Cheers Payment plan

Jme4166

Carnival does allow a monthly payment for cruises where the total amount has to be paid in full 60-90 days before the cruise, as I recall.  If Cheers is being adding to your cruise account at Carnival, then it may be possible to increase the monthly payment to incorporate Cheers.  But you need to ask Carnival that question.

Make your own payment plan.  The cheers package for my wife and I on our last 5 day cruise was around $600.  If I wanted to make a payment plan, I could just buy carnival gift cards whenever I would want to make a payment on the cheers plan, and set it aside until you have enough to pay for cheers.  If you do a little work and research, you'll save 10% as well.

On 11/7/2019 at 11:19 AM, Jme4166 said:

I thought I read in another post about that someone was able to make payments for the Cheers program. Is this true? If so how do you do that?

Definitely make sure you buy before you're on board, it's cheaper - but I think you have until the night before you leave to get the pre-cruise discount.

13 minutes ago, aaronm120 said:

Just curious, for those who bought It, did you think it was a good value?

Depending on your habits, it can be *excellent* value. But the only way to know is to do the math. Bear in mind, you get unlimited bottled water, coffee sodes, etc., in addition to up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aaronm120 said:

we have had it. DH liked it because he could get the specialty coffee daily. and i could get a milkshake everyday. plus we could try the daily drink or the featured drink wherever we went without worrying that we wouldn't like it. we got to try several new drinks made in alchemy bar. and various wines at dinner. and if we didn't like it-oh well. no biggie.

at dinner our waiter would bring bottled water to us as soon as we sat down. we actually got off the ship with 8 full bottles of water. we live in tampa which is where we usually sail from so it wasnt a big deal to take it home.

there is a lot more to the cheers package than just the drinks. we tried many things that were never finished because we didn't like it.

12 hours ago, aaronm120 said:

On our 8 day cruise a year ago on Vista our final bill was 1,400.00. Cheers cost 900.00 

We do enjoy ourselves on cruises.

Start the day with 2 (Mimosas or Bailey's and Coffee or spiked coffee)

2-3 around the pool

2 pre-dinner (Achlemy)

1 with dinner

2-3 at night (shows or just walking around)

9-11 drinks over a 12 hour day .

Mix in some Non-alcoholic (Water) and you are well ahead of the game.

I'm not one that buys into the argument that you are OFF the ship for x amount of hours. Pax are still ON the ship a good 8 hours a day which is a little over averaging 1 drink per hour.

14 hours ago, aaronm120 said:

I don't buy it on every cruise, but when I do, it's an excellent value.  It's all in the math.  I not only drink more spirits than normal, but also more coffee, like before my night at the Alchemy Bar.  😁 

3 hours ago, adventuredancer said:

we have had it. DH liked it because he could get the specialty coffee daily. and i could get a milkshake everyday. plus we could try the daily drink or the featured drink wherever we went without worrying that we wouldn't like it. we got to try several new drinks made in alchemy bar. and various wines at dinner. and if we didn't like it-oh well. no biggie.

at dinner our waiter would bring bottled water to us as soon as we sat down. we actually got off the ship with 8 full bottles of water. we live in tampa which is where we usually sail from so it wasnt a big deal to take it home.

there is a lot more to the cheers package than just the drinks. we tried many things that were never finished because we didn't like it.

Tbh this is exactly why I plan to order it next month. I’m not a big drinker but would love to try different ones without the guilt of it showing up on my s&s because more than likely I’m not going to finish it. I will also get plenty of nonalcoholic drinks

On 11/9/2019 at 12:15 PM, desiree741 said:

Tbh this is exactly why I plan to order it next month. I’m not a big drinker but would love to try different ones without the guilt of it showing up on my s&s because more than likely I’m not going to finish it. I will also get plenty of nonalcoholic drinks

DH is not as adventurous in his drinks as i am. and usually sticks to the same beer, wine, and mixed drink when we are out. but w/ cheers, he was willing to try a few different types to see. one night at the comedy club we had 7 drinks in front of us. and none of them had more than 10% drank. we figured we might as well try things out. it is definately the time to do it.

and we would get a bottle of water each to take with us off the ship at each port. then we didn't have to pay for water

2 hours ago, adventuredancer said:

DH is not as adventurous in his drinks as i am. and usually sticks to the same beer, wine, and mixed drink when we are out. but w/ cheers, he was willing to try a few different types to see. one night at the comedy club we had 7 drinks in front of us. and none of them had more than 10% drank. we figured we might as well try things out. it is definately the time to do it.

and we would get a bottle of water each to take with us off the ship at each port. then we didn't have to pay for water

I didn’t think about ports, so I guess this means we shouldn’t have an issue bring some to our room for night time?

On 11/8/2019 at 5:39 PM, aaronm120 said:

Absolutely! You also get the specialty coffee, large mineral waters at dinner, and sodas/juices etc. I often see people mention sneaking alcohol on board to save money but it detracts from the experience IMO. Hanging out at the various bars, particularly at night, is entertaining in itself. You meet lots of different people from all walks of life, have great conversations, and it's convenient not to have to worry about unexpected costs. Going back and forth to your cabin, worrying about mixers and ice, and not being able to enjoy the bars is a huge downside IMO. The social aspect has a lot of value. Also being able to order a few mimosas with breakfast, specialty coffee after breakfast, couple of beers with lunch, couple of power aids throughout the day, couple glasses of wine at dinner, waters at dinner, and evening night caps makes the cruise more enjoyable for my wife and I. For us it was worth it even though we don't hit our 15 drink max.

• Like 1