Are all Medallions blue now?

Nee Nee and Biddy

We just received our medallions in the mail for our 8/3 cruise on the Royal.  Both medallions are blue with white lanyards.  I'm elite and my husband is platinum.  On our cruise in December on the Regal, my medallion was black.  I honestly don't care to flaunt my status, but I do like getting on the ship early and I like going to the elite lounge if they have a shrimp fountain.  😂 I called Princess to ask this exact question, and the agent who helped me said that the "color" of the Royal cruise is blue and everyone's medallion will be that color.  ??? She did not seem like a real authority on the issue, so I thought I would ask here.  This is only our second medallion cruise so I feel a bit like a newbie.  If I did get the wrong medallion, who should I call to fix the situation?   Thanks for your help! 

• Haha 1

On my most recent cruise on the Caribbean Princess mine was black for elite. and I believe it was the same Black Elite medallion for when I was last on the Regal several times. Yes they did change the lanyards over to a thinner lightweight white lanyard. makes you wonder if maybe they're thinking when you mentioned blue the blue paper that goes in that clear case that's around your medallion because that's usually the same blue when they give everyone except for when I was on the Caribbean Princess they had a limited edition shark week ones inserted. as for priority boarding usually after check-in will give you a card that says Elite so you can skip everybody.

On mine and my sister's the paper in the holder is blue and the outer rim of the Medallion where our name is, is silver. But the middle circle (the part with the Princess logo)is the same color as our status.  Mine is Platinum, my sister's is Ruby.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blondilu said:

On mine and my sister's the paper in the holder is blue and the outer rim of the Medallion where our name is, is silver. But the middle circle (the part with the Princess logo)is the same color as our status.  Mine is Platinum, my sister's is Ruby.

is this on the Royal cruise ?

36 minutes ago, Nee Nee and Biddy said:

We just received our medallions in the mail for our 8/3 cruise on the Royal.  Both medallions are blue with white lanyards.  I'm elite and my husband is platinum.  On our cruise in December on the Regal, my medallion was black.  I honestly don't care to flaunt my status, but I do like getting on the ship early and I like going to the elite lounge if they have a shrimp fountain.  😂 I called Princess to ask this exact question, and the agent who helped me said that the "color" of the Royal cruise is blue and everyone's medallion will be that color.  ??? She did not seem like a real authority on the issue, so I thought I would ask here.  This is only our second medallion cruise so I feel a bit like a newbie.  If I did get the wrong medallion, who should I call to fix the situation?   Thanks for your help! 

Hmmm, I was on the Royal in April and mine was black. 

We were just on the Royal in May and our Medallions were black in the center with silver rim that stated our names and voyage date. Only the plastic holder was blue around the medallion and the lanyard was white with blue print. But the actual medallion itself was black and silver.

8 hours ago, Nee Nee and Biddy said:

Thank you for all of the replies! So what should I do?  When I called Princess the agent was clueless.  Is there a specific medallion call line?  If so, I can't find it.  

technically when you get on the ship they can also make you a new one with your name on it and stuff on the correct color if it really bothers you. Otherwise in there system when your name comes up it should show up that you are a past cruiser.

9 hours ago, Nee Nee and Biddy said:

Thank you for all of the replies! So what should I do?  When I called Princess the agent was clueless.  Is there a specific medallion call line?  If so, I can't find it.  

If you really don't care to flaunt your status, just use the one you have. 

if it is instead important to you, demand a new one when you board.

• Like 1

I don't see it as flaunting status but more as preventing problems during the cruise, such as when going to the evening cocktail event for Platinum, Elite, and suite guests or taking advantage of priority tendering. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nee Nee and Biddy said:

I would be more worried that your booking may not be tied to your Captain Circle number and maybe a new number (thus you won't get your Elite benefits). When you login to your CC account, does it show this cruise?

32 minutes ago, Coral said:

I would be more worried that your booking may not be tied to your Captain Circle number and maybe a new number (thus you won't get your Elite benefits). When you login to your CC account, does it show this cruise?

We had our first medallion cruise in March, we are both elite, but they sent me a platinum color medallion.  It was quickly fixed on the ship. I agree that you should be checking to make sure the cruise is linked to both of your Captain Circle account # so you will get the benefits you are entitled to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I was thinking the same thing.

30 minutes ago, Globehoppers said:

Of course you do.  You have "status" over others and now can flaunt it with the medallion.  

I am the lowest of the low on Princess (just complete one cruise, three more booked)—I don’t see it as flaunting at all.  Completely agree with geoherb about preventing problems.  If you have attained an elite loyalty level with a cruise line, then you should get all the benefits.  Even a black medallion that clearly communicates to all passengers that you are at the elite level.

• Like 1

I think they meant possibly like for priority stuff if people question them  they can show them that they're elite. In all honesty I keep my Medallion inside my little clutch bag that I carry around with me. I never actually wear it on me. All passengers majority of time just think I'm crew and I asked him why do they think that ?They proceed to tell me,  because you don't have a medallion, so you must work for the line. Silly people, but I do enjoy their entertainment and play along. I tell them I have a very important job onboard and that I'm not allowed to discuss. (I call it, playing passenger).

5 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I think they meant possibly like for priority stuff if people question them  they can show them that they're elite. In all honesty I keep my Medallion inside my little clutch bag that I carry around with me. I never actually wear it on me. All passengers majority of time just think I'm crew and I asked him why do they think that ?They proceed to tell me,  because you don't have a medallion, so you must work for the line. Silly people, but I do enjoy their entertainment and play along. I tell them I have a very important job onboard and that I'm not allowed to discuss. (I call it, playing passenger).

Passengers shouldn’t be confronting each other about those things anyway. If someone has a concern that they’re not getting the level of service they should be, they need to discuss that with the staff, who can then explain the differing amenity levels by status, or take corrective action if necessary. There’s really no reason anyone needs to display their status to anyone other than staff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dani24 said:

Passengers shouldn’t be confronting each other about those things anyway. If someone has a concern that they’re not getting the level of service they should be, they need to discuss that with the staff, who can then explain the differing amenity levels by status, or take corrective action if necessary. There’s really no reason anyone needs to display their status to anyone other than staff.

Very true. 

9 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

There’s really no reason anyone needs to display their status to anyone other than staff.

I never used to until they changed to the medallions. 

Now it seems at though everyone on the ship is running around with them on a lanyard so I just joined in with the crowd although I don't use those silly lanyards. 

20 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

If it's a big concern, they've got stick on metal pieces on the ships to change to any color level & correct it on the spot.

I want to collect all the colors for my collection. :classic_rolleyes:

It is important they figure out before they leave if their cruise is connected to their CC# or a new number because of benefits onboard. It will take longer onboard and then there will be a delay in Elite bar setup, etc... 

OP - contact whoever you booked through to make sure you have the correct CC# tied to this booking.

38 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Even a black medallion that clearly communicates to all passengers that you are at the elite level.

Flaunting elite status is all a part of it.  Princess knows that calling certain customers 'special' helps them keep customers who find being called "elite" enhances their self image.  Pre medallion, a person's status was posted at each door on the name cards.  I couldn't help but notice how many 'elites' were in inside cabins.  I didn't like that somebody was getting preferential treatment over me even though they are staying in the 'discount' cabins and paying a lot less than I paid for the cruise.  In the past, I've seen people compare this to first class on aircraft, but the big difference is that I know the people flying first class paid 3 or 4 times what I paid for the same flight.

• Haha 2