Princess Cruise Card Colors

wrl001

On 8/27/2019 at 3:34 PM, wrl001 said:

New to Princess, what are the different cruise card colors and their meaning.  Is room type a factor?  Thanks

Room type is only a factor if you are in a full suite.   Otherwise it is an indication of Captain's Circle status.

One of the nice things about Princess is that for the most part once you are out of your cabin there are no "class" distinctions.  There may be some benefits for the suite passengers (e.g. breakfast dining room), but otherwise we are equal.

18 hours ago, partybarbie said:

I don't know what's stranger, Princess charging $3.00, or a passenger actually paying it.  Earlier this year, on the Royal, the medallions just came in the color to match your level.  I can hardly wait to get a blue one and have people (thinking it's my first cruise) giving me unsolicited advice on cruising. 

The medallion comes in the colour of your Captain's Circle level but is in a plastic wallet and lanyard with a card which is blue. You can then purchase different cards of Circle level or countries flags and other for an extra $3.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

The medallion comes in the colour of your Captain's Circle level but is in a plastic wallet and lanyard with a card which is blue. You can then purchase different cards of Circle level or countries flags and other for an extra $3.

LOL, that makes a little more sense.  Thanks for the clarification. 

My understanding is that it's not simply a difference between using a card or a medallion, but when/if you are using the medallion you are also using your smartphone.  That you have to download apps (more than 1?).... ? That the process is cumbersome if you don't like that sort of thing.....? And not everyone has a smartphone.  Just looking for clarification.  

19 hours ago, partybarbie said:

I don't know what's stranger, Princess charging $3.00, or a passenger actually paying it.  Earlier this year, on the Royal, the medallions just came in the color to match your level.  I can hardly wait to get a blue one and have people (thinking it's my first cruise) giving me unsolicited advice on cruising.

Sorry to ruin your party Barbie (sorry couldn't resist 😀), the medallion will be the color of your status, it is just the card insert in the holder that is blue.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, WoodstockGirl said:

My understanding is that it's not simply a difference between using a card or a medallion, but when/if you are using the medallion you are also using your smartphone.  That you have to download apps (more than 1?).... ? That the process is cumbersome if you don't like that sort of thing.....? And not everyone has a smartphone.  Just looking for clarification.  

We have just returned from Crown Princess and do not have smart phones. We used the Medallion the same principle as a cruise card to open/lock your cabin door, purchasing drinks in bars (if you can afford them) and purchasing any items in shops and also when embarking/disembarking ship at ports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, wrl001 said:

What color are the full suites?  Just curious.  Thanks  

Our first cruise was in a full suite and we were at the blue level.  Since then, we have moved to gold.  I believe the suites give you more credits, but you do not get a special color just for being in one.

On 8/28/2019 at 4:21 AM, majortom10 said:

Currently on Crown and if you want matching colour card to match your medallion i.e. Elite then you have to pay 3 dollars once onboard. As standard they are all blue with coloured medallion.

On our last cruise I just took the color card out. I thought it looked much nicer 🙂

On 8/28/2019 at 1:57 AM, Lucky TGO said:

Soon it will only be Medallions. Take a look.

Tony

5AC010E8-C35F-4CAA-B0E9-877E76EF0F1A.jpeg

030C2301-CCCC-4C2A-B13D-7B40A7DE1FD2.jpeg

So I'm supposed to be excited about wearing that stupid looking thing on my wrist?  Do people really wear them?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mek said:

So I'm supposed to be excited about wearing that stupid looking thing on my wrist?  Do people really wear them?

No you don’t have to be excited about it, and you don’t have to wear it, by all reports it works just fine if you stick it in your pocket.

9 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

No you don’t have to be excited about it, and you don’t have to wear it, by all reports it works just fine if you stick it in your pocket.

That’s exactly were I keep my Medallion in my pocket. Endless I have to take it out to get on or off the ship. 

Tony

2 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

That’s exactly were I keep my Medallion in my pocket. Endless I have to take it out to get on or off the ship. 

Tony

Well fortunately it's not on my next cruise, (Grand.)  Why do you have to take it out to get off and on the ship?  I thought it worked like my cars key fob where I don't have to take it out of my purse to unlock the door.  

Edited by mek

2 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

Tony

Inquiring minds want to know......

Do you have to take the medallion out of your pocket to get off the rowboat? 🤔

Bob

1 hour ago, 4x4bob said:

Tony

Inquiring minds want to know......

Do you have to take the medallion out of your pocket to get off the rowboat? 🤔

Bob

Hi Bob,

I was reprimanded last week for taking off topic by Cruise Critic. So I can’t answer your question.

So i’m going to answer (mek) question instead. Post #39 You have to tap the Medallion on a little device getting off or on the ship. Just like you did with your cruise card.

44619E6A-7C53-4C33-ACA3-CC90E7B451FE.jpeg

You have to physically place your OM on the small reader which will change colors when it registers the OM.  It all happens in a few seconds usually.  There will be a crew member to assist you and make sure your OM has been duly recorded.  This is similar to what you are required to do when you buy anything on the ship.  They all have the little readers about the same size as your OM that will be lit up.  

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Bob,

I was reprimanded last week for taking off topic by Cruise Critic. So I can’t answer your question.

So i’m going to answer (mek) question instead. Post #39 You have to tap the Medallion on a little device getting off or on the ship. Just like you did with your cruise card.

44619E6A-7C53-4C33-ACA3-CC90E7B451FE.jpeg

So really not that convenient - if it wasn't necessary to remove it to get off and on the ship then that would be nice. As it I see it , it's just another gimmick that has absolutely no benefit to me. And my personal opinion is the wristband is really lame and ugly.

4 hours ago, mek said:

So really not that convenient - if it wasn't necessary to remove it to get off and on the ship then that would be nice. As it I see it , it's just another gimmick that has absolutely no benefit to me. And my personal opinion is the wristband is really lame and ugly.

Hi mek.

I agree with you about the wristband.

Tony

27 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Tony that picture of the square holder you posted on another thread. Did you order that or purchase onboard?

How much? (is that the $2 one they offer on the app?)

Are these the ones you’re asking about...$3 onboard.  

The only options to preorder for my recently ordered OM were only a $10 notebook or water bottle.

321B5909-99BD-48CE-BF70-E41A6C524DCF.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

55 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Are these the ones you’re asking about...$3 onboard.  

The only options to preorder for my recently ordered OM were only a $10 notebook or water bottle.

321B5909-99BD-48CE-BF70-E41A6C524DCF.jpeg

Yeah that is the one but they offered all the items during sign up. Watchband/necklace/clip etc.

It was $2 pre order but they wanted $6 to ship them.

I am just trying to figure out what comes with it for free.

3 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yeah that is the one but they offered all the items during sign up. Watchband/necklace/clip etc.

It was $2 pre order but they wanted $6 to ship them.

I am just trying to figure out what comes with it for free.

Odd that we only had the Ocean notebook & water bottle as options. 🤔

This is what we’re receiving for free:

16491F02-B814-4496-9812-27A4720C6691.jpeg

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

Odd that we only had the Ocean notebook & water bottle as options. 🤔

This is what we’re receiving for free:

16491F02-B814-4496-9812-27A4720C6691.jpeg

Ok that will work. I just like having something attached to it so I can roll up the lanyard and put it in my pocket. If it is bigger its harder for me to leave somewhere.

19 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Ok that will work. I just like having something attached to it so I can roll up the lanyard and put it in my pocket. If it is bigger its harder for me to leave somewhere.

Another option is to just use the holder which is about 20% smaller than a cruise card...or like you to keep the lanyard attached to be more difficult to lose.  We removed the blue insert & decided to not buy one for $3 in our Captain’s Circle level.

image.jpg

Edited by Astro Flyer