Drink package ( alcohol )

Hi, 

first time on RC going on the Symphony in about 8 days. Thinking of purchasing the package. Wondering what everyone’s experiences are with this. Is it truly unlimited? Is there a time frame that you have to wait before drinks? Can I order more than one drink like a shot and a beer at the same time. Any info would be helpful. Thank you.  

Yes truly unlimited, unless you are incapacitated or obnoxiously intoxicated. 

Inhave never ordered a red a shot and a beer at once, but I know there is no problem with “doubles” in your cocktails. 

I’ve never had any issues with “wait times” between drinks. 

Most everything I order on a regular basis is covered by the plan. Occasionally I’ll order a high end scotch or bourbon, or a glass of wine over the limit and will need to pay the difference but that’s rare (for me at least) 

For me personally, I have never had any regret over money spent on the deluxe package. 

• Like 1

Truly unlimited, but the bartender has the final word if they think you have had too much (i.e. if you are visibly intoxicated they can refuse to serve you)

Ordering multiple drinks at one time may depend on the bartender; I've never had an issue ordering a non-alcoholic and an alcoholic at the same time, or a glass of wine and cocktail at the same time while having dinner. 

Sharing is not allowed and if you are caught ordering multiple drinks in order to share with somebody who doesn't have the package you can have the package terminated with no refund and even be required to pay for all drinks you've ordered so far on the cruise.

38 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Inhave never ordered a red a shot and a beer at once, but I know there is no problem with “doubles” in your cocktails. 

We just got off of the Harmony last Sunday.  We were not allowed to get "doubles" this time.  It was never a problem in the past. The drinks were not as potent, either. Perhaps it is just on the Harmony.  We think the unlimited drink package is a good deal, especially if you get a good sale price before getting onboard.  

So we are a party of 11 all with the Delux drinks package. Will we each have to hand over our cards when it's time for another round?

it would be easier if they gave us buckets of Peroni  for us 6 guys. Could they do that to free up their time during busy bar periods?

24 minutes ago, Esprit said:

So we are a party of 11 all with the Delux drinks package. Will we each have to hand over our cards when it's time for another round?

it would be easier if they gave us buckets of Peroni  for us 6 guys. Could they do that to free up their time during busy bar periods?

Yes, one drink per card.

They will give you a bucket as long as you present one card per beer.

23 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I think there's no other option even with a group as big!

Saying that, if you've got a good skilled bartender then he/she may have a system to make re-ordering as simple as possible!

• Like 1

From reading other post some people did say if you had the other person's sail card they would give you the drink.  So one of you could go up there with all the cards ask for 6 with a bucket and then just take turns going up there.  Or if you go to the same person they might remember you and just need one card for him to go off of.

• Like 2

We always get package, only restrictions is can not order two drinks at same time , unless you have two cruise cards with drink package, also normally no doubles, but we were able to get doubles on one cruise. There is a cap of 12 or 13 dollars for drinks which covers at least 95 percent of drinks. We go over sometimes with wine if we want a 16 dollar glass of wine and ships limit is 13 you pay just the extra 3 and the tip on the 3. Really high end scotch like Johnny Walker blue will be extra , but you can drink from early morning to late night no restrictions on number of drinks like some other lines. Enjoy 

Edited by George C

Work out a relationship with your bartenders early on.  Bring your spouse and her SS card and let them know you both have the package.  After a few transactions they won't even need to see your cards as they know the cabin # or whatever they have to input to the system.  Smile and be friendly......it goes a long way with the bar staff.  A little grease helps.

• Like 6

If you want a double, could you ask for your mixed drink (rum and coke) and then ask for a single shot of the same rum?  Then you pour the shot into the drink yourself. Technically not a double.

Is this allowed?  That way, you do not have to drink as much extra soda.

3 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

If you want a double, could you ask for your mixed drink (rum and coke) and then ask for a single shot of the same rum?  Then you pour the shot into the drink yourself. Technically not a double.

Is this allowed?  That way, you do not have to drink as much extra soda.

That will work if you have two cards with drink package,  I sometimes drink double scotch etc , I asked them just to pour both in same glass

1 minute ago, George C said:

That will work if you have two cards with drink package,  I sometimes drink double scotch etc , I asked them just to pour both in same glass

If it is truly unlimited and there is no time limit in between drinks, why do you need 2 cards.

16 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

If it is truly unlimited and there is no time limit in between drinks, why do you need 2 cards.

Because they are trying to eliminate people who cheat and are ordering for someone who does not have the package.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hrmkr said:

They will only give one drink at a time that is intended for one person.

20 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

We love the drink package, however, our luck on getting “doubles” has been inconsistent.  DH always asks for a double bourbon, and only gets it about half the time.  The other half, the bartender says “Sorry, we can’t do that with the drink package”

20 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We just got off of the Harmony last Sunday.  We were not allowed to get "doubles" this time.  It was never a problem in the past. The drinks were not as potent, either. Perhaps it is just on the Harmony.  We think the unlimited drink package is a good deal, especially if you get a good sale price before getting onboard.  

We ran into this on Grandeur last April.  Some bartenders would not pour doubles, and stated it was policy.

I was trying to get doubles of Bailey's to take back to the cabin late night.

• Like 1

I don't order doubles, and I've typically seen people ask and be turned down.  Having said that, I get the max out of my pkg, stick to same bars over course of a trip and your pours are likley to get a little heavier within reason, if you are polite and engaging with the bar staff. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 3:33 PM, biomedbob said:

Work out a relationship with your bartenders early on.  Bring your spouse and her SS card and let them know you both have the package.  After a few transactions they won't even need to see your cards as they know the cabin # or whatever they have to input to the system.  Smile and be friendly......it goes a long way with the bar staff.  A little grease helps.

Exactly this.  

• Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 11:34 AM, RoperDK said:

Got off Allure 9/22 and no doubles in the pub. Not sure if that was ship wide or not.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:51 PM, George C said:

It didn't work for one guy on Allure even though he had second card. Of course he poured one into the other right in front of the bartender and left the second glass. Next round up, the bartender said no unless he was accompanied by the second card owner. Some times you need to be a little discreet.

1 hour ago, Big_G said:

It didn't work for one guy on Allure even though he had second card. Of course he poured one into the other right in front of the bartender and left the second glass. Next round up, the bartender said no unless he was accompanied by the second card owner. Some times you need to be a little discreet.

I have told bartender just put them both in same glass and had no problem, the one cruise they told me I didn’t need to cards to get a double, but that was just one cruise.

9 hours ago, George C said:

I have told bartender just put them both in same glass and had no problem, the one cruise they told me I didn’t need to cards to get a double, but that was just one cruise.

Hence the phrase 'tip your bartenders well.'

• Like 1