Bionic Bar question

4 minutes ago, bfloluci2 said:

If I purchase the ultimate drink package , do I have to pay for a drink at the bionic bar, or is it included in the price of the package?

Included

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bfloluci2 said:

If I purchase the ultimate drink package , do I have to pay for a drink at the bionic bar, or is it included in the price of the package?

If it wasn't for the included drinks almost no one would use that waste of space.

From Royal.

What is the price of drinks at the Bionic Bar?

The price of drinks at the Bionic Bar is about what you would pay anywhere else for a cocktail on the ship.

Drinks ordered by guests will be charged to their SeaPass account.  Alternatively, guests with a Royal Caribbean drink package may order drinks at the Bionic Bar and it will be included with their package benefits.

• Like 1

Some see it for what it is....a gimic.

I've walked past it many times and never bother to order a drink.  After the first or second night sailing....it is also the least crowded side to walk on when trying to go from one end of the boat to the other.

Included with deluxe pkg.  Definitely a gimmick but honestly I got a drink faster there than at the schooner bar at certain times.  We got a drink or two there when it wasn’t crowded and it allowed us to try something different.  There are bigger wastes of space in my opinion.

51 minutes ago, bfloluci2 said:

thanks for the info,  but why the harsh review?

It is just an expensive novelty that people will spend a few minutes watching then move on.

It takes up a lot of space.

Probably will be removed soon to be replace with some new profit center.

I am actually surprised that they still around..

Edited by matj2000

21 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Included with deluxe pkg.  Definitely a gimmick but honestly I got a drink faster there than at the schooner bar at certain times.  We got a drink or two there when it wasn’t crowded and it allowed us to try something different.  There are bigger wastes of space in my opinion.

Like Vintages. Always almost empty on every ship/cruise I've been on.  Bionic bar is def busier.

2 hours ago, matj2000 said:

It is just an expensive novelty that people will spend a few minutes watching then move on.

It takes up a lot of space.

Probably will be removed soon to be replace with some new profit center.

I am actually surprised that they still around..

I doubt it since the Oasis is getting one.

I tried it one time on each of my 2 Anthem cruises.  On the first cruise, the robot set the drink down at an angle and the glass came out to me empty (and a mess in the track).  The second time, my bacardi and rum came out half full and clear.  It took me about 10 minutes to find a human to address the issue and bring me a hand made drink.  I never saw a crowd there. I will not likely try it next week on our Bermuda cruise.

It's a one and done novelty. I ordered a drink and took the video to post on Facebook. It's not a bar to socialize and the only entertainment is watching and hoping for a malfunction like the shaker opening or the drink spilling which happens more often than expected.  You place your drink order with a tablet located at a table top. The worst part is the idiots who drink their drink at the table with the tablet and don't have clue that they are prohibiting others from ordering a drink. I had to ask someone if I could use the tablet to place an order. I didn't appreciate the plastic cup either. The only plus is that you can select how many shots of alcohol you want in a drink by creating your own drink.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Like Vintages. Always almost empty on every ship/cruise I've been on.  Bionic bar is def busier.

I have to agree about Vintages. Wine bars are never crowded or used on any cruise line I have been on unless there is a tasting going  on. However, it was the only place my wife could get Whispering Angel Rose' ($1.18 up charge with deluxe package) even though it was on the dining room menu and other menus around the ship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

So after all of this lead up Mike...what did you think of your cruise? :classic_biggrin:

We loved it but still prefer a smaller ship. The food was excellent and if anything I thought the quality was better than what has been discussed here. I enjoyed all of the ship except the Royal Esplanade. Too much like a crowed mall and I'm way beyond cruise ship shopping. Nothing has changed from ship to ship and they all are still pushing the inch of gold and the gems that are becoming extinct. It's the home shopping network at sea. We walked one deck up to bypass the crowd and passed the empty bionic bar many times. I wrote a favorable review but it hasn't been posted yet.  When I get more time I will post another review here to touch upon the topics that have been discussed here and my experiences. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 5:21 AM, PigsCanFly said:

I tried it one time on each of my 2 Anthem cruises.  On the first cruise, the robot set the drink down at an angle and the glass came out to me empty (and a mess in the track).  The second time, my bacardi and rum came out half full and clear.  It took me about 10 minutes to find a human to address the issue and bring me a hand made drink.  I never saw a crowd there. I will not likely try it next week on our Bermuda cruise.

I found that the robots worked much more reliably on Harmony than Anthem.  On Anthem, they were frequently down for repairs and had limited hours in general, whereas on Harmony they were operational whenever I walked past.  Perhaps the 2 years in age difference of the ships gave them more time to perfect the system.