PRINCESS ADDS SECOND INAUGURAL ON SKY PRINCESS

Mapu

In addition to the December 4th Inaugural Sky Princess Getaway just added is a December 1st-4th sailing. In addition the previously "standing room only" December 4th date has many cabins available.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mapu said:

In addition to the December 4th Inaugural Sky Princess Getaway just added is a December 1st-4th sailing. In addition the previously "standing room only" December 4th date has many cabins available.

This was also posted in the 12/4 Roll Call; we added that sailing on in large part to have an "inaugural" experience, and now it seems like a gyp of sorts- can't truly both be inaugural sailings. Not that we won't enjoy ourselves, but we typically sail places to see things (Alaska for the glaciers, Western Caribbean to see Mayan ruins, etc), so the Princess Cays stop isn't really all that exciting for us. Not going to add on yet another 3 day sailing, and had to pull strings at work to get the three extra days off
Just a bit disappointed 😞

dogdoc2002

1 hour ago, dogdoc2002 said:

This was also posted in the 12/4 Roll Call; we added that sailing on in large part to have an "inaugural" experience, and now it seems like a gyp of sorts- can't truly both be inaugural sailings. Not that we won't enjoy ourselves, but we typically sail places to see things (Alaska for the glaciers, Western Caribbean to see Mayan ruins, etc), so the Princess Cays stop isn't really all that exciting for us. Not going to add on yet another 3 day sailing, and had to pull strings at work to get the three extra days off
Just a bit disappointed 😞

dogdoc2002

The 12/1 sailing will not be leaving until 10PM. Boarding will be between 5pm-9pm due to the fact that it will be arriving from Europe and there are additional hoops to jump. What is amazing is how sold out the 12/4 cruise was for so long and now there is a great deal of availability. Princess might have decided against a 3 day preview cruise for agents and other invited guests. 

30 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Probably a cruise filled with partying TA's checking out the new ship.

When the Royal was introduced to the "trade" it was a 2 day cruise to nowhere. Everything was free including gratuities and alcohol. The only extra charges were for specialty restaurants. So by adding the 12/1 cruise it looks like Princess has decided to skip the free cruise for agencies.

1 hour ago, Mapu said:

The 12/1 sailing will not be leaving until 10PM. Boarding will be between 5pm-9pm due to the fact that it will be arriving from Europe and there are additional hoops to jump. What is amazing is how sold out the 12/4 cruise was for so long and now there is a great deal of availability. Princess might have decided against a 3 day preview cruise for agents and other invited guests. 

My guess is that it wasn't sold out. They were keeping space for travel agents until they got a real count. And once they did, they released the cabins. Sometimes large cruise agencies hold conferences that coincide with inaugural getaways.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mapu said:

When the Royal was introduced to the "trade" it was a 2 day cruise to nowhere. Everything was free including gratuities and alcohol. The only extra charges were for specialty restaurants. So by adding the 12/1 cruise it looks like Princess has decided to skip the free cruise for agencies.

There could still be plenty of TA's on board.

1 hour ago, Mapu said:

My guess is there will be plenty of agents onboard. My agent has 2 short cruises booked this fall on inaugural sailings. The Sky Princess is not one of them.

Edited by Coral

I booked the 12/4 'Inaugural' because it was an inaugural. Now I've had to explain to my wife that we got screwed. 

I have a 2020 Princess cruise on the books. I'll cancel that one as soon as I select a Celebrity replacement. 

This was intentional deception or sloppiness. Neither is excusable. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, john_galt said:

I booked the 12/4 'Inaugural' because it was an inaugural. Now I've had to explain to my wife that we got screwed. 

I have a 2020 Princess cruise on the books. I'll cancel that one as soon as I select a Celebrity replacement. 

This happens a lot, not just on Princess. 

The first inaugural cruise is the October cruise in the Med.  The next one is the Transatlantic and then the one out of Fort Lauderdale the first out of the US. I'd be ticked off if I had booked the Dec 4th cruise and now it is the second inaugural. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mapu said:

Late boarding and departure are disappointing!  I am holding a balcony, but reconsidering because of this factor...basically missing an afternoon on board.  I'm going to think on it.  

• Like 1

Wouldn't bother me as a second 'Inaugural'...  I suppose one would get some of the 'Inaugural' experience.  Are they doing the commemorative fancy plate?  We have been looking at the first Caribbean Cruise on the Regal, and this would make an almost back-to-back.  It would be tempting at the new prices to check out the new ship!!!!!   Especially since this date might not be so much of the big group partying TA cruisers.   Or, could that still be an issue...  crowds, areas/venues closed for groups, etc.

Too bad our travel budget is just maxed out.  <sigh>

5 hours ago, john_galt said:

3 hours ago, 1Gizmo said:

The first inaugural cruise is the October cruise in the Med.  The next one is the Transatlantic and then the one out of Fort Lauderdale the first out of the US. I'd be ticked off if I had booked the Dec 4th cruise and now it is the second inaugural. 

Maybe Princess should have sent an email to all Dec 4 customers and apologized to anyone who was specifically looking for an Inaugural voyage and they could change free of charge to the same cabin on Dec 1 if they choose.  If cabin not available, they would get very similar or and upgrade.  Now would they also pay for flight change fees?  That would be a huge compensation move and doubtful, but an incredible PR move.

44 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

What is so amazing about a sold out cruise becoming available again?

They didn’t add another cruise it was always there. 

The December 1st wasn’t ever available for sale.

Im on the TA and then wanted to do a 14 night Caribbean after it but sadly couldn’t do it on the Sky Princess due to the three day gap, so I booked on another ship, final payment for that was last Monday. Now because they have released the 1Dec there is no gap and I could have stayed on board for the whole 28 days. Such a shame.

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

3 days 12/1 - 12/4.  Yes those days were there.    Blank per the website not sold out. 

There was a gap in the schedule until yesterday when the 12/1-12/4 cruise was announced.