How early can you board in Miami?

Misssmb

Oceania arranged our air and our flight lands at 9:30 AM. We will grab our luggage and head over to the port. Do you think we will have to sit and wait for awhile?  We do have a PH cabin, so I know boarding for that is a little earlier. 

Your blue book and final cruise summary should have the boarding time listed.  Our blue book just arrived and our boarding time is 11:00 AM for our PH cabin.  Although you might have a bit of a wait, there isn’t really enough time to do any serious sightseeing in Miami.  If you plan to explore before sailing be sure to check your sail away time.  I’ve noticed that ours is one hour earlier than we’ve had before and I believe you are expected to be on board at least an hour before that.  We like to board as early as possible.  It’s a vacation day😄

9 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

Your blue book and final cruise summary should have the boarding time listed.  Our blue book just arrived and our boarding time is 11:00 AM for our PH cabin.  Although you might have a bit of a wait, there isn’t really enough time to do any serious sightseeing in Miami.  If you plan to explore before sailing be sure to check your sail away time.  I’ve noticed that ours is one hour earlier than we’ve had before and I believe you are expected to be on board at least an hour before that.  We like to board as early as possible.  It’s a vacation day😄

Thank you! Been to Miami several times so no need to explore! We will grab our bags and head over! Is it November yet?! 

29 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

If you plan to explore before sailing be sure to check your sail away time.  I’ve noticed that ours is one hour earlier than we’ve had before and I believe you are expected to be on board at least an hour before that.  We like to board as early as possible.  It’s a vacation day😄

In US ports of embarkation you NEED to be onboard  90 mins prior to sail away

Call me dense, but I truly don’t understand why the boarding time given each passenger, in their blue book, is so difficult to comprehend. ???

Boarding time 11:00.

Boarding time 13:00.

What part of that is beyond the intellectual grasp of an Oceania cruiser? Obviously many, because the question is constantly asked. 

I often read these goofy posts about how Oceania cruisers are more sophisticated than mass market cruisers, then we get posts that say “ My documents say I’m to board at 13:00 but can I really board at 9:30? Really scares me about the sophistication of mass market cruisers if O cruisers can’t read simple boarding instructions!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Call me dense, but I truly don’t understand why the boarding time given each passenger, in their blue book, is so difficult to comprehend. ???

Boarding time 11:00.

Boarding time 13:00.

What part of that is beyond the intellectual grasp of an Oceania cruiser? Obviously many, because the question is constantly asked. 

I often read these goofy posts about how Oceania cruisers are more sophisticated than mass market cruisers, then we get posts that say “ My documents say I’m to board at 13:00 but can I really board at 9:30? Really scares me about the sophistication of mass market cruisers if O cruisers can’t read simple boarding instructions!

Wow! I don’t think you have any right to be so rude! I didn’t receive my Blue book before I wrote my post and I have never cruised out of Miami before, so forgive me for annoying you with my question! I thought maybe another fellow Oceania cruiser who has sailed out of there could give me some insite on what to expect upon arrival. I tend to ask questions out of excitement of my upcoming trip, but if my fellow passengers are like you, I would rather stay home!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Misssmb said:

Wow! I don’t think you have any right to be so rude! I didn’t receive my Blue book before I wrote my post and I have never cruised out of Miami before, so forgive me for annoying you with my question! I thought maybe another fellow Oceania cruiser who has sailed out of there could give me some insite on what to expect upon arrival. I tend to ask questions out of excitement of my upcoming trip, but if my fellow passengers are like you, I would rather stay home!!!

For months now, for a cruise in December, I've had my embarkation time in my booking info.  In addition it's available to the public.  So you don't have that?

"Priority Noon ship embarkation"

17 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

It's a long trek to Baggage Claim, then the transport to the port.  Probably won't be there much before 11am anyway.  Got to do it myself in Nov., but we are going in the day before.  EM

This pretty much sums it up. By the time you deplane, get luggage, get a cab or Uber, drive to the port you’re there right around 11

15 hours ago, ropomo said:

If you embark at Terminal J, the port map indicates there is a Starbucks about a half block away.

That’s actually right across the street. That is where Uber and Lyft pickup and drop off. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clo said:

For months now, for a cruise in December, I've had my embarkation time in my booking info.  In addition it's available to the public.  So you don't have that?

"Priority Noon ship embarkation"

Yes! I know that! I guess I should have reworded my post to say guests with past experience boarding in Miami, do you think I will be able to board early if I get there early?! I certainly don’t believe I deserve to be attacked for asking a question!!!  If you are sick of people writing the same thing, why do you even bother to scroll the boards?! It’s ok to be excited and ask stupid questions. Kindness matters! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ORV said:

This pretty much sums it up. By the time you deplane, get luggage, get a cab or Uber, drive to the port you’re there right around 11

That’s actually right across the street. That is where Uber and Lyft pickup and drop off. 

Thank you kindly for your answer! I have never cruised out of there before and it’s been years since I have flown into Miami.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Misssmb said:

Yes! I know that! I guess I should have reworded my post to say guests with past experience boarding in Miami, do you think I will be able to board early if I get there early?! I certainly don’t believe I deserve to be attacked for asking a question!!!  If you are sick of people writing the same thing, why do you even bother to scroll the boards?! It’s ok to be excited and ask stupid questions. Kindness matters! 

I don't think that people have to be so nit picky. The purpose of these boards is to ask questions.  Some of us already know the answers but those that are new to these boards may not.  WE should be here to help and not get snarky.   Kindness does matter.  Lets all have a great trip.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, RJB said:

I don't think that people have to be so nit picky. The purpose of these boards is to ask questions.  Some of us already know the answers but those that are new to these boards may not.  WE should be here to help and not get snarky.   Kindness does matter.  Lets all have a great trip.

Thank you! I appreciate that! ❤️

• Like 2

Just to add  FWIW

I do not think you can board earlier than 11 am   no matter  what cabin cat you have

Suites & PH  board first  & sometimes depending on the crowds  they may allow others to board prior to their  allocated  time 

it just depends on those in charge

We have been there early & waited  & now we just go after 1pm  when  the rush is usually over

YMMV

• Like 1

Missmb, enjoy your O cruise!

Our last cruise out of Miami, riviera 3/19, there was a delay in boarding. Something about the zero count, not all B2B passengers were off yet, maybe?  Not sure, but we had a wait. 

Also, if an inspection was being done or a late arrival into port could impact on boarding time. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

Yes, there is a very large area with lots of natural light and restrooms.  Chairs in rows and at least 10 agent booths for check in. One check in starts, it moves along. Enjoy!

Good info - it will be our first time using Terminal J as well.  Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RJB said:

Thank You as well.  This can be a tough crowd.  Maybe they should just skip reading the things they think are stupid or foolish.

Many of us are new to O and will have LOTS of questions which is the purpose of CC.  Perhaps the few that have all the answers and think we are stupid to be asking questions can create their own board and talk amongst themselves?  

To anyone who does see this post ask any questions you want to and when someone tries to tear your head off put them on ignore.   Thank You RJB for being the voice of reason.

• Like 3