Diamond @ 175? (and 32)

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Saw some of those...and you know who I am talking about.  Fake people...fake Pinnie pins...fake hair..... it happens.  😉 

Is he still around? I haven't seen him in a LONG time. For awhile he was on nearly every cruise that I was on.

4 minutes ago, #1cruiseaholic said:

Just got off Majesty and we are now diamond plus. Long time coming and needless to say we are way on the other side of 32!

I have seen the listings for diamond plus but curious where it lists picking a gift of wine, etc. Can anyone help?

You have to call Crown & Anchor. They will tell you what gifts are available.

BTW Congrats

Edited by rt1092

We too have very young kids who are Diamond almost Diamond Plus members we try to do 2 to 3 cruises a year and my daughter at 10 is so proud to tell people of her status she’s too cute. We have never had an issue going into the DL but I don’t let my kids go in and hang out although I have seen some kids in there I just don’t think it’s appropriate if they want a snack they can get it and go. We have never had an issue ourselves going in there but some people are definitely more approachable then others and that is ok too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish13 said:

We too have very young kids who are Diamond almost Diamond Plus members we try to do 2 to 3 cruises a year and my daughter at 10 is so proud to tell people of her status she’s too cute. We have never had an issue going into the DL but I don’t let my kids go in and hang out although I have seen some kids in there I just don’t think it’s appropriate if they want a snack they can get it and go. We have never had an issue ourselves going in there but some people are definitely more approachable then others and that is ok too.

Quiet, well behaved kids having a snack and perhaps a soda, spending time with their family if they are choosing to do so...Why is that inappropriate ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Quiet, well behaved kids having a snack and perhaps a soda, spending time with their family if they are choosing to do so...Why is that inappropriate ?

It’s just my personal opinion... 

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Of course, in your opinion. I have seen them, especially kids in the SL. Big stares for them. 

And you take photos of people dressed in appropriately as I recall

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Their my grandchildren...and I'll easily take that bet :classic_biggrin:

You'd be throwing money away. No 21 year old will ever be top cruiser. For the very reason that they would rarely be traveling without their elders who likely have more points.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:20 AM, Bee Guy said:

Has anyone ever chosen the beach towel as a bonus gift?  If so, were you pleased with it?  What colors are available?

We chose the towels once...they’re ok...not very plush if you’re used to good towels. They work for drying off...only color available when we got them were white with logo in blue

Edited by pattiea

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You'd be throwing money away. No 21 year old will ever be top cruiser. For the very reason that they would rarely be traveling without their elders who likely have more points.

I can't have the only kids in that age range who save their money and take cruises without us by this age, can I?

I mean, mine are only lowly Diamonds (very near D+. but not yet)---largely because we did not start on RCI untll they were 11 and 13 and even then sailed some other lines as well---though even if every cruise we ever took was RCI we'd only be halfway to pinnacle----but kids who grow up knowing cruise vacations are a great value and enjoying them DO end up sailing on their own dime and without parents fairly young (or, at least mine do.  My 22 year old will be sailing with their 21 year old fiance this fall, and my 20 year old with a family friend whose never been on a ship this August).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

And you take photos of people dressed in appropriately as I recall

Yes I did. I have pictures of Suite Guests in swimsuits and barefoot in the SL. I also have a picture of a P in a RC robe getting a drink at the bar. These were on Allure, same cruise.  No faces shown so nearly impossible to identify.  Neither of these above bothered us. They could have worn this attire on formal night and it wouldn’t have bothered us.

I have pictures of Suite Guest vaping in the CK too. Now that really bothers us and is far worse than dress attire. That was on HOTS April 2018. 

I have pictures from Presidents Cruise as well that you know about regarding confrontation between Star Class guests and a P couple prior to Michael Bolton concert. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

Is he still around? I haven't seen him in a LONG time. For awhile he was on nearly every cruise that I was on.

He actually finally made real Pinnacle.  I was curious when I saw him without the fake Pinnacle badge and asked the concierge in the DL on Rhapsody.  He didn't need the fake one anymore, was waiting for his real one.   

Makes me wonder.  If you are so used to being a fake Pinnacle, is the excitement of finally making it to that level officially .....that less exciting?  🤔