The Key dropped to $16.99 for my two 2020 cruises

The Key on our Brilliance 7-night Med cruise was $19.99, and just the other day it dropped to $17.99, so I cancelled and rebooked.  Right now as we speak, it inched up to $18.99.

I booked it because we are on a port intensive cruise with two tender ports.  Just the convenience of getting off the ship earlier is worth it for me, not to mention the internet.  The lunch is a plus, but won't be able to take advantage of breakfast and early disembarkation since we are staying on for a B2B.   🍷

57 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Just rebooked The Key for $16.99/day for my two 2020 cruises, down from $19.99/day.

Thanks, just cancelled and re bought (B2B)

Radiance 5-15-2020 and Radiance 5-22-2020

As a solo for me it makes sense, figure 1 device internet at $12 on sale in the future is $84 and a $35 chops lunch equals $119 which is what the Key cost. All other benefits are gravy.

Mine are 5-16 Independence and 9-26 Granduer... they were disparate enough thought should send a notification. Happy to help even one other person. I'm also a solo who would want the internet. Don't want this to be a debate about whether it's worth it.. there's a whole other thread for that.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

20 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Mine are 5-16 Independence and 9-26 Granduer... they were disparate enough thought should send a notification. Happy to help even one other person. I'm also a solo who would want the internet. Don't want this to be a debate about whether it's worth it.. there's a whole other thread for that.

For singles it’s a deal at less than $20

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wine-O said:

The Key on our Brilliance 7-night Med cruise was $19.99, and just the other day it dropped to $17.99, so I cancelled and rebooked.  Right now as we speak, it inched up to $18.99.

I booked it because we are on a port intensive cruise with two tender ports.  Just the convenience of getting off the ship earlier is worth it for me, not to mention the internet.  The lunch is a plus, but won't be able to take advantage of breakfast and early disembarkation since we are staying on for a B2B.   🍷

I am also considering it for the "port intensive cruise with two tender ports". Not sure how big a difference it can make.

If not solo, everyone in the room has to get it? 

2 hours ago, jennyumaa said:

I am also considering it for the "port intensive cruise with two tender ports". Not sure how big a difference it can make.

Yes

Funny how they have it priced I am book on Rhapsody for a TA next year and it is 16.99, there will be no big line for the shows since the cruise is pretty long, only a couple of ports no tenders.  Like people have said for a single cabin it can work out pretty well for 2 people on a longer cruise  I don't see any value.

Down to $16.99 on my Med cruise next year on Jewel.  Thanks for the heads up.

For those saying it's not worth it.  That's opinion.  But at $16.99 it's a no brainer.   We get internet anyways.  And the 2 person plan for internet is just $2.75/day less than The Key per person.  Add in Chops lunch which has a $24 value (and we want on embarkation day), on our 12 night sailing, The Key is costing about $9 per person, total, not per day.  At that price, why the heck not?  Lots of ports.  Even if it didn't come in handy, the risk is $9.

• Like 2

It went to $16.99 on the brilliance TA crossing in a couple of weeks. Still not worth it for us. Our flight is 530pm out of tampa so we plan to hang on the ship until they chase us out. I may bite at it in the future if it goes down to $10 a person and throws in a couple of free drinks a day. I just dont see the benefit of it for us at this time especially with smaller ships.

48 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

It went to $16.99 on the brilliance TA crossing in a couple of weeks. Still not worth it for us. Our flight is 530pm out of tampa so we plan to hang on the ship until they chase us out. I may bite at it in the future if it goes down to $10 a person and throws in a couple of free drinks a day. I just dont see the benefit of it for us at this time especially with smaller ships.

Not on a TA.  But on a port heavy cruise with priority tendering could be worth it.  On Symphony we got it.  Lots of entertainment so priority seating may come in handy amont other things.  

I agree. I would probably consider it if it was one of the newer or bigger ships with tenders. And if the price was right. We have it at $24.99 on our enchantment cruise which was originally at $31 cruising out of san Juan in November of 2020 for a 7 day cruise. With no tenders and a small ship. It's just insane. It works for some people and that's great for them but just not yet for us.

22 hours ago, BNBR said:

Down to $16.99 on my Med cruise next year on Jewel.  Thanks for the heads up.

For those saying it's not worth it.  That's opinion.  But at $16.99 it's a no brainer.   We get internet anyways.  And the 2 person plan for internet is just $2.75/day less than The Key per person.  Add in Chops lunch which has a $24 value (and we want on embarkation day), on our 12 night sailing, The Key is costing about $9 per person, total, not per day.  At that price, why the heck not?  Lots of ports.  Even if it didn't come in handy, the risk is $9.

Agreed and that doesn't even add in the value of the priority debarkation - that's where we found the greatest value on our recent Grandeur cruise - we were called right after the self-service group - got taken to customs as a group (with dedicated agents), then picked up our luggage - from the time we got off the ship and in to the van to head home, was less than 10 minutes...

• Like 2

On 10/18/2019 at 10:09 PM, AlanF65 said:

Thanks, just cancelled and re bought (B2B)

Radiance 5-15-2020 and Radiance 5-22-2020

As a solo for me it makes sense, figure 1 device internet at $12 on sale in the future is $84 and a $35 chops lunch equals $119 which is what the Key cost. All other benefits are gravy.

I have always seen $21 for lunch in Chops.

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have always seen $21 for lunch in Chops.

Not sure where I heard the $35, I never actually looked online but for my cruise its $21,99 so for this exercise its $22,

So if I can buy internet on sale at last years price of $12 then I am out $13 if I don't use any of the other benefits.

For $13 I will try it and see.

image.png.61cc553718ab019ba2e5203e20ae9672.png

I know last year when I got off Ovation the wait for a cab was close to 2 hours and I missed my noon flight so changed it and that cost me $400, won't have that problem this time but the early off is a benefit for those of us without "status".

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 2:14 PM, jennyumaa said:

The actual rule/wording is "everyone in the cabin 6 years old and up".