Is Adventure more than just...meh?

micmacmissy

We were on the Adventure in August 2018 and had a great time.  Some folks think she  is just the right size- not too big or small.  We ate at both of the specialty restaurants (Chops and Giovanni's) and thought they were great with excellent food and service.  I would sail on her again.  She is well loved and taken care of.

1 minute ago, micmacmissy said:

6 night.  In January.  Thoughts on that?  The price is definitely right!

micmacmissy, I am currently on the Adventure on the second half of a B2B, Cape Liberty to Quebec and back again.

I am booked for the six night Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in March, and I am strongly looking forward to it.  It's a nice little itinerary, but I'm staying on for the following 8 night, too, because that is a FANTASTIC itinerary.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

micmacmissy, I am currently on the Adventure on the second half of a B2B, Cape Liberty to Quebec and back again.

I am booked for the six night Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in March, and I am strongly looking forward to it.  It's a nice little itinerary, but I'm staying on for the following 8 night, too, because that is a FANTASTIC itinerary.

Great!  Good to know...that cruise might be the winner then!  Until i'm retired, no B2Bs for me!

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've sailed Adventure several times from San Juan and Ft. Lauderdale. Never been disappointed with any of those cruises. My only complaint is the entertainment. The shows have not been changed out in years, maybe not even since the ship went into service. But I know to expect that when I book the ship.

I think you and I have discussed this before...having lived in NYC, we pretty much avoid all cruise ship "entertainment".  😉  (We avoid the pizza, too!)

Edited by micmacmissy

7 minutes ago, micmacmissy said:

I think you and I have discussed this before...having lived in NYC, we pretty much avoid all cruise ship "entertainment".  😉  (We avoid the pizza, too!)

The pizza has improved.

Some of the fly-in entertainment is good.  The ice show is wonderful.  The cast of the production shows can make a difference in how you perceive the quality of the shows.  I have been enjoying them, even though I have seen them before.

19 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

We are on the 6 day in December. Its meh. 

8 night is fabulous. 4 sea days and the ABC's

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We are on the 6 day in December. Its meh. 

8 night is fabulous. 4 sea days and the ABC's

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The 8 is better. Our 6 night in December is Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman. We booked it for the VP suite.

John, not everyone has been to the Caribbean ports as many times as you have.

Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman are lovely ports of call.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, micmacmissy said:

And don't forget Labadee  you avoid Labadee....  😉

We're booked on Adventure. 

We've been doing old a small ships lately after years of big ones.  My wife adores the small ships,  I like big.  We think Adventure is going to be the happy medium. 

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The 8 is better. Our 6 night in December is Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman. We booked it for the VP suite.

We are in the sailing with you and we wanted a VP for this sailing b/c we had one on Freedom last year and it was AMAZING!!  When we booked all the way in August of last year the 2 VPS were gone ( so you got one:)).  We are in one  of the new JS so I am sure it will be ok too.  My friend is doing the 8 day after us and I am jealous b/c I love the Southern ABC...I wish we could get more time off work so we could of done a B2B with her.  I am really looking forward to this cruise and the ports too!

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

John, not everyone has been to the Caribbean ports as many times as you have.

Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman are lovely ports of call.

Agree.  We're on the 8 night in October, then 8/6 night B2B in February (all on Adventure).  We prefer the eastern ports, but there's nothing wrong with western.  We did a private jeep tour in Cozumel last winter that is probably in our top 5 cruise port days.  Our guide was amazing and he showed us a GREAT time that day. 

Edited by bouhunter

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

I just sailed last week and it was much worse than Ovation a few months ago and about the same as about 18 months ago.

Maybe they reverted back to the old pizza in order to decrease demand, shorten lines, and to inhance our cruise experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, micmacmissy said:

I completely understand the pizza comment.  It's the same reason I hardly ever order BBQ ribs anywhere.  They hardly ever live up to what I can do myself.  It's a passion of mine, and has been one of my favorite meals since childhood.

8 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

And don't forget Labadee  you avoid Labadee....  😉

We're booked on Adventure. 

We've been doing old a small ships lately after years of big ones.  My wife adores the small ships,  I like big.  We think Adventure is going to be the happy medium. 

Love, Love, Love the 8 and 9 night ABC itineraries, but I think skipping Labadee is a negative.  (Love chilling at Columbus Cove).  The ABC itineraries out of Florida are at the VERY TIPPY TOP of our desired cruises.  (Especially if they are on a Freedom or Voyager Class ship).  Our 9 night ABC cruise this past March on the newly AMPED Navigator will be hard to ever top.  It was just simply amazing.   I'm super bummer that our spring break schedule this upcoming March doesn't line up with a week that the Adventure is doing an 8 night ABC.  We're "stuck" doing the Liberty out of Galveston to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica.  Still a decent combo and we we really like the Liberty when we sailed her early 2018.

Dan

6 hours ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

We are in the sailing with you and we wanted a VP for this sailing b/c we had one on Freedom last year and it was AMAZING!!  When we booked all the way in August of last year the 2 VPS were gone ( so you got one:)).  We are in one  of the new JS so I am sure it will be ok too.  My friend is doing the 8 day after us and I am jealous b/c I love the Southern ABC...I wish we could get more time off work so we could of done a B2B with her.  I am really looking forward to this cruise and the ports too!

Hmm...what is a VP?

1 hour ago, micmacmissy said:

Hmm...what is a VP?

One of the two suites above the bridge. 

Used to be the Family Panoramics. 

No balcony, but full suite benefits 

Typically priced between JS and GS

Edited by John&LaLa