First time I received this ... Name matching exactly

AlexandNessa

1 hour ago, MotownVoice said:

Great tip.

Except now you've got me fully freaked out.

I'll be sussing this out with our account first chance I get tonight.

I get it. I was like WTH? Never been an issue previously. Adding our middle names may be overkill, but I'm playing this one better safe than sorry. I don't want any unnecessary surprises at check in. 

I called on Saturday, had them add our middle names. Took about 10 min total. Our CSR said that the warning was mainly for those traveling by air booked through NCL, and those with recent name changes - but she agreed, better safe than sorry and was happy made the changes. 

We leave in a week - I'll be interested to see if anyone has trouble boarding without exactly matching documents...

Edited by The7Cs

My TA had my middle added per my request to match my passport. When I go into the NCL app the top has my full name now including middle  however, just below under online check in it has my first and last name and no middle. Wondering if it's showing correctly? For those that had their information updated, does it show this way?

1 hour ago, nautica34 said:

My TA had my middle added per my request to match my passport. When I go into the NCL app the top has my full name now including middle  however, just below under online check in it has my first and last name and no middle. Wondering if it's showing correctly? For those that had their information updated, does it show this way?

What you see is the same as what I see.  I'm confident it's been updated properly.  I figure some of their name displays on the website and the app simply don't show the middle name.

3 hours ago, nautica34 said:

Yes.  The important thing is what your e-docs are showing.  My PCC added our middle names to our profiles and current reservations, including for our January cruise on the Gem for which our e-docs had already been issued.  As soon as he updated our names, the e-docs updated in the app and on line. 

Edited by Turtles06

56 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes.  The important thing is what your e-docs are showing.  My PCC added our middle names to our profiles and current reservations, including for our January cruise on the Gem for which our e-docs had already been issued.  As soon as he updated our names, the e-docs updated in the app and on line. 

Thanks!

Honestly, I had been wondering for years why there was not space to include full names.

I received the email the other day and note (as did others) that at this time one does not have the ability to change this on their own. perhaps, in the near future this will be possible.

One quick call to NCL this has been taken care of.  Don't forget your spouses, children, other traveling partners.

As a couple of others have noted, I login and see my full name but the initial reservation information does not.  The E-docs show both of our full names and those are the important docs!

18 hours ago, nautica34 said:

After updating two reservations, we noted the same situation.

On 11/8/2019 at 2:09 PM, TACoor said:

Just called NCL - no wait time - updated our names for a December cruise and was told it would update for all future cruises. Glad I saw this thread. I had deleted the email thinking it was just unnecessary. Still, ridiculous that people can't take care of this on their website!

I deleted it too thinking it was just for people who got married/divorced. Guess I have to call. Ugh. Would be nice if I could do on NCL.com. 

• Like 1

Had my PCC add the middle names and now my eDocs are unavailable for the last 48 hours.  Says there is nothing he can do, it's a system thing.  Still have three weeks until sailing but dislike not having up to date docs.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 1:37 PM, AlexandNessa said:

In total agreement, and now I know to use my full name for any future bookings so I'm not dealing with this < one month from embarkation. 

I went to the NCL web site and when I went to change my profile and add a middle name, there was no place for it. I also went to where I have two cruises booked and there is no place for a middle name or any name for that matter on the check in pages.

5 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

I went to the NCL web site and when I went to change my profile and add a middle name, there was no place for it. I also went to where I have two cruises booked and there is no place for a middle name or any name for that matter on the check in pages.

Right. As mentioned you (or your agent) have to call to have it added. Their website, especially for mobile, and their IT department suck.

Again, I'm probably going overboard on this since I don't have flights booked, but I don't feel like risking it. And I feel by now that if we didn't need to add middle names, they'd have issued a clarification, especially if they were being inundated with calls of this nature. 

51 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

49 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

This is just another fine example of the very poor web site that they have. Maybe a shake up in their IT department is called for.

42 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

Right. As mentioned you (or your agent) have to call to have it added. Their website, especially for mobile, and their IT department suck.

Again, I'm probably going overboard on this since I don't have flights booked, but I don't feel like risking it. And I feel by now that if we didn't need to add middle names, they'd have issued a clarification, especially if they were being inundated with calls of this nature. 

As someone who spent a few years of my business career on special assignment as an IT manager (it's not my primary area of expertise) I can tell you that making changes to websites, apps, and computer systems in general aren't jobs that can always be done in the blink of an eye. I suspect that they decided it was necessary to start carrying full middle names in their database before it was possible to have the consumer platforms changed to allow it. So for now the solution is for you or your travel agent to contact NCL in order to have your records updated. Eventually you'll probably be able to do it yourself.

It appears as though once you have NCL update your profile the revised information will automatically populate all your reservations, which makes sense  as their systems no doubt are grabbing the information from a database of passenger profile records by Latitudes number. When I called my TA to update my profile as soon as I got off the phone I checked the edocs of all of my NCL reservations that had docs available and every one had been updated, so once you update you should be good to go with no further effort on NCL's or your part.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

This is just another fine example of the very poor web site that they have. Maybe a shake up in their IT department is called for.

NCL's website is run by an outside entity.  As such I've experienced numerous errors on their website...

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

As someone who spent a few years of my business career on special assignment as an IT manager (it's not my primary area of expertise) I can tell you that making changes to websites, apps, and computer systems in general aren't jobs that can always be done in the blink of an eye. I suspect that they decided it was necessary to start carrying full middle names in their database before it was possible to have the consumer platforms changed to allow it. So for now the solution is for you or your travel agent to contact NCL in order to have your records updated. Eventually you'll probably be able to do it yourself.

It appears as though once you have NCL update your profile the revised information will automatically populate all your reservations, which makes sense  as their systems no doubt are grabbing the information from a database of passenger profile records by Latitudes number. When I called my TA to update my profile as soon as I got off the phone I checked the edocs of all of my NCL reservations that had docs available and every one had been updated, so once you update you should be good to go with no further effort on NCL's or your part.

Yes the IT department at most companies has no relation to the website.  Website design is generally a separate function.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, AlexandNessa said:

This is maybe our tenth NCL cruise, but the first time we've received this. Our cruise docs have middle initials. Passports list full middle names. Wrote my TA to update, but I guess they're cracking down on these things? 

Screenshot_20191108-120426_Email.thumb.jpg.87b0ec5d8efc7eeed76a0ed9cad93344.jpg

So we do not have a passport, we are using a drivers license. Does the same rule apply? Just confused as it only says passport. Thank you! 

14 minutes ago, SportsFanatic said:

So we do not have a passport, we are using a drivers license. Does the same rule apply? Just confused as it only says passport. Thank you! 

Well I would assume you are OK - but if you are going anywhere other than Hawaii, you need more than just a driver's license.  https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents

11 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Well I would assume you are OK - but if you are going anywhere other than Hawaii, you need more than just a driver's license.  https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents

Yes, I know you need a birth certificate also. The birth certificate has the middle name, the drivers license does not, it just has the middle initial, so I am assuming they are saying they need it to match the drivers license,  with just a middle initial. But it really didn’t specify. 

1 hour ago, SportsFanatic said:

I just called my TA to change the names and he told me not to worry about it. They send these letters all the time and really only a concern if flying intercontiental. So, I guess i will go back to him and make him check with cruise line. 

I can't tell you what to do, but what I would do is tell him to make the changes, period.  Then no one has to worry about whether he's correct or not.   There is no downside to making the changes, but there could be if they are not made.  To you, though, not to him.  (Well, not until you get another TA after that.)

23 minutes ago, Sweetnspicy said:

Is it only people that have booked NCL that are getting this email? I haven’t received one for my cruise nor anyone in our roll call. 

I have a cruise booked for September 2020 and so far i have not received anything about this and i booked directly with the cruise line. After what happen to me on my November 2 Norwegian Dawn, i do not trust the Norwegian communication policy. it seems like they randomly pick people to send out important notices to 

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I have a cruise booked for September 2020 and so far i have not received anything about this and i booked directly with the cruise line. After what happen to me on my November 2 Norwegian Dawn, i do not trust the Norwegian communication policy. it seems like they randomly pick people to send out important notices to 

Sorry I typed too quickly and meant NCL Air!