SPRING BREAK

ezwriting

I somewhat reluctantly booked a Celebrity cruise over spring break because my bff wanted to join with her family. Seriously, you would barely know it was spring break. Yes, there were a few more kids than usual, but really, not a big deal at all. 

Anything is possible on any cruise you book, but as stated, it is less likely on a longer cruise such as the one you are considering. College kids usually book 3 or 4 nighters (but there are exceptions). You are likely to see families as people plan this cruise around the Easter holiday.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

We were on the Silhouette during spring break and the amount of children was not an issue.  Yes, there were more than on our other cruises, but there were not that many.  I would not hesitate to book.

Mark   

we are currently on Solstice out of Sydney on a 10 day cruise and there are A LOT of children on the cruise. That being said, they are not causing any major issues or disturbances.  They do tend to run up and down the stairs and play on elevators, but they are not disturbing our vacation.  We just ignore them.  There are a lot of places for quiet during the day, and they are no problem at night.

We booked a cruise during Easter week on Reflection once.  We, too, were nervous about a lot of children, so we booked Aqua class, thinking that would shield us somewhat.

We didn't need to worry at all.  There were less than 30 children on board.

17 minutes ago, mafig said:

We booked a cruise during Easter week on Reflection once.  We, too, were nervous about a lot of children, so we booked Aqua class, thinking that would shield us somewhat.

We didn't need to worry at all.  There were less than 30 children on board.

Since AQ Class are only double occupancy cabins, I would think Blu would have very few if any kids in that dining room.  If it were us, we would book AQ. We did an Alaska cruise last July on the HAL Noordam and there were a lot of kids but not a problem at all, we had one of those kids, our 10 year old grandson. I wouldn't worry about a 2 week cruise during Spring Break.

13 hours ago, ezwriting said:

Looking at a 10 night cruise on Reflection in April.  Your input:  Crazy loud and boisterous? 

Should I be concerned?  We are over 50 and we just want to relax and enjoy.

Thank you in advance.

We were on this exact same cruise this past April. No noticeable SB reveling issues. Be sure to keep an eye out on Easter weekend for various Easter-related food carvings and other decorations, especially in the buffet!

20190421_132558.jpg

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 3

Ditto! The one we were on started on a Friday and ended on the Monday after Easter. Not many parents want to add 2 days of missed school--more, if travelling a long way--to the "cost" of a cruise.

Edited by mayleeman

It's the Florida and Georgia College breaks that would be a matter of concern on a 4 to 7 nighter. The timing will vary for different schools, but Spring Breaks are usually in March. In point of fact, a couple of years ago there was a major issue on (I think) the Constellation. There was a thread from folks on this sailing and several videos were posted of the sheer and utter chaos.

As I recall, some of the students had to be turfed off at a port stop. But this solved very little. According to reports, these kids ignored security and literally took over the pool deck for the duration of the sailing. As a result, I believe that Celebrity changed the way they book College groups.

For an Easter sailing on a longer cruise, you'll have families. For this holiday, I think that's nice. You'll enjoy a great cruise!

We were on Eclipse 14 day cruise over Easter 2018. Usually we have seen fewer than a dozen children on these over 7 day cruises, but this cruise there were 100. But given the passenger count... still a small number and all well behaved. I was surprised at the number of children given the long cruise. But on that sailing the majority of passengers appeared to be European and Canadian. I assume that they had a longer break. There were no college spring breakers. Those tend to go on the shorter 3-5 day cruises... cheaper.

45 minutes ago, TFLG said:

People on Spring break don't take 10 day cruises.  I doubt you will see any Spring Break crazyness on anything longer than 7 days. 

Depends on where they are and the cruise dates.

NYC public schools have Spring Break timed around Passover and can easily be longer than a week depending on starting and ending dates. This year, for example, we are out beginning April 9 and returning April 20. 

46 minutes ago, AC Stew said:

It's the Florida and Georgia College breaks that would be a matter of concern on a 4 to 7 nighter. The timing will vary for different schools, but Spring Breaks are usually in March. In point of fact, a couple of years ago there was a major issue on (I think) the Constellation. There was a thread from folks on this sailing and several videos were posted of the sheer and utter chaos.

As I recall, some of the students had to be turfed off at a port stop. But this solved very little. According to reports, these kids ignored security and literally took over the pool deck for the duration of the sailing. As a result, I believe that Celebrity changed the way they book College groups.

For an Easter sailing on a longer cruise, you'll have families. For this holiday, I think that's nice. You'll enjoy a great cruise!

I was on that cruise and it was in early March ‘15 on the Constellation, 5 nights.  Apparently a smart (?) TA offered group rates and targeted students at UCF.  The first 2 days were raucous as there was a lot of underage drinking.   Security and the bar services got things pretty much under control and there was a big improvement.  In all honesty, after awhile the people complaining about the kids became more annoying than the kids.

Edited by Oville

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

We were on this exact same cruise this past April. No noticeable SB reveling issues. Be sure to keep an eye out on Easter weekend for various Easter-related food carvings and other decorations, especially in the buffet!

20190421_132558.jpg

That's actually kinda scary looking!  😁