Booking an actual cruise while on board?

WrittenOnYourHeart

Can you book an actual specific cruise while on board? Like with an actual date and itinerary. As opposed to a generic "sometime in the future I want to use this" thing.

Granted this depends on a) the cruises offered for summer 2021 (that will be my 50th birthday, and while I've got something tentatively booked with another line, there are a couple of itineraries offered in 2020 over the date that I would LOVE to do if they're offered - my upcoming cruise is not until Feb, and I know from here the itineraries will be out at the end of November) and b) assuming I like Celebrity as much as everyone says I will. 

Also, if I book on board, would it automatically be credited/assigned to my TA? She is awesome, and I'd definitely want her named on it.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Can you book an actual specific cruise while on board? Like with an actual date and itinerary. As opposed to a generic "sometime in the future I want to use this" thing.

Granted this depends on a) the cruises offered for summer 2021 (that will be my 50th birthday, and while I've got something tentatively booked with another line, there are a couple of itineraries offered in 2020 over the date that I would LOVE to do if they're offered - my upcoming cruise is not until Feb, and I know from here the itineraries will be out at the end of November) and b) assuming I like Celebrity as much as everyone says I will. 

Also, if I book on board, would it automatically be credited/assigned to my TA? She is awesome, and I'd definitely want her named on it.

Thanks!

w - Yes, you can book a specific sailing and cabin, if available while on-board. There will be incentives to do so, as well.

Yes, any booking made aboard will be automatically sent to your current TA (the TA that booked the current sailing).

bon voyage

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks!

Yes, you can book any sailing that X has on sale at the time. That is what we usually do. You get additional OBC based on what cabin you book/length of the sailing and its a $100 deposit per person. It will most likely be automatically assigned your TA. However, lately I've noticed the future cruise staff on board has asked if we would like this done. If nothing else just make sure to tell them this is your wish as it will be on file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

w - Yes, you can book a specific sailing and cabin, if available while on-board. There will be incentives to do so, as well.

Yes, any booking made aboard will be automatically sent to your current TA (the TA that booked the current sailing).

bon voyage

3 minutes ago, prim8keeper said:

Yes, you can book any sailing that X has on sale at the time. That is what we usually do. You get additional OBC based on what cabin you book/length of the sailing and its a $100 deposit per person. It will most likely be automatically assigned your TA. However, lately I've noticed the future cruise staff on board has asked if we would like this done. If nothing else just make sure to tell them this is your wish as it will be on file.

Thank you both! I know on another line I've been able to book a specific date and have it applied to the TA I booked with - just wanted to make sure as it seems most people I see mention it on here are getting "future cruise certificates" or something not specific. So I just wanted to make sure. 

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you both! I know on another line I've been able to book a specific date and have it applied to the TA I booked with - just wanted to make sure as it seems most people I see mention it on here are getting "future cruise certificates" or something not specific. So I just wanted to make sure. 

w -  I, personally, think that FCC's purchases are not all that frequent as opposed to those who post here about not being able to use them for whatever reason for when they want for how they want and how the use was explained or not to them...

At any rate, not to worry..

bon voyage

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks!

We just finished the New England / Canada cruise on the Summit. I put a deposit on a future cruise that must be booked (by our agent) by end of December. It can be used on any cruise between April 2020 and May 2021. The future cruise rep onboard assured me that the 2020 and 2021 sailing dates and itineraries will be available online by December. So we have a "future cruise certificate" at present. Some of the deals offered while onboard are pretty good - ours is supposed to have an extra $300 OBC in addition to whatever other OBC is normally included depending on the cruise length and room category. Best wishes to you in finding what you want. 

I think you'll be pleased with Celebrity. This was our 3rd sailing with them and all have been enjoyable. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

We always book all our future cruises while onboard. With Celebrity we always get a bottle of wine for each Celebrity booking, the additional onboard booking OBC, reduced deposit and put in a drawing for a prize. Never won any of those. I always tell the person I'm booking with the month and day, ship, itinerary, stateroom number, dining preference (SD) and not to transfer the booking(s) to the TA on file. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

We always used to ignore the Future Cruise sales onboard - until we found out it is one way (the only way?) of getting a better deal when buying something onboard. On our Edge cruise in September we made a booking for a specific cruise in 2020, we got our Captains club upgrade, a specific cabin and extra OBC. We had the option of transferring the booking to our TA who then gave us extra discount and built a tailor made package for us around our chosen cruise. All very easy. I am looking forward to see what new options we will have to spend our OBC on Connie after her refit next year.

Hope you enjoy Celebrity, it is our favourite so far.

• Like 1

Thanks to all who have responded!!

One more question... Can you book more than one sailing date with benefits? I am eyeing one for Feb break 2021 as well as a July 2021 one. Could I book both on board? (It may seem a silly question, but on Disney you can only do one date and get benefits. You could book an additional date, but no benefits.)

36 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

One more question... Can you book more than one sailing date with benefits? I am eyeing one for Feb break 2021 as well as a July 2021 one. Could I book both on board? (It may seem a silly question, but on Disney you can only do one date and get benefits. You could book an additional date, but no benefits.)

You can book as many cruises as you want to put a down payment on.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yes and you can also book future cruises for RC and Azamara while onboard Celebrity. 

• Like 1

We have done over 50 Celebrity cruises, and the bulk of them were actually booked while on a X ship. The onboard booking perks can vary quite a bit (i.e., we have rarely received a bottle of wine).  

But I just wanted to comment to the OP that there will be a presentation by the future cruise staff, generally on a sea day, when they will outline the current offers and promotions.   We find that the questions from others can suggest something of interest to us.  This presentation time and date will be in the Celebrity Today, but if you want to make sure you don't miss it just drop by the future cruise office and ask when it will be done.  At the same time you  could schedule a meeting to check on the specific itineraries you find  of interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2019 at 2:09 PM, davekathy said:

We always book all our future cruises while onboard. With Celebrity we always get a bottle of wine for each Celebrity booking, the additional onboard booking OBC, reduced deposit and put in a drawing for a prize. Never won any of those. I always tell the person I'm booking with the month and day, ship, itinerary, stateroom number, dining preference (SD) and not to transfer the booking(s) to the TA on file. 

Wondering about the free bottle of wine. Is that from Future Cruise Sales for consumption onboard? Been on 150+ Celebrity cruises and never received anything other than the advertised OBC and reduced deposit !!!

You can book any available cruise or put a place holder for a future cruise (not released yet), The Non refundable deposit is N/A, Sail your Way-Sail Lowest available fare N/A. The booking goes automatically to your current TA, if you want to take control of the new booking X only ask you to sign a letter.

scan0001.thumb.jpg.500443ba2b255fce471848c3c3b816d4.jpg

scan0002.thumb.jpg.9c6858a76e96c55461f63ecc8c22094e.jpg

scan0003.thumb.jpg.e3e941cbc3447ce22d38ccd2be93e7e1.jpg

Edited by gerelmx
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

Wondering about the free bottle of wine. Is that from Future Cruise Sales for consumption onboard? Been on 150+ Celebrity cruises and never received anything other than the advertised OBC and reduced deposit !!!

I have received the free bottle of wine, and one ticket per person per booking for the raffle, not always are the same extra promotions for booking onboard. Past Eclipse cruise I win  the raffle, a free shore excursion. As I already have all my excursions booked with X they give me the money as OBC.

Edited by gerelmx

12 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

We've always received the free bottle of wine for booking a future cruise while onboard. It is my understanding you need to book a future cruise on the day of embarkation to receive the bottle of wine and all other promotional perks, reduced deposit and OBC. A bottle of wine for each future cruise you book. The wine can be consumed onbaord or not. Your choice. Since we always have the CBP and the CC HH drinks in the evening we take the wine home. 

Edited by davekathy

11 hours ago, gerelmx said:

I have received the free bottle of wine, and one ticket per person per booking for the raffle, not always are the same extra promotions for booking onboard. Past Eclipse cruise I win  the raffle, a free shore excursion. As I already have all my excursions booked with X they give me the money as OBC.

Kids onboard SI TA. Booked future cruise the first day. Offered a free pen and entry into raffle for free specialty. Don't really need the free wine since they are Zenith with unlimited free by the glass but come on - a free pen !!!

I can receive a 10% Military discount via booking via the UK Celebrity office.  My understanding is that they will not give the discount onboard. Any experience of this? Hope to book a South American cruise 2020 and on an X cruise in 3 weeks 

3 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I can receive a 10% Military discount via booking via the UK Celebrity office.  My understanding is that they will not give the discount onboard. Any experience of this? Hope to book a South American cruise 2020 and on an X cruise in 3 weeks 

That's not correct. I've been asked if I'm a veteran before and if they don't ask, I ask if I can get the military/veterans discount. I've always received the military discount when booking onboard. 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:04 AM, Caribbean Chris said:

You can also have your travel agent switch to a different cruise later if you change your mind or have a scheduling issue, and keep the same OBC benefits given for having booked while on board. At least, this has been our experience, and we’ve done it more than once.

Just a minor correction. You can have your TA change your reservation to a different cruise and retain your rights to an on-board-booking bonus OBC; however the amount of the bonus OBC will depend on the cabin class and cruise duration of the new cruise and can increase, decrease or remain the same.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Just a minor correction. You can have your TA change your reservation to a different cruise and retain your rights to an on-board-booking bonus OBC; however the amount of the bonus OBC will depend on the cabin class and cruise duration of the new cruise and can increase, decrease or remain the same.

Yes, I agree - benefits will always reflect the category and length since, for example, suites and longer cruises accrue greater perks and OBC.

• Like 1