P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

What a wet and miserable weather day here and windy with it

It being windy has been great.

For the seventh time in the last two weeks there was free electricity for a few hours this afternoon, and I have just had an email saying it is the same again tomorrow.

• Like 1

I was awoken at 5 am by the rain lashing against bedroom window accompanied by strong winds, try as I might I was unable to get back to sleep for the 3rd morning in a row, last 2 where due to inconsiderate taxi passenger slamming car doors, I know who the culprit is she is a recent new tenant in the flats opposite, she is a care worker, but seems to care little for her neighbours

I have some ear plugs somewhere may need to use them. 

• Like 6

Sad to log in and learn the reason for kalos’ absence. 
Get well soon kalos and best wishes to Mrs k too

We have a very wet and windy day forecast.  Due to have started already, but so far so dry.  Fingers crossed it’ll last another half hour so we can at least get out & stretch our legs.  I think there’s a cricket ODI v Ireland due to take place today?  20 September sounds awfully late in the year to be thinking of cricket in the British Isles

Have a good day everyone. Be aware that there’s a lot of it about at the moment and please take appropriate precautions 

• Like 5

I have just got home from taking the children to school.  When I got to my niece's house my sister was there because my niece had called her at 3am to ask her to go round to stay with the children and dog because her husband was taking her to UHNS because she was in so much pain from the costocondritus and somehow her chemo port has managed to move.

I have taken the children to school but on the way home got caught in a traffic jam due to flooding on the A50.  All in all it looks like another bad day  I have to pick the not so little darlings up this afternoon because my sister has to take her husband for his oncologist appointment.

Things can only get better 🤞

• Like 5

16c and windy here but rain has stopped.

Spent yesterday afternoon in a car dealer waiting area for 3.5 hours whilst our car was being serviced and MOTd, weather in the end wasn’t so bad so I could have walked to Festival Park but took my iPad and it whiled away the time but left more than £600 lighter😩

My team Southampton lost for the 3rd time in a row last night so I’m really frustrated, we have one of the best squad of players in the Championship but a clueless manager!!

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

16c and windy here but rain has stopped.

Spent yesterday afternoon in a car dealer waiting area for 3.5 hours whilst our car was being serviced and MOTd, weather in the end wasn’t so bad so I could have walked to Festival Park but took my iPad and it whiled away the time but left more than £600 lighter😩

My team Southampton lost for the 3rd time in a row last night so I’m really frustrated, we have one of the best squad of players in the Championship but a clueless manager!!

Ditto Stoke City who Southampton will be playing soonish.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Ditto Stoke City who Southampton will be playing soonish.

Yeh inexplicably we took on your ex manager Nathan Jones who set us on the path to relegation last season. Why can’t we just employ a manager who gets the best out of the players that they have rather then deploying their system and ideology😒

• Like 2

We are now Covid boosted but no flu vaccines yet, I asked the pharmacist and she told me that they are expecting to start doing them 1st October.  I am getting the shingles vaccine tomorrow at the doctors surgery so I will ask when they are having their flu vaccine clinics then I can decide where to go for mine.💉

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Kalos, I'm really sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope you kick it into touch quickly (laughter being the very best medicine!) and aren't too uncomfortable while you do that.  I guess you're on the list of those able to access the antivirals, and if that's the case I hope the procedures work well in your area. Please do prompt them in the event of a delay which might jeopardise the 5 day window. Sometimes, I understand, that's necessary.

Harry

Nice to hear from you Harry. I hope all is well for you. I'm sure Kalos will take comfort from your kind words.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Sad to log in and learn the reason for kalos’ absence. 
Get well soon kalos and best wishes to Mrs k too

We have a very wet and windy day forecast.  Due to have started already, but so far so dry.  Fingers crossed it’ll last another half hour so we can at least get out & stretch our legs.  I think there’s a cricket ODI v Ireland due to take place today?  20 September sounds awfully late in the year to be thinking of cricket in the British Isles

Have a good day everyone. Be aware that there’s a lot of it about at the moment and please take appropriate precautions 

It's been a wet morning so far, I don't have much hope of them starting on time.

• Like 3

Today I’m back to physio for my next set of exercises/torture 😂. I’m pleased with my recovery so far but being off work is costing me a fortune - we booked another cruise yesterday adding to another one we booked a fortnight ago!

A miserable day here but at least the garden is getting watered.

• Like 9

Sending very best wishes for a good recovery Kalos, I miss your positivity and fun.

To everyone else with health checks and tests I hope all goes well and good news is soon received.

We have our flu and covid jabs this afternoon as well. It's good the roll out is being speeded up.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Kalos, I'm really sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope you kick it into touch quickly (laughter being the very best medicine!) and aren't too uncomfortable while you do that.  I guess you're on the list of those able to access the antivirals, and if that's the case I hope the procedures work well in your area. Please do prompt them in the event of a delay which might jeopardise the 5 day window. Sometimes, I understand, that's necessary.

Harry

It is good to see you posting Harry.

I got the all clear from my skin cancer consultant this morning at hospital.

It is raining heavily here at the moment.

• Like 25