Current Wine by the Glass List

PSULion

Here is the list they post on the website as available if you purchase the ultimate beverage package. 

I don't know (but would be curious to find out) if all ships generally carry all of these, or if this is more of a list of what they might have 

WINE BY THE GLASS

Champagne & Sparkling
Nicolas Feuilatte, Brut, Chouilly (France), Santa Elvira, Prosecco, Extra Dy, Treviso (Italy), Domaine Chandon, Brut, Classic (California)

White Wine
Wairau River, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough (New Zealand), The Seeker, Chardonnay (California), Bertani Velante, Pinot Grigio, Venezie Giulia (Italy), Selbach "Fish Label", Riesling Kabinett, Mosel (Germany), Gérard Bertrand Réserve
Spéciale, Viognier, Pays d'Oc (France)

Rosé Wine
Beringer, White Zinfandel (California), Caves D'Esclans "Whispering Angel", Rosé, Côtes de Provence (France) 

Red Wine
Penley Estate "Phoenix", Cabernet Sauvignon, Coonawarra (Australia), Matanzas Creek Winery, Merlot, Sonoma County (California), Sokol Blosser, Delinea 300, Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley (Oregon),  Callia Alta, Malbec, San Juan (Argentina), Poggio Tempesta, Chianti DOCG, Toscana (Italy)

In addition the sommelier may offer you other wines as well if he/she has bin ends they want to use.  This particularly happens in the Speciality restaurant 

Edited by uktog

1 hour ago, uktog said:

In addition the sommelier may offer you other wines as well if he/she has bin ends they want to use.  This particularly happens in the Speciality restaurant 

They sometimes have bin end bottles on sale at a good price.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

How long to they keep a bottle open?

is it OK to ask that you be served from a new bottle, when asking for a white?

I haven’t I’ve never had an issue with an open bottle tasting old 

20 minutes ago, uktog said:

I haven’t I’ve never had an issue with an open bottle tasting old 

With the whites, it’s more an issue of easily lost flavour... tasting ‘flat’. 

I experienced this on Celebrity, which is why I asked.

You can certainly ask how long a bottle has been open; it’s not unusual to be offered a new bottle.  We almost always ask how long the champagne has been open; I didn’t yesterday and sure enough it was flat.  It was remedied right away

Edited by laurieb
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

What wines and beers are included with the cabin rate?

On 7/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, Sujormik said:

Any way someone wants to add a pic of after dinner and cordials too?

Two white, two red, a rose and a sparkling wine. Whites & reds change every day, but you can ask for a previous days wines. On our current cruise it's been Chilean Sauvignon Blanc & Chardonnay, Reisling, Pinot Grigio whites and Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chianti reds. Beers included are Newcastle Brown fraught, Becks, Budweiser, Bud light - look at this https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

5 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Two white, two red, a rose and a sparkling wine. Whites & reds change every day, but you can ask for a previous days wines. On our current cruise it's been Chilean Sauvignon Blanc & Chardonnay, Reisling, Pinot Grigio whites and Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chianti reds. Beers included are Newcastle Brown fraught, Becks, Budweiser, Bud light - look at this https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Thank you for responding. We've taken 40+ cruises, mainly with RCCL & Celebrity and now considering Azamara. Are the complimentary suite in-room spirits exchangeable for wine or beer?

24 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thank you for responding. We've taken 40+ cruises, mainly with RCCL & Celebrity and now considering Azamara. Are the complimentary suite in-room spirits exchangeable for wine or beer?

Not normally 

I understand Azamara has complimentary wines by the glass each day.  I assume there are also bottles of wine people can purchase, yes?  If one purchases the best beverage package, is there any discount on the bottle purchases?

Edited by SoBaycruiser

8 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

I asked for a bottle of rose last week and one was brought.

• 2 weeks later...

We requested that wines be added to the beverage packages and see Azamara finally responded.  We live in wine country, and owned a vineyard for years, so no surprise we are into wine.  With a few exceptions, mostly in sparkling wine, the selections are well under $20/at retail and less if off vintages.  To only be included in the Ultimate package is a further disregard for wine drinking clients.  Hopefully the Food and Beverage director will take pity on us and open some better wines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eurohop said:

We requested that wines be added to the beverage packages and see Azamara finally responded.  We live in wine country, and owned a vineyard for years, so no surprise we are into wine.  With a few exceptions, mostly in sparkling wine, the selections are well under $20/at retail and less if off vintages.  To only be included in the Ultimate package is a further disregard for wine drinking clients.  Hopefully the Food and Beverage director will take pity on us and open some better wines.

Last September we traveled with friends who only drink Chardonnay (him) and Pinot Noir (her). They were more than happy to pay for a glass of wine but there were no Chardonnays available and the only Pinot was Dark Horse.......not on the menu and served one day. She then asked for it on other days/nights. Most times met with a "no problem" but others.....a not available. We felt very let down by the wine offerings on an upscale line. This was on Journey. 

15 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Last September we traveled with friends who only drink Chardonnay (him) and Pinot Noir (her). They were more than happy to pay for a glass of wine but there were no Chardonnays available and the only Pinot was Dark Horse.......not on the menu and served one day. She then asked for it on other days/nights. Most times met with a "no problem" but others.....a not available. We felt very let down by the wine offerings on an upscale line. This was on Journey. 

15 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We think there’s a real disconnect with The way Azamara promotes its product and also encourages the Travel Agent community to promote it. This is what’s included in a quote, my quotation marks added:  

INCLUSIVE AMENITIES FOR ALL GUESTS: Complimentary AzAmazing Evenings event (on most voyages), “Select standard spirits, international beers and wines”, Gratuities, Bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas Self-service laundry, Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available, Concierge services for personal guidance and reservations.

the quality should be on par with the brand image they are claiming.   And it goes without saying they should deliver what they promise. 

18 minutes ago, eurohop said:

We think there’s a real disconnect with The way Azamara promotes its product and also encourages the Travel Agent community to promote it. This is what’s included in a quote, my quotation marks added:  

INCLUSIVE AMENITIES FOR ALL GUESTS: Complimentary AzAmazing Evenings event (on most voyages), “Select standard spirits, international beers and wines”, Gratuities, Bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas Self-service laundry, Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available, Concierge services for personal guidance and reservations.

the quality should be on par with the brand image they are claiming.   And it goes without saying they should deliver what they promise. 

I agree....and, unfortunately, our friends had not cruised before and this did not give them a good impression of Azamara. Like I said previously they were happy to pay for a good wine......but there selection wasn't there. 

A few weeks ago we didn't touch our in suite drinks on b2b but discovered later that our travelling companions had exchanged the spirits for bottles of limoncello. We don't need spirits in suite when you can get tgen any time at a bar. This isn't a perk we need  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I agree....and, unfortunately, our friends had not cruised before and this did not give them a good impression of Azamara. Like I said previously they were happy to pay for a good wine......but there selection wasn't there. 

There is a very good selection by the bottle including 20 chardonnays and 17 pinot noirs that I could see to purchase.  There is also usually a local selection on the intensive cruises. 

6 hours ago, Werangels said:

There is a very good selection by the bottle including 20 chardonnays and 17 pinot noirs that I could see to purchase.  There is also usually a local selection on the intensive cruises. 

We were on Journey. Maybe the offerings have changed since last year.