Tribute to Journey

tommy

We just off the Equinox Dec 14 sailing We went to the show and it was bad It was a lot of guitar solos and not enough singing The lead singer kept leaving the stage I have never seen so many people walk out of a show At least 50 people walked out We kept waiting for the show to get better It didn't and we finally walked out Anyone else see the show?

Deb

I think it might have been the age demographics on this sailing. It seemed to me that there where a lot of seniors myself included. I thought it was a good show. It is very difficult to find someone who can duplicate the vocal range of Steve Perry.

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

And was it packed at the *end*?  LOL

Yes, 9:00 PM show.  Even during their encore. Cell phone flashlights waving back and fourth and a lot of us singing along.  And on that cruise there was a lot of us seniors. Rock on! 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yes, 9:00 PM show.  Even during their encore. Cell phone flashlights waving back and fourth and a lot of us singing along.  And on that cruise there was a lot of us seniors. Rock on! 

<Insert old people joke here.>

As a friend once said... “There are people who like Journey and others who are wrong” 😋

That said, how good (or bad) the cover band is can determine whether it’s a good show or not.  What was the name of the cover band on Equinox?  

We saw a Journey tribute band on Equinox in July and they weren’t bad. The guitarist was really good. People seemed to be enjoying the show and the theater was full, even to the end.  They did another show in the Centrum one night and it was packed also.

Sherri🙂

On 12/29/2019 at 3:27 PM, helen haywood said:

Yes, but I’m closer to the pop up bar on Deck 4! 😜

Those pop-up bars are more trouble than they're worth for me.  They tend to hand write receipts that often get confused and I'm charged for drinks that are included on the beverage package.  Not worth the aggravation of then going to GS to get the charges reversed.  I'll stick with the back row.

On 12/29/2019 at 4:21 PM, helen haywood said:

We always sit in the barstool seats at the back of the theater on Deck 4 so we can make a discrete withdrawal if we need to...

That’s what we do too😂That way you can leave without bothering anyone