Downy wrinkle release on Summit?

Another option is to bring an empty spray bottle and dryer sheets with you. Once you get onboard (or to a pre-cruise hotel) fold a dryer sheet and put it in the bottle, then add water. Shake a bit, and you've got wrinkle release spray, without taking up any of your limited liquids capacity. We bought a set of empty travel containers at Target that included a spray bottle. It worked very well for us.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Slakes said:

You can buy travel size bottles that are 3 oz and can be packed in your carryon. 

Where?  We’ve been looking and couldn’t find them. 

6 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

It is not available for sale on the ship

Thanks!  We will need to work around that one way or another. 

38 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I’m referring to our flight. 

and that's what I answered....it is like any other liquid.....standard TSA rules apply...3.4 oz bottle max.....and all bottles of liquids must fit in a clear 1 quart bag.....and 1 bag maximum per person.

Not always strictly enforced, but those are the rules.....  

6 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

and that's what I answered....it is like any other liquid.....standard TSA rules apply...3.4 oz bottle max.....and all bottles of liquids must fit in a clear 1 quart bag.....and 1 bag maximum per person.

Not always strictly enforced, but those are the rules.....  

My question asked if anyone had bought it on the Summit.  I think maybe you misread it. No biggie. Now that I know it’s available on Amazon, we’ve already purchased travel size bottles. We were thinking we would have to Check-in a bag on the flight because we had t found any travel sized bottles. 

I know you have already ordered, but for future reference, we always find the travel sized bottles in Walmart, Kroger, and sometimes Target in the section of the store with baskets of travel-sized items.  In addition, I have also bought, labeled, and filled empty 3 ounce spray bottles with whatever liquid I wanted to carry on a flight. Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Where?  We’ve been looking and couldn’t find them. 

Thanks!  We will need to work around that one way or another. 

Try Amazon-

https://www.amazon.com/Downy-Wrinkle-Releaser-Travel-Accessories/dp/B01CKM5RUS/ref=sr_1_7?crid=17MKJZQC76WA5&keywords=downey+wrinkle+release+spray&qid=1566686323&s=gateway&sprefix=downey+wrin%2Caps%2C208&sr=8-7

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

Another option is to bring an empty spray bottle and dryer sheets with you. Once you get onboard (or to a pre-cruise hotel) fold a dryer sheet and put it in the bottle, then add water. Shake a bit, and you've got wrinkle release spray, without taking up any of your limited liquids capacity. We bought a set of empty travel containers at Target that included a spray bottle. It worked very well for us.

Very clever.  But I am concerned about using it on some fabrics.  I don't know what is in Downy Wrinkle release, but I do know that for some fabrics (particularly some fabric blends) fabric softener accidentally spilled directly on clothes (that is, when putting it into the washing machine) can leave staining.  Have you ever had any issues with this?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Very clever.  But I am concerned about using it on some fabrics.  I don't know what is in Downy Wrinkle release, but I do know that for some fabrics (particularly some fabric blends) fabric softener accidentally spilled directly on clothes (that is, when putting it into the washing machine) can leave staining.  Have you ever had any issues with this?

We haven't had any issues. It's pretty well diluted.

I cannot take any credit for the idea, I've seen it here on Cruise Critic a couple of times. 

Our last trip involved flying, cruising, flying, flying, then cruising again before flying home. It was so nice to be able to meet the liquids requirement, have what I needed, and still not have to check a bag. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

We haven't had any issues. It's pretty well diluted.

I cannot take any credit for the idea, I've seen it here on Cruise Critic a couple of times. 

Our last trip involved flying, cruising, flying, flying, then cruising again before flying home. It was so nice to be able to meet the liquids requirement, have what I needed, and still not have to check a bag. 

If we can avoid the hassle of checking a bag that would be great!  

9 minutes ago, SuzeCruz1 said:

Tami - you can use some of mine.  

Sue

Thanks! That’s very kind of you!  If 6 oz isn’t enough I may take you up on that!  Although we could always send some out for pressing. 

Just reading some more on this. Even shaving gel falls into this. And aerosols. 😐  

Three oz or less......toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, shaving cream, body wash gel, hair spray, cologne, face cream, liquid foundation makeup, moisturizer, body butter, decongestant spray, saline solution for contact lenses, eyedrops, moisturizer, sun block, insect repellant spray, cough medicine, antibacterial cream and ointment, they all count.......

There are exceptions for presription medicines in tge original packaging with the pharmacy label and doctor’s rx

31 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Three oz or less......toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, shaving cream, body wash gel, hair spray, cologne, face cream, liquid foundation makeup, moisturizer, body butter, decongestant spray, saline solution for contact lenses, eyedrops, moisturizer, sun block, insect repellant spray, cough medicine, antibacterial cream and ointment, they all count.......

There are exceptions for presription medicines in tge original packaging with the pharmacy label and doctor’s rx

Toothpaste?  That’s not a liquid, gel, or aerosol. They make it extremely difficult to fly without checking in a bag. I didn’t realize lotions were included either. 

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising