Princess Senior Ship Staff, inc Cruise Directors & Entertainment Directors

CCHelp

Disembarked Royal Princess on May 14th. CD was Kevin Tugwell. He was great. However, the Wake Show had no trivia or shout outs or any of that sort of passenger participation. Other than that he was great. Also, the entire Assistant CD staff was a bunch of standouts. Truly excellent. We were very happy with them all. Smart, funny, approachable, etc. describes them all. What a great reintroduction to cruising.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Thrak said:

Disembarked Royal Princess on May 14th. CD was Kevin Tugwell. He was great. However, the Wake Show had no trivia or shout outs or any of that sort of passenger participation. Other than that he was great. Also, the entire Assistant CD staff was a bunch of standouts. Truly excellent. We were very happy with them all. Smart, funny, approachable, etc. describes them all. What a great reintroduction to cruising.

The abbreviated wake show is the same on all ships since the return. Corporate directive. 

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

The abbreviated wake show is the same on all ships since the return. Corporate directive. 

Most likely due to John Padgett. I sincerely despise that man.

• Like 3

On 5/1/2022 at 11:33 PM, pkt1976 said:

Yayyyyy I’m so excited for you! Yes, please do! I adore him, he’s such a great person.

I’m hopefully boarding the Crown Princess next Saturday and will do a live, it’s first sailing since the pause. I believe your sailing is the first back for the Royal? Lauren is also on the Majestic (cruise staff), she’s also absolutely fabulous and if she does her history lecture, I encourage you to go. 

Thanks for doing the live from....looking forward to hearing and sharing your experience.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 6:49 AM, Thrak said:

Just off Enchanted princess and Matt Barnard ( in picture bottom right above this post by dides) did shout outs and trivia via the app that he picked up from ....some how in the office and read them out ...gave spa prizes and champagne ...jokes and was quite funny ....a bit like the old days ...I would definitely be happy if he was CD on any ships I was on in future. I always try to like the wake show but sometimes it ain't good ..but Matts Wake shows were worth watching..

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, fishnchips said:

Just off Enchanted princess and Matt Barnard ( in picture bottom right above this post by dides) did shout outs and trivia via the app that he picked up from ....some how in the office and read them out ...gave spa prizes and champagne ...jokes and was quite funny ....a bit like the old days ...I would definitely be happy if he was CD on any ships I was on in future. I always try to like the wake show but sometimes it ain't good ..but Matts Wake shows were worth watching..

Thanks. Good to know that things may be moving back toward "normal". Ours was the first cruise for Royal Princess and people may still be feeling their way. Like you,  we try to "like" the Wake Show but agree that sometimes its not good. Our last cruise before the shutdown had the absolute worst Wake Show (and worst CD staff overall) that we have ever encountered. While the Wake Show was a disappointment on this last cruise the CD staff was fantastic.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 12:13 AM, sammyjoanne said:

SHIP 

CRUISE DIRECTOR 

ENTERTAINMENT DIRECTOR 

Caribbean Princess     

Gary Golding

Martyn Moss

Coral Princess 

Crown Princess 

Jody Miles

Diamond Princess 

Discovery Princess 

DuVaul Gamble

Frenchie Desbuquois

Emerald Princess 

Fernando Cunha

Enchanted Princess 

Marcus Prince Juanta

Grand Princess 

Corinne Steel

Island Princess 

Olivia Guthrie

Majestic Princess 

Natalie Costa

Duke Christopher

Regal Princess 

Aaron Hawkins

Neil Rose

Royal Princess 

Kevin Tugwell

Ron Goodman

Ruby Princess 

Kristoff Greyling

Tim Donovan

Sapphire Princess 

Sky Princess 

Paul Chandler-Burns

Andi Saunders not appearing on the list anymore. Lets hope Princess has put him out to pasture for a long time.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

Andi Saunders not appearing on the list anymore. Lets hope Princess has put him out to pasture for a long time.

Actually he said last week that he was going to join Grand Princess soon...

• Thanks 1

A few updates from recent posts

SHIP 

CRUISE DIRECTOR 

ENTERTAINMENT DIRECTOR 

Caribbean Princess     

Gary Golding

Martyn Moss

Coral Princess 

Crown Princess 

Jody Miles

Kelvin Joy

Diamond Princess 

Discovery Princess 

DuVaul Gamble

Frenchie Desbuquois

Emerald Princess 

Fernando Cunha

Enchanted Princess 

Matt Barnard

Marissa Wurms

Grand Princess 

Corinne Steel

Island Princess 

Olivia Guthrie

Majestic Princess 

Natalie Costa

Duke Christopher

Regal Princess 

Aaron Hawkins

Neil Rose

Royal Princess 

Kevin Tugwell

Ron Goodman

Ruby Princess 

Kristoff Greyling

Tim Donovan

Sapphire Princess 

Sky Princess 

Paul Chandler-Burns

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pray that you don't get Olivia Guthrie on your cruise.  At one point on the Island Princess two weeks ago she started reading her Princess Theater jokes off of her little cue card,  Seriously.  That may be because very few in the audience ever laughed at her feeble attempt to tell off-the-cuff jokes.  On the Wake show she acted like a silly teenager.  Guthrie would serve Princess better by working in the kid's club.

Aaron Hawkins has gone on leave from the Regal as off June 28th and been replaced with Dan France. He’s apparently new to Princess but has been with other cruise lines. First impressions weren’t good but we’ve slowly warmed up to him. We found out last night he’s a very accomplished opera singer. 

Edited by Alanr204

20 hours ago, Alanr204 said:

Aaron Hawkins has gone on leave from the Regal as off June 28th and been replaced with Dan France. He’s apparently new to Princess but has been with other cruise lines. First impressions weren’t good but we’ve slowly warmed up to him. We found out last night he’s a very accomplished opera singer. 

Did you hear when he is coming back after leave?  Any other changes?  A photo like Post #315 is quite helpful.

1 hour ago, Cookingmath said:

Getting off the majestic princess today… here was the staff. “Never the less… BYE bye! 👋 😘 “ staff was so great 

(Edit: wait, the director was Armando I am pretty sure)

B22F290B-C885-4E9F-B61E-FB2B4DBC0850.jpeg

I notice a lot of CC members are now posting these senior staff photos now to respond to requests for who's who on particular ships.  These boards exist on all ships, usually on Promenade Deck 7 somewhere near mid-ship.

I have a suggestion for the Moderators and tagging @Host CJSKIDS in particular since she is our official Princess "hostess-with-the-mostest" (Jimmy Durante I think coined that).  We have this thread which was made a sticky.  We have also had MD/DRO thread and a Captain's thread - if you can find them. 

My suggestion is to rename this "sticky" thread something like Princess Senior Ship Staff and that CC members post these photos, along with ship name, and those of us interested can look-up who is working on any ship of interest.  In this way, we have one thread capturing all the senior staff and then no one necessarily has to create and fill in table charts in thread posts of names which quickly go out of date. 

• Like 3

On 6/7/2022 at 4:54 AM, windsor26 said:

Looking forward to the Sky next months what is Paul Chandler-Jones like?

Just off the Sky - Paul is extremely funny and quick-witted - we loved his gameshow contributions and amusing but informative Wake Shows.  Here are the ship officers on Sky Princess:

skyprincess-ship-officers.thumb.jpg.3afc9e756e8a8a94c86758ecae0066bf.jpg

• Thanks 1

A few updates from recent posts that I can decipher.

SHIP 

CRUISE DIRECTOR 

ENTERTAINMENT DIRECTOR 

Caribbean Princess     

Gary Golding

Martyn Moss

Coral Princess 

Crown Princess 

Jody Miles

Kelvin Joy

Diamond Princess 

Discovery Princess 

DuVaul Gamble

Frenchie Desbuquois

Emerald Princess 

Fernando Cunha

Enchanted Princess 

Matt Barnard

Marissa Wurms

Grand Princess 

Corinne Steel

Island Princess 

Olivia Guthrie

Majestic Princess 

Aaron Mac

Dan P???

Regal Princess 

Dan France 

Neil Rose

Royal Princess 

Kevin Tugwell

Ron Goodman

Ruby Princess 

Kristoff Greyling

Tim Donovan

Sapphire Princess 

Sky Princess 

Paul Chandler-Burns

Matt Thompson

On 6/11/2022 at 2:46 PM, Steelers36 said:

I notice a lot of CC members are now posting these senior staff photos now to respond to requests for who's who on particular ships.  These boards exist on all ships, usually on Promenade Deck 7 somewhere near mid-ship.

I have a suggestion for the Moderators and tagging @Host CJSKIDS in particular since she is our official Princess "hostess-with-the-mostest" (Jimmy Durante I think coined that).  We have this thread which was made a sticky.  We have also had MD/DRO thread and a Captain's thread - if you can find them. 

My suggestion is to rename this "sticky" thread something like Princess Senior Ship Staff and that CC members post these photos, along with ship name, and those of us interested can look-up who is working on any ship of interest.  In this way, we have one thread capturing all the senior staff and then no one necessarily has to create and fill in table charts in thread posts of names which quickly go out of date. 

Great idea @Steelers36 thanks for the suggestion.  

It’s been renamed.

Please continue to post information and share the pictures taken on the ships.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Host CJSKIDS changed the title to Princess Senior Ship Staff, inc Cruise Directors & Entertainment Directors
1 hour ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

According to her Instagram account Natalie Costa is the current cruise director on the Royal Princess. 

Interesting. We disembarked Royal Princess on May 14th and, at that time, Kevin Tugwell was the cruise director. He was fine as CD except that his Wake Show was nothing worth watching. We like it when the Wake Show has a funny and engaged CD and has daily trivia questions, etc. Other than a boring Wake Show though Kevin was actually very good.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Interesting. We disembarked Royal Princess on May 14th and, at that time, Kevin Tugwell was the cruise director. He was fine as CD except that his Wake Show was nothing worth watching. We like it when the Wake Show has a funny and engaged CD and has daily trivia questions, etc. Other than a boring Wake Show though Kevin was actually very good.

I'd love to know the percentage of people that watch the Wake Show. I didn't even consider watching it when I was scrolling across the tv on our recent Emerald cruise. At a guess I'd say well under 10% watch it. I've never heard it mentioned when we have met up with a group on cruises.