Interior with "virtual balcony" question

ryano

For my Alaskan cruise on Ovation next August I have chosen a interior cabin with the virtual balcony.  Accessible oceanview balconies are already sold out and I just thought Id rather have the big screen than paying almost 600.00 pp for an oceanview window.  This is likely a dumb question but is there sound to go with the real time view?  Im assuming no but cant really find a clear answer.  TIA  🙂  

Ryan, we recently came back from Ovation and admit that we took a sneaky peek at a virtual balcony cabin while the door was open and the steward was making up the bed. We politely asked and he invited us in for a moment... it does look real and even he said it was "so cool". He showed us the remote control to turn it on and off.  😊

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Did you choose one of the oversized sideways insides on deck 12 like 12263?  These are square with one side as the bathroom and entryway.  They cost a bit more, but they are well laid out and feel spacious. The only downside is that they have a chair instead of a loveseat.

https://www.icruise.com/cabins/royal-caribbean-cruises-anthem-of-the-seas-cabin-12663.html

15 hours ago, 138east said:

Did you choose one of the oversized sideways insides on deck 12 like 12263?  These are square with one side as the bathroom and entryway.  They cost a bit more, but they are well laid out and feel spacious. The only downside is that they have a chair instead of a loveseat.

https://www.icruise.com/cabins/royal-caribbean-cruises-anthem-of-the-seas-cabin-12663.html

Unfortunately not.  I have to have an accessible cabin and there were only two left.  One on deck 9 which I chose and one on deck 11 I think it was.    Im in 9141 

The ONLY downside to a virtual balcony, IMO, is that it's a blue-tinged light emitting from a screen rather than the yellow-tinged light you get from the natural sun.  That being said, I adore the virtual balcony rooms and will always choose one to save a pretty penny.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hp_slash said:

The ONLY downside to a virtual balcony, IMO, is that it's a blue-tinged light emitting from a screen rather than the yellow-tinged light you get from the natural sun.  That being said, I adore the virtual balcony rooms and will always choose one to save a pretty penny.

Also blue light keeps you awake.

Remember to "turn the window off" 3 hours before you want to be asleep.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:10 AM, ryano said:

Unfortunately not.  I have to have an accessible cabin and there were only two left.  One on deck 9 which I chose and one on deck 11 I think it was.    Im in 9141 

I found this video of a similar accessible inside with a virtual balcony,  It’s at the very of the video.  

On 9/10/2019 at 4:43 PM, 138east said:

That looks cool, but what was Royal thinking? There's a half full glass of wine on the furniture not even by her,  and yet she's on the computer while on vacation! 😀

Edited by ReneeFLL

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

That looks cool, but what was Royal thinking? There's a half full glass of wine on the furniture not even by her,  and yet she's on the computer while on vacation! 😀

That’s a staged photo shot from ICruise.  Here’s a YouTube of a deck 12 inside “square” cabin.  This has become my favorite inside.  Notice all the space in the cabin around the bed.  9 drawers, 2 closets.  Single chair. Desk/makeup space with outlets.  Bathroom does not jut out into the room and the shower is huge.  Overall the room feels really spacious.

We had a virtual balcony on the Navigator and there was definitely sound. On embarcation day, our cabin "faced" port side. We watched the loading of produce etc and heard the beeping as the trucks backed up! We loved our virtual balcony, it was such fun. 

On 9/10/2019 at 9:43 PM, 138east said:

Was in  Cabin 12663 last October on her last cruise out of Tianjin to Singapore. Great cabin it is really spacious, even with the beds separated. Good location as well. Loved the virtual balcony.

Edited by Polar_penguin