Question for anyone that has been to the new Cococay

I will be going to the new and improved  Cococay

I was wondering from those who have been what their thoughts are on it.

was nice? expensive? waste of time?

Was the food good? did we have to paid for food?

I am happy to hear all and any thoughts you may have on the upgrades

thanks you for your time 😊

It's very very nice.

Parts are expensive depending on what you want to do. You're going to pay for ziplines, water park access, the balloon thing, and cabanas. My friend did the water park and really enjoyed himself. I honestly don't know why anybody would pay $40 or whatever it was costing to go up in a tethered balloon. The zip lines are not fast according to those I asked.

Food was better than average for an island. They have the regular selections of BBQ, hot dog, hamburger. Then they have pressed sandwiches, salads, a good fruit selection, and a taco bar. Those were the best parts to me. Also they have snack shacks where they do chicken sandwiches, burgers, fries, mozzerella sticks, and funnel cakes. All free. The only pay food is in Captain Jacks, where they have wings and steak fries for sale. I don't think it's worth paying for that.

We went in July so the park was very warm for my tastes, I think they need a bit better fans and airflow in the covered areas, and especially in the bathrooms. However, if you're in places with good breezes, and you love the sun? You'll be really pleased with what they've done there. Also they have a huge pool in the middle with a swimup bar that's very popular.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just like before, lunch and the beaches were free. They were some excursions that cost money before, and there are some excursions that cost money now. The giant pool is also free. Unlike before, they are complementary beach umbrellas  at all of the loungers both at the beach and at the pool. If you are a beach person, we will find that many people gravitate towards the pool  or the waterpark, so the beaches are not nearly as crowded as before. Many people consider that a huge plus. The eating areas are significantly upgraded facilities, upgraded food, and open twice as many hours. 

There is a new snack shack that also has complementary food. One is located inside the waterpark one is located outside of the water park. 

We find the new coco cay to be a major improvement over the area. We have been there three times since all of the facilities opened. One of the three we took the above and away balloon ride. The other two we simply relaxed by the beach and have a complementary lunch, just like we did before the upgrades.  And took an occasional dip in the pool. 

Enjoy

m

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Overall, it's a 1000% improvement in my opinion.

And we were there with 2 ships, and it's still not finished

We were there on first day with 2 of the larger ships (Mariner & Navigator) and it was much less crowded than before on a 2 ship day when we couldn't find 2 beach chairs (Majesty and Navigator). The Oasis pool was wonderful and the paver walk paths beat the heck out of either carrying or dragging our beach/pool stuff over the sand.

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've never seen fireworks there. We may see some in November on the Symphony birthday cruise

We can only hope 💥

7 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

If we were to settle into beach loungers, would it be fairly convenient to go to the pool area and eating areas and not have to move our things or give up our chairs?

Yes. We cruised in May 2019 and left all our stuff in loungers for lunch and when we explored the island and several different occasions. 

I'm really struggling with this Perfect Day.

My kids are begging me to go.

I'm eyeing the majesty's sailings out of Nola....  my dad lives there, and it's an easy drive.  So it's an excuse to go see family,  no airfare, and someplace the kids really want to go.

But...   when I think of a perfect day, hanging out in the water park while my kids play sounds not so perfect.

I rather the beach, where adults and little ones both can have their time and be together.

babysitting in the water park and Nassau my lease fav island, not to mention Majesty, it just sounds meh.

Sure I could deny the kids the water park and make them enjoy the beach or the pool, but I'm not that kind of dad.

Just my little perspective.   I dunno --- we'll likely wind up there soon,  but I'm not so sold on this water park. 

Tons of kids in the pool. 

There is also a massive kids park that is free

Wave pool sounds fun, I'll try it in September 

Slides of all kinds are suitable for all ages.

To much sand at the beach. 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I'm really struggling with this Perfect Day.

My kids are begging me to go.

But...   when I think of a perfect day, hanging out in the water park while my kids play sounds not so perfect.

I rather the beach, where adults and little ones both can have their time and be together.

Sure I could deny the kids the water park and make them enjoy the beach or the pool, but I'm not that kind of dad.

How old are your kids? There are plenty of fun things to do without paying to go into the water park, including the beach, the awesome Oasis pool, Splash Away Bay and the pirate ship (forget it's name). If your kids are young, save the water park for when they are teenagers and you'll all have a better day as a family.

It is truly amazing what they have done. So many upgrades and we didn't spend a dime there except for the jet ski excursion we booked for cheap on the planner.

We didn't make it to the BBQ, we went to one of the shacks and had some fruit, burgers, fries, and mozz sticks. Any time you can eat fried cheese is a good time.

There are TONS of umbrellas now. We used to have to be the first off the ship and run to get something in the shade. Not anymore, they and loungers are everywhere. We had Grandeur and Navigator docked and there were still plenty of seats in the shade.

The Oasis pool is one of the coolest pools I have been too. Stepping into it you get a nice surprise, it has a pillowy soft bottom. The line for the swim up bar was kinda long, I had to wait about 5 minutes but they were slammed!

There is not only the tram that takes you around the island but also golf carts from the ship to the trams if that dock walk is too long for anyone in your group.

We didn't do the waterpark so I cant comment on that but it looks like tons of fun.  

3 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

It is truly amazing what they have done. So many upgrades and we didn't spend a dime there except for the jet ski excursion we booked for cheap on the planner.

We didn't make it to the BBQ, we went to one of the shacks and had some fruit, burgers, fries, and mozz sticks. Any time you can eat fried cheese is a good time.

There are TONS of umbrellas now. We used to have to be the first off the ship and run to get something in the shade. Not anymore, they and loungers are everywhere. We had Grandeur and Navigator docked and there were still plenty of seats in the shade.

The Oasis pool is one of the coolest pools I have been too. Stepping into it you get a nice surprise, it has a pillowy soft bottom. The line for the swim up bar was kinda long, I had to wait about 5 minutes but they were slammed!

There is not only the tram that takes you around the island but also golf carts from the ship to the trams if that dock walk is too long for anyone in your group.

We didn't do the waterpark so I cant comment on that but it looks like tons of fun.  

Glad to hear this! DH and I are going in October and have booked the jet ski tour! This will be the first time driving a jet ski for both of us! We both used to ski (younger days), so are really looking forward to zipping along the shoreline! Not sure where to get in the line though, as we are new to jet skis but don't think we would slow the group down at all. I'll be fine as long as I don't tip over cause not sure I could get back on it from the water. I assume they are pretty stable in the water, unless waves are rough!