Access to crown loft suites - allure

Strange question but I have tried to find pictures and videos. What are the hallways like that lead to these suites? Are they secured or can anyone walk down them? Is there anything in them besides just rooms?

Does anyone have pictures or videos so I can see what they are like?

i appreciate any knowledge about this I can get!

Picture a square

At one end of the square are the elevators and access to the Suite Lounge and CK.

The other 3 parts to the square are the suite cabins. Crown Loft, Royal Crown Loft, etc.

To get to the other 3 edges of the square and thus into the cabins, you have to unlock glass doors with your SeaPass card.

When Coastal Kitchen is open and serving meals, the one side by it---where the double doors are, there is always one of the doors open, so the workers can run food delivery's back and forth from the service elevator.  

Once CK closes, the doors are by key access.

The double doors on the suite lounge side are always closed and key access required.

Found this on our May 5th and June 30th cruise this year.

Safe travels. 

In my experience,  those doors tend to be open more than closed.  😉

Heck, one of the doors was missing on Harmony the two weeks I was on her last year. 🤣

20180925_143050.thumb.jpg.274f64929e53a47893c8353412d2e7ae.jpg

But Lioness has more recent Intel on your ship

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Heck, one of the doors was missing on Harmony the two weeks I was on her last year. 🤣

This was the case on Oasis and Harmony as well, and it was one of my biggest pet peeves about the CLS experience.  It turned the private area we paid for into a public access area where people from all over the ship would wander in randomly.  It also constantly let the steamy air from the elevator shafts into the suite hallway, making it a lot warmer than it should have been.  We tried closing the doors every time we walked through saw them open, but more often than not we'd see them wide open again the next time we came through.

Part of the problem seems to be a major flaw in the way the glass doors are designed.  If you open them too hard, they prop open and don't close automatically, so anyone can float in and out.  Conversely, you can't open the doors to go out without hitting the button beside the door.  It would be better if the doors closed automatically and didn't require any button pushing from the inside, only keycard access from the outside.  I also had the distinct impression the door was being propped by stateroom attendants for easy access, though I never actually saw this happening.

Edited by PlanetX
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PlanetX said:

This was the case on Oasis and Harmony as well, and it was one of my biggest pet peeves about the CLS experience.  It turned the private area we paid for into a public access area where people from all over the ship would wander in randomly.  It also constantly let the steamy air from the elevator shafts into the suite hallway, making it a lot warmer than it should have been.  We tried closing the doors every time we walked through saw them open, but more often than not we'd see them wide open again the next time we came through.

Part of the problem seems to be a major flaw in the way the glass doors are designed.  If you open them too hard, they prop open and don't close automatically, so anyone can float in and out.  Conversely, you can't open the doors to go out without hitting the button beside the door.  It would be better if the doors closed automatically and didn't require any button pushing from the inside, only keycard access from the outside.  I also had the distinct impression the door was being propped by stateroom attendants for easy access, though I never actually saw this happening.

I was curious what security was on the lock. 

Was it only coded for 17, was it coded Star/Sky Class, would a Pinnacle card open it?

I'll try this weekend on Harmony. 

• Like 1

Same thing I noticed about Oasis also.  The port side doors were always closed and needed to use your sea pass card, but the starboard side always had one door open...even early in the morning when I would go into the SL for coffee.  Never saw it closed.  

On 7/31/2019 at 2:39 PM, Hammergirl said:

Strange question but I have tried to find pictures and videos. What are the hallways like that lead to these suites? Are they secured or can anyone walk down them? Is there anything in them besides just rooms?

Does anyone have pictures or videos so I can see what they are like?

i appreciate any knowledge about this I can get!

Despite being left open occasionally or more often than not, the halls are still the quietest of any ship that I've ever been on.

Yep, starboard side door was always open when I sailed in CLS two years ago on Oasis, but the port side doors were always closed. I, too, would close it every time I walked through only to find it open again the next time I went through.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Was it only coded for 17, was it coded Star/Sky Class, would a Pinnacle card open it?

I tried it when we sailed in a Grand Suite last year on the Allure. Wanted to see one of the Stateroom Attendants. It did not work.

During our 5 sailings in a Crown Loft this year many times a door was left open throughout the day, especially in the morning. 

• Thanks 1

We've  been in CL's a couple of times.  On one cruise, the Grand Loft Suite was booked by a couple of guys that were on a bachelor party or something.  Since they had a lot friends coming to their suite to party, they would continuously lock the door open.  Not a big deal and I'll say there was never noise from their cabin that we heard (just thought I'd add that).  Other than that, it does seem that the starboard door is left open more than the port door.  However we never saw anyone on 3 different cruises, randomly walking the hall.  It was quiet all 3 cruises. There is really no reason for anyone other than suite guests to be on deck 17 since it's only CLs and the Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen.   

So, to add an answer to the OP.  No, only CLs in the halls.  The area that is the Grand Loft Suites at the front used to be the Chapel on one side, don't remember what the other side was, but they've both been turned into GLS's.  So it's a pretty private area.

19 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

I think we are on port side. If I am looking at the deck plan, our room is on the left. Is that correct?

That is really unfortunate that the doors are left propped open. 

It shouldn't matter much. We've been on cruises where they were propped open and other times they were not and never noticed increased noise or traffic. I'll also add that I've never seen the port side doors propped open.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:35 PM, John&LaLa said:

I agree with @John&LaLa  We have sailed Harmony twice and both times the doors were open and not just during CK hours. Maybe each ship handles this differently. We’ve had friends hosting parties in the Star Class Suites at different times. Sailaway was one occasion and CK was not serving meals, and the access doors were open. Other times were past CK closing and doors were open. 

We did sail on Allure and I do recall seeing then closed and open. 

On 8/1/2019 at 7:30 AM, John&LaLa said:

I know a sky class card worked on oasis and probably star class card would open.  A friend in a GS tried the lock and it worked with his sky card.  I do not know about pinnacle card working but logic leads me to believe it would work.  Seems if card opens suite lounge and suite sun deck it would open those doors.

Just read Stanmelb experience and it was exactly opposite.  

Edited by frank808

5 hours ago, frank808 said:

I know a sky class card worked on oasis and probably star class card would open.  A friend in a GS tried the lock and it worked with his sky card.  I do not know about pinnacle card working but logic leads me to believe it would work.  Seems if card opens suite lounge and suite sun deck it would open those doors.

Just read Stanmelb experience and it was exactly opposite.  

Hi Frank,  

You may be right. Never changed our white Pinnacle Card to a

Sky Class card for our 5 trips so far this year. Look forward to seeing you, Cindy and Hunter again.

John

On 8/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, STANMELB said:

Hi Frank,  

You may be right. Never changed our white Pinnacle Card to a

Sky Class card for our 5 trips so far this year. Look forward to seeing you, Cindy and Hunter again.

John

Glad you and Sandi are enjoying Harmony!  We are looking at coming back to Orlando in October 2020.  Which means that we will be taking a cruise also.  What do you have planned for October?  We will be back to florida earlier, but will be sailing Serenade in January and MSC in June.  

Hunter says "HI" and we are looking forward to sailing with you and your family soon.  Take care and happy sailing!