LIVE from the EURODAM - CIRCLE HAWAII

sansterre

1 hour ago, cavecreekguy said:

I'm looking forward to all the details. I'm on the next one, leaving March 18.

WE are too!   And I look forward to the posts from the cruise leaving today!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ski ww said:

Bon Voyage, have a great cruise, fair winds & smooth seas. 

HI ski ww!  I used to me known as luv2ski!  I am very familiar with Victoria Harbour!  Do you remember the Snowbirds flying over the harbour?  It would be '91 or '92!  My son was up there above you!  They were flying into Collingwood but flew over Grandview Beach to the thrill of our family!  You can contact me at CB41 if interested.  I'll be on the April 15th cruise to Hawaii with luvteaching and others. Plus the earlier sailing from Vancouver to Seattle, a bonus being able to leave from home port!  Look forward to hearing form you!

13 hours ago, CB41 said:

HI ski ww!  I used to me known as luv2ski!  I am very familiar with Victoria Harbour!  Do you remember the Snowbirds flying over the harbour?  It would be '91 or '92!  My son was up there above you!  They were flying into Collingwood but flew over Grandview Beach to the thrill of our family!  You can contact me at CB41 if interested.  I'll be on the April 15th cruise to Hawaii with luvteaching and others. Plus the earlier sailing from Vancouver to Seattle, a bonus being able to leave from home port!  Look forward to hearing form you!

We retired to the Harbour in 1998, my wife is from Waub, I'm from Edmonton.

Allan

On 3/1/2020 at 11:20 AM, luvteaching said:

Really looking forward to this. We're on the April 15th cruise out of Seattle.

We are also on the April 15 cruise and I’m so excited to hear how folks are enjoying this. 

Boarding seemed to go well.  We had to complete a survey asking 3 questions about if we had a fever and if we had been in China, Japan, Hong Kong, etc. or in contact with anyone  who had coronavirus.  We checked "NO" in three boxes and signed at the bottom.  I was surprised that there was no one taking temperatures.

We were given a letter at check-in written by Dr. Tarling, Chief Medical Officer titled Health Advisory - Coronavirus.  It listed adopted measures intended to keep us safe.  #1 said: "Guests who have traveled from or through mainland China (including Hubei Province) in the past 14 days, will not be permitted to board the ship.  This does not apply to Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan". That one surprised me but the rest of the letter was full of tips to stay healthy and what to do if experiencing any symptoms of illness.

Everything went smoothly once on board.  After dropping off our carry-ons in the cabin, we met our room steward Frank, then checked on dining arrangements at guest services.  By the time we returned, our luggage was in the room. We emptied most of the suitcases before and after the drill, then enjoyed dinner and our head waiter named Made.

Day 2  It is a beautiful day outside with blue sky and sunshine.  But it is windy and that makes it difficult to walk a straight line on the Eurodam.  The outside doors are closed to prevent injury etc.

We were up early, breakfast in the MDR (main dining room) when it opened at 8.  

By 9:00 I was on the Lido Deck with a pile of orchids in front of me.  I made a lei to wear to dinner tonight!  (pictures tomorrow)  It wasn't difficult, just took some time with cotton thread and a special long needle that allowed us (about 50 cruisers) to add 5 flowers at a time.  In Hawaii people earn about $9 an hour making leis and they sell them everywhere.  We might even find them in Walmart!  

At 9:45 I entered B.B.Kings venue we held our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet.  Since I had made the arrangements with HAL, I arrived 15 minutes early to be sure things were set up properly.  Tables were set up and staff was just beginning to bring in coffee, water, and cookies.  Of the 80 people signed up, about 50 attended and for the next 40 minutes we put a face to the names we had seen on our Roll Call for the past few months.

At 1:00 DH and I attended Pop Trivia, 30 questions pop quiz on a theme.  The theme this time was "animals".  We missed two - what is a Flemish Giant?  and what animal can go 10 months without water?

Trivia is at 4:00 and the evening trivia will be a music trivia, which we probably won't do as we don't remember many songs.  BTW a Flemish giant is a rabbit.......and a camel can go 10 months without water.  We thought that was too obvious so went with Giraffe which is also able to go without water for long periods of time.

The captain has told us the windy weather should continue throughout the evening.  But the Eurodam is cruising well through the wind and waves.

If you have any specific questions, ask away, and I will try to respond to those that I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Who is your cruise director?  EXC locations rep?   Kainoa is a well liked Hawaiian locations personality.  Is he onboard?  Lei making sounds like fun.  Did you make them for Gala night?   It sounds like your roll call meet and greet was planned for a perfect time with a good turnout.