Bionic Bar question

3 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

Does it take a while to make your drink? I've never experienced it, so I have no idea why people say it's a novelty. It could potentially be a great place to get a drink without having to get a bartender's attention.

You might have to wait in line though.

4 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

Does it take a while to make your drink? I've never experienced it, so I have no idea why people say it's a novelty. It could potentially be a great place to get a drink without having to get a bartender's attention.

There is an electronic board that will show you the approximate wait time.  It varies of course depending on how many are ahead of you.

When we were there it averaged between a minute and a half up to almost three minutes.  Time passed quickly when you are watching the robots mix drinks..😁

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:
22 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Does it take a while to make your drink?

It's slower than a human bartender.

But it won't lie to you and say it can't make your drink b/c the entire ship is out of a certain ingredient.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fscool said:

Does anybody know the toughest drink to have it make?  

A Screaming Viking.  The robot has a difficult time determining how bruised the cucumber should be. 😉

dp

• Like 2

On 6/24/2019 at 1:53 PM, Sizzlechest said:

Not really. It has a limited selection of drinks compared to a full service bar but I think its pretty cool. Its a great place to talk to people; you know the ones who look completely confused about how the whole thing works? They have the same type of robot bars in other touristy places (Vegas, etc.) and it does break down a bit, but there always seems to be a crew member around to get it going again. We used it (more than a few times) to get a chilled double shot (maybe more) of Grey Goose to dump in our soda cups. And I emphasize the "more than a few times" comment!!!

Edited by DRJCruiser

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to say we LOVE the bionic bar.  We are always on the go and it is just so easy to get a drink from the Bionic Bar on the way to somewhere else.  It isn't a great place to hang out though.  The Schooner Bar is better for that. 

My wife and I had the drink package and tried every bar on Harmony.  With the exception of the Bionic Bar, every drink showed up as a $0.00 entry on our folio.  If the Bionic bar's tips go to the ship emergency fund, that is fine.  It also makes sense that they wouldn't count for the drink package, so the flat 18% actually goes to the bartenders that served us.   The 2 ladies that work the Bionic Bar (Jenny and Ayu) do a great job reloading and cleaning the machines.  They also have to answer a million questions.  We tipped them, but I think some of the 18% should go to them too.  

The real waste of space gimic bar is the Rising Tide bar.  

I had a great experience with the Bionic Bar last time I was on Anthem. I made my cocktail on the provided tablet, went to check out--and my drink was free.  (Note I didn't have any drink packages or OBC on my account)  And this happened for the next 5 drinks I ordered!!  Any human bartender would have seen the clerical error and charged me, but those silly robots just kept grinding out my Rum & Cokes. 😎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hp_slash said:

I had a great experience with the Bionic Bar last time I was on Anthem. I made my cocktail on the provided tablet, went to check out--and my drink was free.  (Note I didn't have any drink packages or OBC on my account)  And this happened for the next 5 drinks I ordered!!  Any human bartender would have seen the clerical error and charged me, but those silly robots just kept grinding out my Rum & Cokes. 😎

I noticed that happens if the person before you had the drink package and forgot to log out.   I am sure some shady characters could take advantage of that situation.  :classic_wink:

Edited by zepp914

• 1 year later...

Not sure if Rob will be any better than what RCI already has at the Bionic Bar:

We’re not sure how more innovative you can get after MSC Cruises has introduced the world’s first humanoid robotic bartender at sea named Rob. The new robot can be seen on the cruise line’s shiny new mega-ship MSC Virtuosa.

MSC Starship Club and Rob!

We’ve already been introduced to robotic bartenders from Royal Caribbean but now MSC Cruises has revealed the world’s first humanoid bartender at sea named Rob! He is exclusively available aboard the MSC Virtuosa, MSC’s new flagship which was just recently delivered.

Rob, MSC Humanoid Robotic Bartender at MSC Starship Club Rob, MSC Humanoid Robotic Bartender at MSC Starship Club (Image Courtesy: MSC Cruises)

Rob will be able to mix and serve his signature cocktails along with a wide range of personalized drinks just like a real human bartender. He will even be able to speak with guests in a witty way offering a real bar-like experience.

At times, Rob will be able to showcase his dance moves along with telling people jokes, riddles and space trivia. He will be working at the MSC Starship Club, a new venue for the cruise line.

MSC Starship ClubMSC Starship Club (Image Courtesy: MSC Cruises)

The venue will be very futuristic with 3D holograms, an immersive digital art wall and a 12-seat infinity digital interactive table, giving guests the opportunity to explore space with their own personalized galactic tour.

There will be specific vertical digital cockpits where guests can make their order. Rob will then get to work using all his skills to make the perfect cocktail. He’ll be able to cater for many guests thanks to him being able to speak eight languages.

Rob, MSC Humanoid Robotic Bartender Rob, MSC Humanoid Robotic Bartender (Image Courtesy: MSC Cruises)

The MSC Starship Club has been a concept that’s been in the making for almost six years. The cruise line has been pushing the boundaries and innovations to make it a reality.

https://www.cruisehive.com/msc-cruises-unveils-first-ever-humanoid-robotic-bartender-at-sea/46987

Edited by Biker19

On 6/20/2019 at 8:38 PM, LuCruise said:

I know not everyone likes it but we quite liked it on Symphony.  It's fun to watch and kind of a neat concept.

It may be fun to watch, but the drinks are subpar.  They never taste nearly as good as when prepared by hand by a competent bartender.  Also the aren't appealing when served in a plastic cup.  Perhaps with saving the environment they might improve the cup.  

Better to just watch-or order a non alcoholic beverage, then go to a regular bar for a nice drink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure if Rob will be any better than what RCI already has at the Bionic Bar:

We’re not sure how more innovative you can get after MSC Cruises has introduced the world’s first humanoid robotic bartender at sea named Rob. The new robot can be seen on the cruise line’s shiny new mega-ship MSC Virtuosa.

MSC Starship Club and Rob!

We’ve already been introduced to robotic bartenders from Royal Caribbean but now MSC Cruises has revealed the world’s first humanoid bartender at sea named Rob! He is exclusively available aboard the MSC Virtuosa, MSC’s new flagship which was just recently delivered.

Rob, MSC Humanoid Robotic Bartender at MSC Starship Club Rob, MSC Humanoid Robotic Bartender at MSC Starship Club (Image Courtesy: MSC Cruises)

Rob will be able to mix and serve his signature cocktails along with a wide range of personalized drinks just like a real human bartender. He will even be able to speak with guests in a witty way offering a real bar-like experience.

At times, Rob will be able to showcase his dance moves along with telling people jokes, riddles and space trivia. He will be working at the MSC Starship Club, a new venue for the cruise line.

MSC Starship ClubMSC Starship Club (Image Courtesy: MSC Cruises)

The venue will be very futuristic with 3D holograms, an immersive digital art wall and a 12-seat infinity digital interactive table, giving guests the opportunity to explore space with their own personalized galactic tour.

There will be specific vertical digital cockpits where guests can make their order. Rob will then get to work using all his skills to make the perfect cocktail. He’ll be able to cater for many guests thanks to him being able to speak eight languages.

Rob, MSC Humanoid Robotic Bartender Rob, MSC Humanoid Robotic Bartender (Image Courtesy: MSC Cruises)

The MSC Starship Club has been a concept that’s been in the making for almost six years. The cruise line has been pushing the boundaries and innovations to make it a reality.

https://www.cruisehive.com/msc-cruises-unveils-first-ever-humanoid-robotic-bartender-at-sea/46987

That bar looks like a radiology office. Is Rob serving up contrast solution? Very uninviting 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Does Rob deserve the grats more than the Bionic Bar robots since he "talks" to customers? Will he remember you?

Bionic Bar bartenders deserve a bigger tip since unlike Rob, they can make a drink without having the luxury of having a head or eyes. 

• Haha 1