengers should get $1 OBC for every minute they wait on hold due to NCL’s self-inflicted wound.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Of course it is frustrating we are doing air on our next cruise, but I don't agree  with you about this being a customer service problem: maybe they are short on the number of people they have to handle the dept, but that isn't quite what I call customer. We will have to agree to disagree about this, as we do often.