Cruise Information Booklet

SeaJane

We are sailing on Arcadia on 10th October and phoned P&O as we realised that we had not received the usual pre-cruise booklet and luggage labels. Apparently our cruise has been selected as part of a trial to not issue the booklets. They offered to send the contents electronically and they have agreed to send some luggage labels! Unfortunately this looks like another case of P&O cost cutting and it seems they hadn’t even bothered to let us know of the change. 

9 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

Thank you Andy that is interesting. We’ve always received one so far including our last cruise on Aurora in April. 

I wonder if we opted out or something, but we never got them when we booked direct and there didn't seem to be an option, other than print off your own luggage labels. 

We were surprised when the booklet arrived for our next one. 

Andy 

4 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

We have always booked direct and this is the first time we’ve not received it. Printing paper luggage labels is not ideal as they are not as durable as the P&O issued ones.

We have become masters of the laminator and stapler.. 

As I said, we probably, unwittingly pressed a button to opt out. 

Andy

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We have little plastic gizmos which attach to the case to put the paper labels into, quite handy. You can but them online and it saves a lot of faffing about.

Thanks for that it sounds a very good idea. 

I always book direct and always get the booklet.

I've even received one for 10th October re-arranged Oceana cruise.

So it has nothing to do with TA's, just must be a trial like stated. The only thing to do is complain if it happens to you. Then they may stop it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, happy v said:

So it has nothing to do with TA's, just must be a trial like stated. The only thing to do is complain if it happens to you. Then they may stop it.

Goodness knows why we didn't. I really thought they had stopped it a long time ago. 

Andy

16 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Yet another reason to use a good TA, who will happily send you what you need. 

I hate all this pennypinching - P&O get all the money, without the agent's commission, you spend thousands of pounds, and they can't send out a few bits of paper.  Some customer service that is!

The cruise booklet for our Arcadia cruise at the end of November, booked with P&O directly, arrived last week. Choosing to ‘go green’ on the cruise personaliser or printing the booklet at home from the cruise personaliser, cancels the postal printed copy. This is made clear in the relevant section of the personaliser. Maybe opting out of postal communications from P&O also includes the cruise booklet. 

As your dissatisfaction levels with P&O appear to have risen again Harry, judging by this and other threads, perhaps now you will cancel any cruises remaining from those you neglected to cancel last time your levels were this high.

Edited by pete14
Spelling
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, happy v said:

We are on Oceana on 27th October and haven’t yet received our booklet but lots on the same cruise are posting they received theirs on Friday. Going to phone and find out if it doesn’t arrive today. 

4 hours ago, boycie said:

I have found that you don't get labels or booklet if you book safer fare , but allways get them on select fares .

See we didn't get them on our last select fare or 2 of our 3 saver fares, but did in the other saver... 

Seems to be no rhyme or reason. 

Andy 

6 hours ago, boycie said:

I have found that you don't get labels or booklet if you book safer fare , but allways get them on select fares .

We always book select and as I said before have always had the booklet until this cruise. We receive everything else through the post so I am inclined to believe that as my husband was told on the phone this is a trial for Arcadia’s 10th October cruise.

I have always recieved a cruise information booklet from P&O, and have recieved one for my next cruise on Oceana on 3 Oct. But I have always booked via my travel agent with whom I have been booking since before online booking became possible. They do everything from the actual booking to getting my tickets and I only use Cruise Personaliser to insert or check personal details, never to download and print. I suspect that that may be the knub of the problem. That if you download P&O regard you as having gone "paperless" and assumes that you do not want any paper documentation; you will do everything online.

I think it is sad that they don't issue them. We love to receive ours through the post and sadly we put all of our tour stickers on it and have saved them all. We also love the Captain's Logs that we get at the end of a cruise. Bet they will be next. On Celebrity we don't get them and having to download your brochure and print your luggage labels on to card etc etc isn't the same and is a right pain.