P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

So good it looks upside down and I haven’t had any gin 😉😀

Blame this site for the upside down picture, but this is what's left!  With regards to scones, jam then cream.

20230507_203310.jpg

• Like 3

Our street party to celebrate King Charles coronation was a lovely afternoon and evening, the weather was lovely and warm in the sun.  Everyone contributed foods, some home made and some shop bought.  When it came to an end the clean up was made easy by everyone doing  their bit.  There was far too much food so I have collected up the packaged stuff to drop off at the food bank.

20230507_112609.thumb.jpg.40953dac705220263d7b184d15862caa.jpg

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Our street party to celebrate King Charles coronation was a lovely afternoon and evening, the weather was lovely and warm in the sun.  Everyone contributed foods, some home made and some shop bought.  When it came to an end the clean up was made easy by everyone doing  their bit.  There was far too much food so I have collected up the packaged stuff to drop off at the food bank.

20230507_112609.thumb.jpg.40953dac705220263d7b184d15862caa.jpg

Lovely set up Josy.

I'm pleased you had a great time.

We have been watching the coronation concert on TV tonight.

• Like 2

Good to see that Nicole had her assets on show tonight !

Kudos to Gary B for not hogging the limelight during the Take That finale. 

Highlight of the night  - Steve (Stevie) Windwood sounding as good as ever,  and transporting me back to 1965 . Shame he didn't  sing "Keep on Running"  - a classic.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Good to see that Nicole had her assets on show tonight !

Kudos to Gary B for not hogging the limelight during the Take That finale. 

Highlight of the night  - Steve (Stevie) Windwood sounding as good as ever,  and transporting me back to 1965 . Shame he didn't  sing "Keep on Running"  - a classic.

Recorded it to watch tomorrow. If you like Steve Winwood watch him playing Mr fantasy on U tube at the crossroads festival, or can't find  my way home. An acoustic version played in his barn. Magic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Recorded it to watch tomorrow. If you like Steve Winwood watch him playing Mr fantasy on U tube at the crossroads festival, or can't find  my way home. An acoustic version played in his barn. Magic.

Thanks - I'll seek it out. An underrated star.

• Like 2

After the lovely weather yesterday we have heavy rain this morning so it was a good idea to clear up everything from the street party last night.  There were a few suggestions that if we left the clean up for today but the three of us whose drives were blocked decided that it should be done last night and several couples stayed to help us.

I hope that everyone had as nice day as we did.

Today's plan is to watch the coronation concert which I recorded.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Lighting, special effects and drone work spectacular, as usual. Loved the blue whale!  Not sure about some of the acts. Worst was Lionel - was he drunk?! Well organised and entertaining though. 

My vote for Worst of the Night goes to Paloma Faith. I think Lionel Ritchie, as do many older singers, lose the power and quality of their voice, but the magic and nostalgia is still there.

Avril

• Like 6

I laughed at the Miss Piggy and Kermit sketch with the rather lovely Hugh Bonneville!

I must say I thought Katy Perry performed really well and Take That were a good end to the night…..

And I loved the drones…… all in all - very enjoyable and it didn’t go on for too long with very few gaps.

• Like 6

Highlights for me of the event which we watched about an hour behind as we had been watching a film beforehand

1. Steve Winwood and the International choirs

2. The powerful rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone by Sir Bryn Terchel & Andrea Bocelli

3. Zak Abel singing Don’t You forget about me and the amazing drone show accompanying the song

4. The U.K. choir made up of choirs nationally

5. Prince William’s speech and the focus on the Kings conservation and environmental work and support over the last 59 years.

Once again a top quality BBC Events production. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Highlights for me of the event which we watched about an hour behind as we had been watching a film beforehand

1. Steve Winwood and the International choirs

2. The powerful rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone by Sir Bryn Terchel & Andrea Bocelli

3. Zak Abel singing Don’t You forget about me and the amazing drone show accompanying the song

4. The U.K. choir made up of choirs nationally

5. Prince William’s speech and the focus on the Kings conservation and environmental work and support over the last 59 years.

Once again a top quality BBC Events production. 

Just a shame about the so called top acts (Perry, Richie and 60% of Take That), who in my opinion were awful. It just goes to show how voices can be so electronically enhanced during the recording process, which doesn’t happen when they sing live. At least they were not miming to a backing track I suppose.

19 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Just a shame about the so called top acts (Perry, Richie and 60% of Take That), who in my opinion were awful. It just goes to show how voices can be so electronically enhanced during the recording process, which doesn’t happen when they sing live. At least they were not miming to a backing track I suppose.

I actually thought Take That were pretty good.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, pete14 said:

My wife said when he started singing how flat he sounded, certainly no longer has the voice he once had and it was his backing singers that effectively got him thru his sent. One of my friends messaged her during the Take That set, saying had they mistakenly booked 60% of a Take That Tribute Act, this from someone who has seen Take That over 20 times in their career. 

I think the earlier artists & less well known artists were much better than the so called headliners. 

Dense fog here, all the neighbours & st just have disappeared, either that or they were blasted from the volume from the concert last night, DH cranked up the amp! Thoroughly enjoyed it, yes some voices not so strong live, but I’ve heard worse Paul Mc Cartney a few years back at Glastonbury for instance. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

My vote for Worst of the Night goes to Paloma Faith. I think Lionel Ritchie, as do many older singers, lose the power and quality of their voice, but the magic and nostalgia is still there.

Avril

Strangely I thought Paloma Faith was very good ,as they all were. Lionel Ritchie was embarrassing.  The real stars were the drones.🤣

• Like 3

A gift left in our room this morning on Ventura

The contents were x 2 but DH had his share immediately. He can have mine later (the G&T not the popcorn  😉). Nice gesture even though the mini canvas tote has a clear Made in China label inside.

PXL_20230508_121432000.thumb.jpg.7bdf5228955da1446cdcf71341eb7761.jpg

• Like 19