P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Hello all, hope everyone is well.

Four day weekend is a bit flat here as poor John is working all four days.

I’m just enjoying the rest from work! 

Just been sitting in the garden, had some  lovely sun but it’s clouding over a bit now. John had just got home and is in the shower. When he’s ready he’s going to drive me to drop a prescription off and pop a birthday card through a friend’s door! The excitement!

I did watch the Trooping the Colour yesterday and thought the fly past was brilliant, made me feel quite emotional. The Queen  seemed to enjoy it too.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Afternoon everyone, 

It's a nice sunny day again down here, and getting hotter😁 so am going to make the most of it as it forecast for rain tomorrow. Typical as we have arranged to have a BBQ and afternoon tea party, it might be a bit crowded indoors with 16 people and two dogs!

Have had a busy morning. First thing headed out early on the hunt for Amaretti biscuits. First stop Home Bargains, they sell them but were out of stock, next Lldl and had to queue to get into the car park as half of it is closed due to an old mill next door becoming unsafe - again no. Next stop Marks, again out of stock and then Asda, again no joy, before returning home to wait for my Tesco order to be delivered. Loaded the fridge with drinks for tomorrow while waiting and since my order arrived have made some peach mousses for tomorrow, no having a bit of lunch before heading out into the garden.

Hope you are all enjoying your day.

I got some in Penzance Sainsburys! 

On our way to St Ives. We are stopping overnight in Bridgwater.......I know let's leave fairly early, we spend a few hours in Weston super mare and have lunch, we haven't been there for years. Not much has changed. Still a typical bucket and spade resort. Nothing wrong with that, but in this woke she is this sign appropriate? 🤔

IMG_20220603_134433_3.jpg

Edited by zap99
Picture fell over
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

On our way to St Ives. We are stopping overnight in Bridgwater.......I know let's leave fairly early, we spend a few hours in Weston super mare and have lunch, we haven't been there for years. Not much has changed. Still a typical bucket and spade resort. Nothing wrong with that, but in this woke she is this sign appropriate? 🤔

Watch out for that Man with 7 wives on your way to St Ives 😁

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

Plenty of sun down here, windy though. Glad we had our bbq yesterday. My simplified Jubilee trifle seemed to go down well. Have a lovely day. 

951E1250-2919-4753-8DE8-6CB6DB10A4B9.jpeg

Looks yummy!!! I have just made the custard for mine

Michelle

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Same here with Clotted Cream which was unavailable on our Tesco order, went out to 3 supermarkets, local Coop, Farm Shop to no avail, seems there is a nationwide shortage of Rodda’s clotted cream. 

We've got plenty down here!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

Plenty of sun down here, windy though. Glad we had our bbq yesterday. My simplified Jubilee trifle seemed to go down well. Have a lovely day. 

951E1250-2919-4753-8DE8-6CB6DB10A4B9.jpeg

Looks lovely.

My daughter has made a version, without the Amaretti biscotti as we couldn't find any.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Same here with Clotted Cream which was unavailable on our Tesco order, went out to 3 supermarkets, local Coop, Farm Shop to no avail, seems there is a nationwide shortage of Rodda’s clotted cream. 

Perhaps it's called Daves clotted cream now.

Had a good start to our Anniversary weekend spending some time walking in the new forest looking at the newly born foal’s, went to the spa ( correct spelling this time Kalos 😂 ) for a few hours then changed for dinner but we were unimpressed with our meal so I didn’t take photos, off to Hillier Gardens today something we haven’t done before.

Have a good day everyone and Zapp enjoy Cornwall.

72E1E2BE-688E-449F-92D9-8E88588DC7BD.jpeg

7CBAC961-A2D9-443E-8636-AB86DD51CC01.jpeg

929CE1B1-CF3F-491C-BADD-D26C2C0ED225.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from North East England.

It is cloudy and 8°C at the moment.

It has been nice watching the platinum jubilee celebrations.

Not much planned for today so hopefully we will sit in the garden.

I hope everyone is well.

• Like 2

Morning

Jubilee weekend celebrations are not going to plan in our household.
I really hope it’s a bug or something I ate and that it’s not connected to the sea sickness I felt once back on land, but I have been pretty sick since Wednesday evening, have spent the last 2 days in bed. I’m going to try eating today and hope that it stays down 🤢

We’re supposed to be hosting a big family bbq tomorrow afternoon , I have all the trifle ingredients but might have to ask one of my daughters to make it. 

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

I really hope it’s a bug or something I ate and that it’s not connected to the sea sickness I felt once back on land, but I have been pretty sick since Wednesday evening, have spent the last 2 days in bed. I’m going to try eating today and hope that it stays down 🤢

We’re supposed to be hosting a big family bbq tomorrow afternoon , I have all the trifle ingredients but might have to ask one of my daughters to make it. 

Hope you feel better soon Sarah and that you can enjoy your bbq tomorrow 

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

So sorry to hear this Sarah, on my first cruise I experienced a lot of swaying and dizziness, and still do on all my cruises but not as bad as the first one which I had to go to doctors to get some pills . It does sound like you’ve also caught a bug and I hope it’s getting much better for you now and you can enjoy your family bbq tomorrow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Sorry to hear this, hope you feel better soon.

It's been raining heavily down here most of the night and it's still raining, although it's than fine drizzly stuff!  Have family coming round later for a BBQ and afternoon tea. Lots of things were made ahead of time so kitchen worktops are full of food defrosting that just need the finishing touches added. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Sorry to hear you have been sick Sarah.

I hope you are feeling a lot better soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Octopus lovely rubbry but the company good last night.

My GP once informed me that she'd told her husband she wanted my life when she retires.  Well, I'm beginning to feel the same about yours, as I look on with green eyes.  It all looks so inviting.  Maybe not the octopus though 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Hope you feel better tomorrow so that you can enjoy your barbecue.  

• Thanks 1

It is quite pleasant here this morning with sunshine and a light wind so I  am hoping that it stays this way this afternoon for my bowling match but the forecast is for showers so I could get wet.

OH is out spraying the hedges with insecticide because there are signs spider mites on them.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Hard luck. Did you try a LFT just in case as COVID can upset your stomach

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

My GP once informed me that she'd told her husband she wanted my life when she retires.  Well, I'm beginning to feel the same about yours, as I look on with green eyes.  It all looks so inviting.  Maybe not the octopus though 😉

Yeah but,Ollie Smith says it's transformed with the classic pairing of a 1973 Blue Nun.

• Haha 3