Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It's the "new normal" in these "unprecedented times".

Although next week will be the "new, new normal" in these "new unprecedented times".

And then it will be the "revised new normal" in "extraordinary times" and so on and so on and so on.

Meanwhile I'm sitting in a cafe having a lovely coffee out of a real cup. That's progress! 😁

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And then it will be the "revised new normal" in "extraordinary times" and so on and so on and so on.

Meanwhile I'm sitting in a cafe having a lovely coffee out of a real cup. That's progress! 😁

And we're sitting at home watching Water Rats 😉

14 minutes ago, possum52 said:

The Australian series? That’s an oldie! 

I used to enjoy that show set in Sydney, mainly in the harbour. 

Leigh

That's the one Leigh, it's on Amazon prime.

I'm watching the "When we go to war" mini series now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I was thinking more of the Proud Mary style of river cruising, that way I don't have to do the cooking.

The downside to houseboats or any sort of charter boat is you still have to do the day-to-day chores.

We looked at hiring a house boat but you really need to bring a crowd to offset the cost!  This is the trouble, cruises are just so cost effective when you factor everything in. Dammit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

We looked at hiring a house boat but you really need to bring a crowd to offset the cost!  This is the trouble, cruises are just so cost effective when you factor everything in. Dammit. 

We have hired a smaller houseboat 2 bedrooms but enough for 6 people for just the two of us.....a couple of times.   from Mannum in South Australia is was very relaxing out of a week spent two whole days just lied up to the bank at a remote location   very peaceful.... must do it again if there is any water left in the Murray 

Cheers Don

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Myself and 9 mates managed to book the pub for lunch on Friday!  Now that's a new normal - the forseeable future has arrived! 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, banzaii said:

Myself and 9 mates managed to book the pub for lunch on Friday!  Now that's a new normal - the forseeable future has arrived! 😎

Annoyingly in SA we still can't eat inside even though we've been Covid free for over a week now. God knows what they are waiting for. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

very relaxing out of a week spent two whole days just lied up to the bank at a remote location   very peaceful.... must do it again if there is any water left in the Murray 

Murray is very full atm Don, shame we can’t cross borders  though 🙄

One of the biggest problem I can see is the life boat drill if we have to social distance.

Theres talk of completing a process online and watchIng a video as part of your online checkin. Once onboard you would have to quickly report to your station and register and be checked off.

Royal Caribbean has registered Emuster.

Sounds good to me.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

One of the biggest problem I can see is the life boat drill if we have to social distance.

Theres talk of completing a process online and watchIng a video as part of your online checkin. Once onboard you would have to quickly report to your station and register and be checked off.

Royal Caribbean has registered Emuster.

Sounds good to me.

Yep, compulsory visit to a the relevant muster area and also the watch a video in your cabin.  I think this is one more thing that will /may hang around for longer than just the covid crisis.

18 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep, compulsory visit to a the relevant muster area and also the watch a video in your cabin.  I think this is one more thing that will /may hang around for longer than just the covid crisis.

And Rod said us cruisers will suffer with C19.

It sounds like things are getting better !!!

But even disembarking each port with social distancing will be an issue. It will take a very long time to get everyone off, then back again as well as go through the security scanner. And heaven help the tender process. 

7 minutes ago, Pushka said:

But even disembarking each port with social distancing will be an issue. It will take a very long time to get everyone off, then back again as well as go through the security scanner. And heaven help the tender process. 

Social distancing will be just about over before cruising is allowed again.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

8 people per tender

LOL.

Actually it will be even easier, all passengers will be rejected due to COVID19 risk so you just look at the port from Ship.

As keen as we have been on cruising & all that that encompasses, even if there is a lessening on social distancing etc as exists on land now & on-going, I think we will all quickly tire of the constraints that will exist onboard, until a vaccine is available. 

• Like 1

Border force update today:

Just released by Australian Border Forces...
CRUISE SHIP PROHIBITION EXTENDED

The current restriction on cruise ships entering Australian waters has been extended for a further three months until 17 September 2020.

Any cruise ship capable of carrying more than 100 passengers is prohibited from operating cruises in Australia.

On 15 May 2020, the Governor-General has extended the human biosecurity emergency period for an additional three months, from 17 June to 17 September 2020. This has enabled the Minister for Health to continue to exercise the emergency powers under the Commonwealth Biosecurity Act to prevent or control the spread of COVID-19.

On 20 May 2020, the Minister for Health extended the determination, undersection 477(1) of the Biosecurity Act 2015 (Biosecurity Act) to prohibit the arrival at an Australian port of any international cruise ship that has left a foreign port.The restrictions included direct arrivals and Round Trip Cruises (RTC).

When this restriction was first granted on 27 March, 2020, there were 28 international cruise ships in Australian waters. Under this direction, the Australian Border Force enabled these ships and their crew to safely depart.

The Australian Border Force has been in constant contact with the cruise industry which has been cooperative and understands the Government’s overwhelming priority to ensure the health and safety of the broader Australian community.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I hope the cruise lines now cancel anything for all those cruises so that people can have their finances sorted, rather than having to pay the final payments and then try and reclaim it back.

I agree, I have to wait 90 days for my FCD to be credited back to our account for our August Sapphire princess cruise that was cancelled by Princess. Still waiting for our NCl cruise that was cancelled on the 13th March (also told 90 days)

I will not be booking anything till travel is up & running again (and thats includes interstate travel, if the States ever open up the borders)

Cheers

Tanya

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Well that gives me a glimmer of hope for the September 19th Round Australia cruise I have booked ... but only a faint glimmer. 🤣

Can I please ask if you were able to get travel insurance with virus cover.

Cheers Carole