Alchemy Bar

4evercruiser

10 minutes ago, 4evercruiser said:

Hi, everyone!

My hubby and I will be cruising on the Legend Nov. 3rd-10th. We are interested in giving the Alchemy Bar a try and was wondering what others have thought about the drinks served in the Alchemy Bar. 

We enjoyed this bar on a different ship (Inspiration) and I am a fan. We went a couple of nights and it was the popular spot. the bartenders crate a fabulous adventure with rinks. One bartender created a drink asking what things I enjoyed and it was spectacular. 

One of the best reasons to cruise on Carnival.  Walk in the first night - introduce yourself and tell the bartender to make something up.  For the rest of the cruise, the bartender will remember your name, keep making you different drinks or the same one if you loved it.  Hands down our favorite!  We go before dinner, after dinner, after a show and before the piano bar - also a favorite of ours.  go - you won't be sorry!!

Love the Alchemy! The bartenders are great about whipping up custom drinks, and some of them on the menu are great too. The Deal Closer is like dessert in a glass!!! Here are a few pics from our recent cruise. 

The one on the right is the Deal Closer, and I think the left was the Quick Fix?

94482983-D7A2-4FE3-92CD-B0EEA8E0D583.jpeg

my custom drink...I told the bartender I liked pineapple but NOT the spicy pineapple chipotle drink. This was AMAZING!!

CCECCB27-842A-4359-86BA-148AD35D7BA1.jpeg

perfect storm

798E9E19-C0F3-4E7C-924F-99407FB38C55.jpeg

Edited by pirate4me2
  • Like 3

Alchemy Bar is the best bar on Carnival ships in my opinion. However, drinks can be subjective like food. We have cruised with friends before who didn’t like the bar, but that was because they weren’t fans of martinis and martini like drinks. We just got off Liberty this morning and spent between 4-5 hours at Alchemy every day (technically late afternoon and at night). 

9 hours ago, Chervil said:

Love the drinks in the Alchemy bar!
Also, this last cruise we took the Whiskey Class and had a great time!

Definitely worth the money (I'll probably do a review on it later) and I highly recommend it!

Chervil, I would love to read your review of the Whiskey Class. I've heard of it, but would like to know more. 

Thank you all for the great tips! Hubby and I are looking for a place to enjoy a couple of drinks before dinner during the cruise and the Alchemy Bar may end up being our go-to place. One last question. Are the drinks served in the Alchemy Bar covered under the Cheers package? Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Chervil, I would love to read your review of the Whiskey Class. I've heard of it, but would like to know more. 

Then fear not fellow cruiser and whiskey appreciator as you can find it here:

I ended up writing the review and posting it last night.
Hope you enjoy it!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 4evercruiser said:

Thank you all for the great tips! Hubby and I are looking for a place to enjoy a couple of drinks before dinner during the cruise and the Alchemy Bar may end up being our go-to place. One last question. Are the drinks served in the Alchemy Bar covered under the Cheers package? Thanks!

They are!
The "chemists" are great and the only disappointment I have had with any of their drinks is that the Moscow Mule was not served in a copper cup, but a glass.
Other than that, everything is above and beyond!

It's a fantastic bar. The servers are fun. It's very sociable. Drinks are great. It's a staple for any cruise for us.

With that said, these are not drinks I want to drink all day. Maybe 1-2 cocktails, then it's back to straight whiskey. Too much sugar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chervil said:

They are!
The "chemists" are great and the only disappointment I have had with any of their drinks is that the Moscow Mule was not served in a copper cup, but a glass.
Other than that, everything is above and beyond!

Many bars do not use these because people take them, and add a huge expense

1 minute ago, Joebucks said:

Many bars do not use these because people take them, and add a huge expense

That's understandable and honestly wasn't that big a deal.
Shame that a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us!

On ANY Carnival ship I sail on, the first thing I check out is the location of the Alchemy Bar and it's hours of operation.  I have seen the hours vary from ship to ship.  I don't like sweet drinks.  ANY thing I order from any other bar has lots and lots of sugar in it.  At the Alchemy Bar, they are very kind to listen to my likes and dislikes and have served me some of the best drinks I've ever had.  My favorite is the strawberry infused vodka, mixed with fresh lime/lemon juice with a "slap" of basil.  YUMMMMM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coevan said:

You don't drink all day? You can't say you drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Maybe the referenced poster doesn’t start drinking until later in the day??? One thing I know I can say is a drink from the Alchemy Bar has never been my first drink of the day on any Carnival ship/cruise. 

BTW, we just got off Liberty this morning and ate at the Steakhouse last night. At most 1/3rd of the tables were seated while we were there, which is consistent with your experiences at steakhouses.  Also, no one was at the bar in the Steakhouse, which sort of surprised us, since these bars can usually give the Alchemy Bar a run for the money, especially with the brands of alcohol they usually have there.