Are there any physicians on this board?

Harborgirl246

I would like to have one  who will tell us if he  or she would even  sign this letter for people over seventy as having no conditions making them unable to travel or the opposite: able to travel?

Also could this be done by fax or email if we have been seen recently?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Since it appears that no stamp or notary style stamp or script pad is needed....

In health and bon voyage

My doctor said no. Form said cancer. Non specific. I have had multiple skin cancers thus no.

I await the upcoming announcement this afternoon discussed elsewhere. Still have 2 cruises booked

3 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

My doctor said no. Form said cancer. Non specific. I have had multiple skin cancers thus no.

I await the upcoming announcement this afternoon discussed elsewhere. Still have 2 cruises booked

Your doctor won't sign it because you had skin cancer????😟

Latest Gov.UK says over 70’s should not cruise, but I wouldn’t be able to anyway, as I am pre Diabetic. That is confusing as I have read that it’s those patients with TYPE1 Diabetics, not Type 2. So very general information.

646E883D-F5C7-47E8-ACD8-C071E13245C6.png

Edited by upwarduk

32 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

The revised form requires that your doctor certify that you have no critical illness "which would make this patient susceptible to complications arising after infection with the Novel Coronavirus". I'd challenge the doctor on how skin cancer makes you susceptible to complication.

11 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

The revised form requires that your doctor certify that you have no critical illness "which would make this patient susceptible to complications arising after infection with the Novel Coronavirus". I'd challenge the doctor on how skin cancer makes you susceptible to complication.

His immune system might be compromised. It depends on when and what type of the treatment has been completed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ellie_daisy said:

His immune system might be compromised. It depends on when and what type of the treatment has been completed. 

That's the type of explanation I'd expect my doctor to provide, not a simple "no". 

Actually, I am not going to put my doctor in a compromising position. One week ago, as a healthy 70's cruiser, I was determined to go on our currently booked European cruise, due to sail in June. If the boat goes, I go. Today - required doctor's note or not - to sail the ocean blue seems selfish and less important than the possible consequences that could result from my actions. As a senior citizen I will defend my right and ability to cruise the world's waters and enjoy vacations. However, there are times when prudence prevails, for my sake and for the sake of fellow passengers, as well as family and friends. This is one of those times....in my opinion!. Too much risk for the reward. 

I will take a wait and see attitude, for now. Closer to cruise time if things are the same, or worse, I will gladly get out of everyone's way. And you know what, my doctor will have nothing to say about it. 

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 6

Thanks for your honesty.  I am getting really tired of the people on the news (and on these CC boards) still going on holidays (cruises, all inclusives, or other) now and stating that they deserve it, don't think the virus is "that bad", etc.  They are selfish, considering they are now exposing themselves to even more potentially sick people and, upon return, even if they show no symptoms, can be infected and pass it on to other more vulnerable people.  They are travelling despite warnings from their governments - how irresponsible.

As you said, everyone has the right to enjoy a vacation.  But there's time to take one later when things have improved.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, zook50 said:

Thanks for your honesty.  I am getting really tired of the people on the news (and on these CC boards) still going on holidays (cruises, all inclusives, or other) now and stating that they deserve it, don't think the virus is "that bad", etc.  They are selfish, considering they are now exposing themselves to even more potentially sick people and, upon return, even if they show no symptoms, can be infected and pass it on to other more vulnerable people.  They are travelling despite warnings from their governments - how irresponsible.

As you said, everyone has the right to enjoy a vacation.  But there's time to take one later when things have improved.

AMEN!

• Like 1

Sorry - I'm not certain of American directives.  Our Canadian public health officials and government have said no non-essential travel of any kind.  Of course, this is a recommendation.  They can't force people to listen. 

• Like 1

Yikes employed docs are probably not going to be allowed to use their common sense and sign that. My husband is a gynecologist and they won’t let us travel by car to west va to work on his dads farm even though there are no covid 19 cases there. They told us if we travel anyway automatic 14 day quarantine without pay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums