Free Miniutes for Elite Loyalty level

HleeCruiser

12 minutes ago, HleeCruiser said:

How many complimentary internet minutes does an Elite Loyalty Level member receive on a 10 day cruise?  Thank you very much.

same as you got on a 10 day cruise at the Platinum level - 250 per member at that loyalty level ..

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:59 AM, caribill said:

When you first sign in, you will be given the opportunity to pay extra and get unlimited Internet time instead of just your original minutes.

Do you happen to know the extra cost for the unlimited internet time?  We are Elite and will be getting 250 minutes each on our upcoming 14 day cruise on the Regal.  I think that only one of us will consider the unlimited minutes.

Thanks,

Dave

I have asked this question before, several times,  and never got an answer.  I am curious what the price would be for unlimited after the 250 free minutes are used up. 

Just for conversation's sake, Celebrity offers a certain amount of free minutes or 35% off a package for their Elite level.  

However,  on my last trip with them, I was pleased to see that once I used up my freebees and logged in to purchase the "rest of the voyage" unlimited (already at a discount as we were half way through a 12 day sailing), I got the 35% off that.  

So I got the free time,  plus the 35% Elite discount on unlimited for the rest of the trip. 

Maybe someone who has had a similar experience on Princess will comment. 

1 hour ago, cruisinnorth said:

Do you happen to know the extra cost for the unlimited internet time?  We are Elite and will be getting 250 minutes each on our upcoming 14 day cruise on the Regal.  I think that only one of us will consider the unlimited minutes.

Thanks,

Dave

Refer to post no. 11 in the posting below. It should give you an idea. It shows the price for 10 day unlimited. Believe your cruise will be two 7 day b2b, probably 150 minutes each leg.

When I was on the Island Princess this summer on back-to-back cruises, the internet manager told me they were treating it as if I had booked a 14-day cruise: 250 minutes instead of 300. A note to passenger services got me the additional 50 minutes I deserved, even though I ended up not using them.

Here is a chart someone posted about the cost. If you think you'll need unlimited plan and are Platinum or Elite, wait until you're onboard to purchase the plan. I purchased the unlimited plan for one device on our 16-day transatlantic on the Crown Princess in September/October. I ended up receiving a partial refund due to the extremely slow speed. The internet on the Island this summer was consistently excellent except for one brief moment.

CRUISE LENGTH PRE_CRUISE PERSONALIZER ON BOARD PRICE (Day 1)
(nights) List Price Member Discount On Board Price Member Discount Price
7 $60.00 n/a $70.00 $52.50
8 - 10 $70.00 n/a $75.00 $56.25
11 - 12 $75.00 n/a $90.00 $67.50
14 $100.00 n/a $120.00 $90.00
15 - 30 $130.00 n/a $150.00 $112.50
31+ $180.00 n/a $200.00 $150.00

1 hour ago, cruisinnorth said:

Thanks,

Dave

Check out Pescado Amarillo's blog (yellowfish). She is on a series of cruises right now and posted the cost. Can't remember which day it was shown.

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

However,  on my last trip with them, I was pleased to see that once I used up my freebees and logged in to purchase the "rest of the voyage" unlimited (already at a discount as we were half way through a 12 day sailing), I got the 35% off that.  

So I got the free time,  plus the 35% Elite discount on unlimited for the rest of the trip. 

Umm...what is the difference between "unlimited" and "unlimited + 250 minutes"?  Unlimited seems to me to include 250 minutes.  Is the price for unlimited later in the cruise cheaper than the price for unlimited at the beginning of the cruise?  If not, then your "free" 250 minutes were meaningless.

Edited by frugaltravel

My understanding based on what others have posted on this Forum is that Plat/Elite can exchange their free minutes for a small discount on the unlimited plan.  It has been posted that this is offered only on Day 1.

Princess offers a pre-boarding discount on unlimited plans, to everyone.  Plat/Elites who buy an unlimited plan pre-boarding get this same discount, but if you buy pre-boarding, you do not get compensated at all for your free minutes.  

Reportedly, our price for the unlimited plan is cheaper on Day 1 than pre-boarding, because they will (on Day 1) compensate us for our free minutes.  

42 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

Umm...what is the difference between "unlimited" and "unlimited + 250 minutes"?  Unlimited seems to me to include 250 minutes.  Is the price for unlimited later in the cruise cheaper than the price for unlimited at the beginning of the cruise? 

Yes, that was my point.

Use up the free minutes, then buy a deeply discounted package for the balance of the cruise. 

They ran a special about midway through the cruise, approx. half price or less.  Adding my 35% discount to that made it a winner for me.

Not expecting the exact same deal on Princess, just curious if a similar opportunity might exist on my upcoming 14 day. 

From what I understand, after Day 1 full cruise package offers, the Medallion Net is a "per day" type deal for unlimited.  The intersection of number of people who would wait to buy the package later on and the number of CC members is probably very small, so there isn't reliable information on this.  I now wish I had made more inquiries on REGAL this past June.  But I will inquire of the Internet Cafe Mgr on our upcoming CROWN cruise (what do they charge for Medallion Net after Day 1?). 

I believe the "per day" list price of Medallion Net is why Princess is claiming in its advertising that cruisers save outrageously by booking pre-cruise in the Personalizer.  If the Medallion Net unlimited package cost decreased in cost day-by-day as the cruise went on, then the savings would not be all that much booking early.  I don't think Princess has the same sort of pricing plans as Celebrity and we Platinum/Elite members don't even save the purported 25% in real dollars, let alone 35%.

@geoherb, I have updated information after speaking with Princess again on this topic and posted a new table of rates on two or three threads.  Here is the updated chart with more details on the 8-10 and 11-12 ranges.  It isn't great for Elite/Platinum members as it represents more devaluing of our benefit:

<7 $45.00 n/a $55.00 $41.25
8 $70.00 n/a $75.00 $56.25
9 $70.00 n/a $80.00 $60.00
10 $70.00 n/a $85.00 $63.75
11 $75.00 n/a $90.00 $67.50
12 $75.00 n/a $100.00 $75.00
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

From what I understand, after Day 1 full cruise package offers, the Medallion Net is a "per day" type deal for unlimited.  The intersection of number of people who would wait to buy the package later on and the number of CC members is probably very small, so there isn't reliable information on this.  I now wish I had made more inquiries on REGAL this past June.  But I will inquire of the Internet Cafe Mgr on our upcoming CROWN cruise (what do they charge for Medallion Net after Day 1?). 

I believe the "per day" list price of Medallion Net is why Princess is claiming in its advertising that cruisers save outrageously by booking pre-cruise in the Personalizer.  If the Medallion Net unlimited package cost decreased in cost day-by-day as the cruise went on, then the savings would not be all that much booking early.  I don't think Princess has the same sort of pricing plans as Celebrity and we Platinum/Elite members don't even save the purported 25% in real dollars, let alone 35%.

@geoherb, I have updated information after speaking with Princess again on this topic and posted a new table of rates on two or three threads.  Here is the updated chart with more details on the 8-10 and 11-12 ranges.  It isn't great for Elite/Platinum members as it represents more devaluing of our benefit:

<7 $45.00 n/a $55.00 $41.25
8 $70.00 n/a $75.00 $56.25
9 $70.00 n/a $80.00 $60.00
10 $70.00 n/a $85.00 $63.75
11 $75.00 n/a $90.00 $67.50
12 $75.00 n/a $100.00 $75.00

Thanks! Do you have the discount price details for four devices?

16 minutes ago, Orrsthu said:

Thanks! Do you have the discount price details for four devices?

I don't have a complete set of prices for that one, although there is a discount for Elite/Platinum members.

I can say that I am becoming more interested in this one because if cruising with friends, it could be a great choice. 

I do know that the pricing for 10-nights is the same after discount as 2 single device packages.  So, it is a wash for two people, but a real deal for four.  By this I mean $170 on board and $127.50 with discount (if you qualify).  IIRC, it is $150 pre-cruise in the Personalizer for 10-nights. 

In general, you are better to buy the 4-device plan if you have 3 or more people sharing.  If you share credentials among 4 people, it effectively is a 1-device plan for each person.  If anyone has two devices (such as smartphone and laptop), then they should be logging off one before logging in to the other as they may knock someone else off.  

42 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I don't have a complete set of prices for that one, although there is a discount for Elite/Platinum members.

I can say that I am becoming more interested in this one because if cruising with friends, it could be a great choice. 

I do know that the pricing for 10-nights is the same after discount as 2 single device packages.  So, it is a wash for two people, but a real deal for four.  By this I mean $170 on board and $127.50 with discount (if you qualify).  IIRC, it is $150 pre-cruise in the Personalizer for 10-nights. 

In general, you are better to buy the 4-device plan if you have 3 or more people sharing.  If you share credentials among 4 people, it effectively is a 1-device plan for each person.  If anyone has two devices (such as smartphone and laptop), then they should be logging off one before logging in to the other as they may knock someone else off.  

Good to know! I am going to a 10 days cruise with my friends and if I can share with them the discount price would be great! You don’t have to stay at the same cabin to share the plan, right?

19 hours ago, geoherb said:

When I was on the Island Princess this summer on back-to-back cruises, the internet manager told me they were treating it as if I had booked a 14-day cruise: 250 minutes instead of 300. A note to passenger services got me the additional 50 minutes I deserved, even though I ended up not using them.

Same thing just happened to us on the Crown. I think they're counting on people not seeing the difference & purchasing the additional minutes. :classic_angry:

7 hours ago, Orrsthu said:

Good to know! I am going to a 10 days cruise with my friends and if I can share with them the discount price would be great! You don’t have to stay at the same cabin to share the plan, right?

No difference if someone buys a 1-device plan and shares login with partner/friend.  Whoever knows your login can connect to internet.  You would still have Medallion intranet for on-ship apps like messaging, events, drinks, etc.

33 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

You would still have Medallion intranet for on-ship apps like messaging, events, drinks, etc.

Until they add an audible tone or vibration to their system it's practically useless to me.