An Amplified Agglomeration of Oasis Pictures - Post Amplification

twangster

Wow I feel like I just got my 1st Christmas present seeing these photos Thanks I can not wait until my turn onboard the updated Oasis on 1/26/20.

The chairs with clam shell cover or they free to anyone are do you have to pay to get one in the Solarium.

Paul

14 hours ago, crewsin250 said:

Wow I feel like I just got my 1st Christmas present seeing these photos Thanks I can not wait until my turn onboard the updated Oasis on 1/26/20.

The chairs with clam shell cover or they free to anyone are do you have to pay to get one in the Solarium.

Paul

Solarium is open to the public for all 16+ years old.  First come, first seated, no reserving chairs or loungers.

Portside BBQ.

Where else but deck 15 aft on the port side. 

oa_bbq-10.jpg

oa_bbq-9.jpg

oa_bbq-7.jpg

oa_bbq-8.jpg

oa_bbq-11.jpg

The inside section is air conditioned.

oa_bbq-13.jpg

Orders placed on the left then you slide to the right for sides, desserts and beverages.

oa_bbq-12.jpg

For dinner you can choose two or three meats, sides  and a dessert.

oa_bbq-14.jpg

For lunch or a smaller snack you can choose some of the favorites.

oa_bbq-15.jpg

oa_bbq-16.jpg

The full lunch menu:

oa_bbq-18.jpg

Dinner menu:

oa_bbq-17.jpg

Late night menu:

oa_bbq-19.jpg

The food all looks really good.

oa_bbq-1.jpg

oa_bbq-21.jpg

• Like 2

My first meal was lunch on boarding day.

Sammie with pulled pork.

oa_bbq-2.jpg

It's a lot of food and quite filling.

For dinner another night I had the brisket and ribs.

oa_bbq-23.jpg

Very tender. Fall off the bone tender.

oa_bbq-24.jpg

It's so much food I couldn't finish the brisket and all the ribs.

Sauces are available at the table.

oa_bbq-25.jpg

At dinner they had live music.

oa_bbq-32.jpg

oa_bbq-26.jpg

oa_bbq-27.jpg

Turkey leg lunch on another boarding day.  I feel like Fred Flinstone the Turkey leg is that big.

oa_bbq-33.jpg

All three meals at Portside BBQ have been really good.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, twangster said:

Solarium is open to the public for all 16+ years old.  First come, first seated, no reserving chairs or loungers.

Did you find that to actually be the case, or were the seat savers out in force?

Fabulous photos ! Look forward to seeing the rest of them- thank you for doing this! It’s very helpful , especially for those of us who sailed on her before the revamp .

Just off of Symphony yesterday (GREAT CRUISE) and will be on Oasis for the 4th time next November. I would love to hear about the music played in the new Music Hall. Do they still have the party bands which draws so many for dancing? We had Muzik Express - they were amazing!

Enjoy the 2nd week of your cruise twangster!

3 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

Did you find that to actually be the case, or were the seat savers out in force?

No different compared to the pool loungers.  

I haven't hung around long enough to see if Oasis is enforcing any policies in this regard.

Thanks so much for your outstanding photos and taking the time to share the amped Oasis with us!  Trying to plan a family cruise for summer 2020 and the photos will be great to share with those who've never sailed on an Oasis class.

Very appreciative of your hard work!  May I ask what camera you used?

Thanks again, Donna

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, twangster said:

The outdoor forward solarium deck is a first in the fleet.  You won't find this on any other ship, yet.

This area is closed until 9':30am.  It's right above the new cabins on deck 14.  I think they are trying to let people sleep in to avoid the chair scraping noises as guests inevitably rearrange loungers to suit their needs.

oa_sol-14.jpg

What does that sign say?  Was the whole area over the new cabins closed off?  Was this closure enforced?

22 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

What does that sign say?  Was the whole area over the new cabins closed off?  Was this closure enforced?

The sign says the area is closed.  This applies to the outdoor area over the new cabins, not the entire solarium.  There have been crew on hand to enforce the closure but not at all times.  

• Thanks 1

El Loco Fresh is new to Oasis of the Seas.  This appears to a closely resemble El Loco Fresh on Symphony.

oa_el-1.jpg

Handwashing stations.

oa_el-2.jpg

Like other El Loco Fresh in the fleet there are a selection of premade options.

oa_el-3.jpg

oa_el-4.jpg

A tortilla press right in the restaurant.

oa_el-5.jpg

oa_el-8.jpg

Toppings.

oa_el-9.jpg

El Loco Fresh is always a popular spot and it's pretty much impossible to get photos absent of any guests.

oa_el-6.jpg

A freestyle drink machine is found around the corner convenient for anyone on the sports deck.

oa_el-7.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/7/2019 at 5:53 PM, twangster said:

Spotlight Karaoke is a new change replacing the On Air Club.

Did you get a chance to watch any Karaoke?  It appears in the photos that those two large columns will block the view of the stage from a lot of the seats & tables.  Seems strange to have columns there but I'm sure it was unavoidable. 

On 12/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, sdrocks said:

Love all the pictures.  Can't wait to board in 63 days for a b2b.

Loving the pics also. Congrats on the B2B. I'm on a mini B2B in Late April. A 3 day and a 7 day. 🤤Really looking forward to the Portside BBQ. TURKEY LEGS! LOVE IT! 😋

Edited by Pizzaeater!
  • Like 1

Twangster, would you happen to know if you can substitute a turkey leg for the 2 meats entree when paying full price for the meal? For example, get a turkey leg, 2 sides and a dessert for $12.49. I see smoked turkey under Cuts but I don't imagine that's Smoked Turkey Leg. Loving this thread! Thank you!oa_bbq-17.jpg

• Like 1