Diamond @ 175? (and 32)

5 hours ago, island lady said:

You are definitely not alone at attaining 175 at age 32.   I see many kids with parents that are in the C&A program.  Those parents sign their children up as well.  Then there is the "kids sail free" program.  Soo...not only did the kids not have to pay for their points to add up...neither did the parents.  

Me, I had to do it the hard way....paid for every cruise myself.  😮 

Been there, done that. 🍷

7 hours ago, icsys said:

Just been looking at your D+ benefits and noticed the 'free 10x8 photo of your choice from your existing printed photograph collection' which states 'standard events only and printed photos; N.A. for digital'. 

Many ships now have digital stations and do not have hundreds of printed photos on display, which I fully understand given the waste. Now they are only printed when purchased.

Presumably the 'N.A for digital' refers to no free digital copies?

You log on to the screen with your cabin number.

Check through your photos,pick your free photo and you are given a time to come back to collect your photo,then log out.

5 hours ago, island lady said:

You are definitely not alone at attaining 175 at age 32.   I see many kids with parents that are in the C&A program.  Those parents sign their children up as well.  Then there is the "kids sail free" program.  Soo...not only did the kids not have to pay for their points to add up...neither did the parents.  

Me, I had to do it the hard way....paid for every cruise myself.  😮 

Likewise for Pauline and I.

Thanks all for the clarification and info re the extra amenities.  

I'm going on Symphony in October and after that will be bang on 175, which means I should be D+ for Rhapsody in May

🤗

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Thre sure are many younger ones.......you only have to be old to be Pinnacle AND wear the fake gold badge!🙄

haha, I only aspire to be D+ - will be happy then! 😎

16 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

My next cruise will take me to exactly 175 points and I wondered if I will therefore become Diamond+ or whether it needs to be over 175 (i.e 176+).

I assume I will get it but don't want to be disappointed!

I will also be 32 years old... Are there younger D+'s out there? Occasionally I feel judged when going into the lounge as I get looks as though I've strolled in uninvited, or I'm asked to show my card when others are not. 

TIA

My four grandchildren all under 7 years old are D+ and now getting cruise points on their own. They'll be young Pinnacles someday. Age means nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct, you can get a free print from the kiosk display, but the D+ coupon does not include a digital copy.

This is amazing to me. A digital copy costs basically nothing. I'm not sure where, in Royals math, that this would be an excessive benefit if we were allowed to have a digital copy instead of the print. I always get the complimentary 8x10, take a good photo of it with my phone, then throw the 8x10 in the trash when I get home. UGH!

4 hours ago, biomedbob said:

I wish I could copy and market fake Pinnacle pins on E-Bay.  I would retire and sell RCCL robes!

Easy to produce. Take a D+ pin and affix it to an engraved brass name tag. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Easy to produce. Take a D+ pin and affix it to an engraved brass name tag. 

Just on Vision Med/Greece and amazed at what some of them felt the need to affixed it to...especially at the pool :classic_wacko:

• Haha 1

Our son is 24 & diamond plus. He's been d+ for a good few years now.

He sometimes gets looks when he walks into lounges.

He was once asked by another cruiser if he was "allowed" to be in the Concierge lounge, to which he replied, "well they've let you in, so the bar is obviously set nice & low - I reckon I'll get away with it". The look on the guy's face was a picture. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Brit-Cruiser said:

He was once asked by another cruiser if he was "allowed" to be in the Concierge lounge, to which he replied, "well they've let you in, so the bar is obviously set nice & low - I reckon I'll get away with it". The look on the guy's face was a picture. 

Haha, brilliant! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brit-Cruiser said:

Great response.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Thre sure are many younger ones.......you only have to be old to be Pinnacle AND wear the fake gold badge!🙄

I think I see the "green monster" of envy , raising it's head

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

You are sooo wrong about this.... 🙄 😂🤣

You always talk down about Pinnacles. While some are good and some are bad. It seems like  to you they are all bad.

The only thing they did was spend more money than you . They earned the privileges they get by paying for them, they didn't get them for free or through some connection.